Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft employee fired for pointing out the obvious

EDIT: The warranty was bumped up to three years. There are no Xboxes on the market right now that aren't covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    What's funny is I have one of these things... ._.
    That is funny.
    What's funnier is that I just got my third free system replacement from them because the ones I have stop working so much.
    Do you know that if you keep telling them with every new console that you bought them a few months ago, your warrancy will never expire. xD
    Totally doesn't work like that. When you buy an Xbox, the warranty is automatically activated. They know when and where your Xbox was sold, they just don't know who bought it until you register it. When it's replaced, it keeps the same warranty you already had, with a minimum of 90 (or 30? I forget) days.
    You can say that all you want, but everytime you get an new xbox, and it breaks, they don't know when you bought it.

It's a new xbox, new product number, and therefore, a new buy date.

I've had 3 xboxes, and they've asked three times when I bought it, and all the other stuff, name, adress and such. Never once did they correct me. I just keep giving the dates I received those new consoles.

So unless you are really stupid and actually give your real buy date, you can keep doing it indefinitely.

But of course, you know better, right?
    Yes, actually, I do know better, seeing as I worked for Xbox customer support for four months. :rolleyes2 They ask you when you bought your Xbox because it's easier to tell you to take it back to the store if it's brand new. Also because dead air equals a poor score if you're being monitored. It's small talk. They can see when you bought your Xbox by looking up the serial number.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

That is funny.
    What's funnier is that I just got my third free system replacement from them because the ones I have stop working so much.
    Do you know that if you keep telling them with every new console that you bought them a few months ago, your warrancy will never expire. xD
    Totally doesn't work like that. When you buy an Xbox, the warranty is automatically activated. They know when and where your Xbox was sold, they just don't know who bought it until you register it. When it's replaced, it keeps the same warranty you already had, with a minimum of 90 (or 30? I forget) days.
    Then how come I've got 2 free replacements over this year? I got the first Xbox at Christmas last year and it's September now.
    Are the elite type of xbox's a little more reliable? or is the Red Ring Inevitabibibarl? Oh! btw! I have no idea why I am fueling the quote pyramid ! I haven't seen one in ages~

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That is funny.
    Then how come I've got 2 free replacements over this year? I got the first Xbox at Christmas last year and it's September now.
    Are the elite type of xbox's a little more reliable? or is the Red Ring Inevitabibibarl? Oh! btw! I have no idea why I am fueling the quote pyramid ! I haven't seen one in ages~
    No, they fail just as hard as the Arcade ones. At least for me, dunno about anyone else.

Oddly enough, I've never been RRoD'd before-- it's always been an issue where the disc won't read, similar to the original PS2 Disc Read Errors.

FFXIV Character

*snip*
    [leeza]Good lord. Stop. This is very not necessary. ~ Leeza[/leeza]
    Ah! I see, the only issue I've only frozen once because I glitched GTAIV while in the middle of being arrested (xD...).

I hope I'll have a nice and long run with my first Xbox.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

EDIT: The warranty was bumped up to three years. There are no Xboxes on the market right now that aren't covered.

Yes, actually, I do know better, seeing as I worked for Xbox customer support for four months. :rolleyes2 They ask you when you bought your Xbox because it's easier to tell you to take it back to the store if it's brand new. Also because dead air equals a poor score if you're being monitored. It's small talk. They can see when you bought your Xbox by looking up the serial number.

Then you must of course know that the serial number changes with a new xbox360?

Why would you ask if something is new when you can see all the data right there on the screen. Shouldn't they know the date already?

If it is the same xbox 360, then of course they know! But how would they if they give you a brand new one?
    Last edited by Aerith's Knight; 09-14-2008 at 01:31 AM.

But people at the customer service of course magically know whether a new serial number is given or bought.

Seriously, you can try to get off on this, but facts don't lie, and I got one from the launch. So either they screw up a lot, or they can't check new serials, or both(more likely).

If it is the same xbox 360, then of course they know! But how would they if they give you a brand new one?
    They don't give you a brand new one most of the time, they give you a refurbished one. Believe it or not, the repair center also has access to your account information. The one database keeps track of every Xbox sold and the warranty information attached to it. They know when they gave you a brand new one because THEY'RE THE ONES WHO GAVE IT TO YOU.

The thing is, as of right now, every Xbox 360 in the world is covered by the extended warranty (for the red ring) because it's a three year warranty and the Xbox 360 was launched in November of 2005.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But people at the customer service of course magically know whether a new serial number is given or bought.

Seriously, you can try to get off on this, but facts don't lie, and I got one from the launch. So either they screw up a lot, or they can't check new serials, or both(more likely).

They don't give you a brand new one most of the time, they give you a refurbished one. Believe it or not, the repair center also has access to your account information. The one database keeps track of every Xbox sold and the warranty information attached to it. They know when they gave you a brand new one because THEY'RE THE ONES WHO GAVE IT TO YOU.

The thing is, as of right now, every Xbox 360 in the world is covered by the extended warranty (for the red ring) because it's a three year warranty and the Xbox 360 was launched in November of 2005.
    I actually got it in December, and I hope it breaks before then. I'd want to keep the thing working as long as possible when the warranty breaks down.

I don't think a lot of people have thought that far ahead. They're like "Oh, I'll get an Xbox and if it breaks I'll just send it back and get it replaced forever and ever and ever" but forever and ever and ever only lasts three years. I suppose one thing you could do would be to try to force it to overheat every couple of months.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I feel as though I am traveling Giza with all these pyramids...

Microsoft has always been douche. Even still, I use some of their products. Thus, by extension, I am a douche.

The shame...

Now you know why XBox 360 is so cheap...PS3 FTW!
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Well skullskullskullskull, I hate to think what the failure rate must be like on the Wii then.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Well skullskullskullskull, I hate to think what the failure rate must be like on the Wii then.
    Compared to my XBox 360, 0%.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

games on x360 > other next gen console games.
    it's worth the trouble, considering titles out.

FFXIV Character

As long as I can play right through IU and Mirror's Edge before it explodes on me, I'm shweet :]!

I am so totally buying Mirror's Edge. It looks amazing.