Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranormal Activity 2

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin Paranormal Activity 2

I invited (dragged) my brother and his gf to watch this movie as I had been excited about its release since I had watched first movie and realized that the second was coming out this year (I would never have watched it except for this cottage trip a few months ago)

Anyway, the movie did not disappoint. I won't give much away but if you have seen the poster you would know (SPOILER)there's a baby and a dog involved.

The last PA thread I fished out of the past was well received - I will say that my brother was covering his eyes after an hour into the movie; he usually doesn't care about horror movies [they don't scare him, but he did appreciate a good horror film like the shining], but the whole time he was telling himself that it's just a movie, etc etc. Doesn't work!

I've been so excited for this movie and I'm so happy that I keep hearing good things about it.
    Now if I can just somehow get to see it before it leaves theaters :/

I remember being thoroughly unimpressed with the first, but that was only because horror movies aren't my thing, even psychological thrillers. But as far as that "found footage" style goes, it was alright. I may go out to see this one if some of my droogs are going out.

Blog Entries

Despite of being a major horror buff, I still haven't seen the first movie. I don't know, I tend to stay away from the "mainstream" flicks, as they are hardly ever as thrilling as some of movies with much smaller budgets.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PA was made on a fifteen-thousand dollar budget. I'd call that pretty small. Somehow, though, the sequel's budget jumped up to three million.

I generally like the documentary-style films (Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Rec), but I just found the first film absolutely terrible and disappointing after hearing so many good things about it. Maybe you have to see it in theaters or something to get really into it, but it was not for me. I doubt I'll be seeing PA2.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What do people see in these movies? The first one was just The Blair Witch Project redux. I'll take something like The Shining over this nonsense any day.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first one made me hide in the shoulder of some guy next to me. He laughed a lot.

I am so seeing this on Tuesday I think!

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    What do people see in these movies? The first one was just The Blair Witch Project redux. I'll take something like The Shining over this nonsense any day.
    You don't enjoy many movies these days, do you?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoy tons of movies, but these low-budget "documentary" horror films bore me.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    PA was made on a fifteen-thousand dollar budget. I'd call that pretty small. Somehow, though, the sequel's budget jumped up to three million.

I generally like the documentary-style films (Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Rec), but I just found the first film absolutely terrible and disappointing after hearing so many good things about it. Maybe you have to see it in theaters or something to get really into it, but it was not for me. I doubt I'll be seeing PA2.
    Yeah very small. There have been student thesis films made for more than that. I didn't like the first PA. I wasn't expecting much and even then I felt there was something to be desired. The conflict was introduced right away, so that the whole film centered around. There wasn't room for much surprise because you knew what you were dealing with. I believed that these could be real people, but at the same time I knew they were actors, so I'm not entirely sure if they accomplished what they set out to do. Rec was better.

I'd rather watch Aftermath tbh.

Blog Entries

Grin

I will say that if you have watched PA1 that PA2 forces you to review PA1 from a different angle given more context/history.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Uuugh I'm torn. I liked the first one, and I want to watch PA2, but I also could not sleep for a week after watching the first.

Blog Entries

Grin

due it! If anything the last two scares were SO AWESOME

It was scarey!
    ~*Fizzgig*~

I will see this. I want to see it with my friend up in MN, but I won't be there until Thanksgiving and she said she probably couldn't wait that long.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.