Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post
    I like these kinds of episodes! Lines were drawn, people comming together or intersecting (xcept for Hiro and Ando lol) and stupidity kept at a low!

Not bad at all lol that or its just Kristen Bell! Anyone catch the wizard remark? lol (and by anyone i mean VM fans lol)
    which episode was that in? I must have somehow missed it

Good riddance to Maury. I never liked him. Also, Peter's father sounds weird. :P

Every time Sylar mentions being Peter's brother, I feel like there should be a big "DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUH!" sound effect or something. xD

Pretty good episode, though. It's good to see Elle again.

I thought this was the best episode of the season so far.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Decent episode. I really don't like how they sweep everything under the mat when they are done with it. Found some even badder villain than Adam and Maury, the main two from season 2? Ok let's kill them off without much buildup or thought. Ali Larter is signed on for season 3 but we don't feel like continuing her storyline? Let's make her a twin and completely forget about it.

There's more examples but I don't want to go through it all. I was talking about this with Miriel and she came up with the best analogy. The writers of this show are like a bunch of teenagers who like comic books and decide to write their own. They throw in whatever they think is cool and dismiss whatever they don't, without any consideration to character or story development. It makes for interesting TV but it certainly isn't good TV.

Still it must have some kind of appeal because I'm still watching it.

I bet if anyone started watching this show in this season and then went back to season 1 it wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I don't think it even makes for interesting TV a lot of the time. :P I'm just watching it because I'm hoping it gets back to the quality it was in season 1. And honestly, compared to last season, I think they're at least going in the right direction, though not fast enough.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It will never be as good as season 1 unless they get a whole new cast. Season 1 was about ordinary people discovering extraordinary abilities, but nowadays these people are anything but ordinary.

I think they should scrap the current cast and get a whole new one. Maybe Mohinder could go back to being a normal human being and be the only constant. That'd work for me.

Hell, they could keep the other characters, just moving them to minor roles. That would work, too.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Prediction:

(SPOILER)Hiro either undoes everything or saves the day. We see a hint of Sylar not being evil, but I have no idea how that plays out.

There aren't enough episodes to justify a cop-out (Hiro going back in time to undo everything) so my immediate assumptions are nullified.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I think they should scrap the current cast and get a whole new one. Maybe Mohinder could go back to being a normal human being and be the only constant. That'd work for me.

Hell, they could keep the other characters, just moving them to minor roles. That would work, too.
    Of All people you want Mohinder to come back?!!! If he does atleast make him intelligent!

I do agree that some stories with characters should play out...least until they have a proper ending...i didnt like how Micah was just pushed aside and the death's Nikki and D.L! Actually i just hope the story ends with the downfall of the company...assuming they're completely bad!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Mohinder was there to be a normal human constant. :P He's an important person at the center of the whole evolution thing.

As for his intelligence, well, that's something there wasn't room enough for in the budget when making this show, apparently.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, I finally caught the wizard reference that was mentioned after watching eppy 7

I'll be honest. Still too much same ol', same ol' for me. I want something new and different. Like, I dunno. Sylar takes Claire away for a romantic cruise and she gets knocked up or something. ANYTHING other than the usual "oh I can't die, this sucks." and "omg I'm Arthur Petrelli and I'm big and bad because I can suck your powers out of you!" and "omg I'm a lab rat! *angst*"

=[ It's been the same thing for several episodes now! The thing with Elle was pretty sweet though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    I'll be honest. Still too much same ol', same ol' for me. I want something new and different. Like, I dunno. Sylar takes Claire away for a romantic cruise and she gets knocked up or something.
    If that happens, not only will I never watch this show again, I will write angry letters like a giant nerd to everyone involved with it.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    Ok, I finally caught the wizard reference that was mentioned after watching eppy 7
    My wife's been going on an on with the HP correlations for a while now, so whenever we watch an episode and there's anything she has to pause it and point out the correlation. Makes for slow Heroes watching. xD
    Figaro Castle

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    It will never be as good as season 1 unless they get a whole new cast. Season 1 was about ordinary people discovering extraordinary abilities, but nowadays these people are anything but ordinary.
    That was supposed to be the original premise, but, as Miriel and I have mentioned, the creators succumbed to network pressure.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

blah blah blah flashback episode. Like most of what goes on with this show this was only interesting the first time they did it.

Arthur Patrelli's accent is annoying the crap out of me.