Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft employee fired for pointing out the obvious

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erikramza View Post
    games on x360 > other next gen console games.
    it's worth the trouble, considering titles out.
    You know guys, I can honestly understand why everyone has a Xbox-360. It has the best games out on it. I get that. But what I don't get is why you guys will take being treated like crap by these companies. Just buying the Xbox is proves that Microsoft can bitch slap you guys and still expect you guys to make it dinner. I wonder what the future holds...:rolleyes2
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno. Extending the warranty to three years and costing themselves over $1bil in the process of putting the RRoD fiasco right seems to me like treating a customer okay. I mean sure, it'd be better if the things never broke, but they do - and MS are trying to fix the situation. I don't expect perfection, I expect a reasonable response when things go wrong, and in my eyes MS did that.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I dunno. Extending the warranty to three years and costing themselves over $1bil in the process of putting the RRoD fiasco right seems to me like treating a customer okay. I mean sure, it'd be better if the things never broke, but they do - and MS are trying to fix the situation. I don't expect perfection, I expect a reasonable response when things go wrong, and in my eyes MS did that.
    That's besides the point. The point of this thread is to show that MS knew about the problems before hand and still did nothing to take measures to prevent them. But yeah, I REALLY want to promote a company that releases a broken console purposely. The futures looking brighter and brighter...:rolleyes2
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

He got fired for pointing out the obvious? That's a bit like dishonesty to me.

TyphoonThaReapa, I don't have a 360. There are quite many "promising" games coming to PS3 eventually. Look at PS3's release titles on ign.com.

Ask me to tell you some stories of real customers getting shat on by Microsoft. Go on, ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    He got fired for pointing out the obvious? That's a bit like dishonesty to me.

TyphoonThaReapa, I don't have a 360. There are quite many "promising" games coming to PS3 eventually. Look at PS3's release titles on ign.com.
    I have a PS3 as well and I know what to expect from it in the long term. That's the whole point of me buying a PS3. But MS showed no patients whatsoever and suitable causes created suitable effects. Meaning, the anxiousness to progress to the next generation cause their product to experience last generation problems. What's worse, they knew this would happen before hand and did nothing. And what more worse, the people are still buying this crap. What I'm trying to say is that if you REALLY care about not only the quantity but the quality of this industry, we shouldn't be putting up with half assed consoles and the creators that knowing about their mistakes and still releasing them without second thought. We're basically giving them good reason to give us crap and not care about what we want and need from the Video Game Industry. And if we continue this, I wouldn't be surprised if the next consoles have similar or worse problems...
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Ask me to tell you some stories of real customers getting shat on by Microsoft. Go on, ask me.
    Why? I know it happens. But it hasn't happened to me. When my 360 broke MS's response was prompt, efficient, and courteous. I was treated in a manner which I expected - indeed exceeded my expectations, as the repairs took half as long as I expected. And I'm going to base my position off how I've been treated.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Why? I know it happens. But it hasn't happened to me. When my 360 broke MS's response was prompt, efficient, and courteous. I was treated in a manner which I expected - indeed exceeded my expectations, as the repairs took half as long as I expected. And I'm going to base my position off how I've been treated.
    The first time mine broke (haha) we got a rude jerk on the phone. But we did away with him and talked to the manager, who was super awesome and sent me a free game.

The other time it broke (haha) the person was nice and helpful. And my 360 arrived two weeks earlier than expected, so that was neato.

I'm sure there are some customers that get massively shat on, like by an elephant or something . But I was treated pretty well.

I don't think MS should have released the console with known faults though, so that irks me. But whatever, my 360 works and I know what broke it.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

This is another reason why I dislike Miscrosoft. The Xbox shouldn't even exist in the first place when they're already making money off of PCs and PC games. In addition to that they copy others in the market and disclude people who speak out the devious truth behind the company.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My brother's first 360 broke, he sent off for it to be fixed and it took so long he bought another. The good thing is, I'm now getting his spare 360.

Tell me some stories of real customers getting shat on by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Tell me some stories of real customers getting shat on by Microsoft.
    Well here's one. Some Xbox 360 consoles scratch discs. Microsoft knows this, and they acknowledged it at first. But after a while they decided they didn't want to replace the scratched games any more and took the official position that it just never happens. If a disc gets scratched, it's because the owner moved it during play.

Microsoft knows this is a load of crap because if an Xbox gets sent to the repair center for doing this, it gets repaired. Hell, when I was in training, one of the Xboxes we were using started scratching the hell out of discs.

Microsoft will only acknowledge a problem if happens frequently enough for them to not be able to deny it.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Any stories of how it just refuses to read discs?

That's happened to me three times now, and I'm on my fourth console now.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    This is another reason why I dislike Miscrosoft. The Xbox shouldn't even exist in the first place when they're already making money off of PCs and PC games. In addition to that they copy others in the market and disclude people who speak out the devious truth behind the company.
    Sony always made plenty of cash off of TVs, stereos, and such. Does that mean the Playstation shouldn't exist? That's actually how I felt when it first came out. If that were the case Nintendo would be the only company on the market right now. Ironically its their fault the Playstation does exist..

None of the companies are doing everything right though so I can't really complain much about Microsoft. I got my product. It works. No biggy

Sony always made plenty of cash off of TVs, stereos, and such. Does that mean the Playstation shouldn't exist? That's actually how I felt when it first came out. If that were the case Nintendo would be the only company on the market right now.
    Sega would probably still be making consoles. :P