Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Force Unleashed

Banned

Default The Force Unleashed

Anyone else get it? What system did you get it on? I just finished level one. Its pretty cool. I'm mostly interested in new canon, but the game is damn fun. Its a brawler where you do ultra cruel things.

I played the demo and didn't like it very much. Messing around with your force powers is only appealing for so long. Plus there didn't even seem to be many ways to utilize them. They gave the impression this game was so much more than it really was. But all you really do is shoot lightening and throw people about. Meh.

Also, if your going to make a Star Wars game the first thing to nail is the lightsaber action. I'm not even a Star Wars fan and I personally think I speak on behalf of most people when I say that. They put all the attention into the force powers and made the lightsaber stuff very sloppy in my opinion. Hopefully future games can take notice of what I've just said. Then maybe I'll actually buy a Star Wars game.

picked it up today for PSP, i'm playing it and reading the novel at the same time, the new canon is nice so far and i already had one WTF moment just during the beginig where you play as Vader... it controls fairly well but sadly is victim of Evil Camera Syndrome which can make some of the platform jumping elements a bit of a pain... despite these few flaws though the game is fun and entertaining so far and i lost 3 hours playing, where did they go, oh i remember they went to hunt Jedi...

I picked it up yesterday, for 360. Haven't started it yet though. Finishing up another game today.
    And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.

I played the demo just now. It's not bad. Force blasting through doors is satisfying. :P I can't see myself buying it, but I might give it a rental.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As soon as I get paid, this game is mine. It's the only game on 360 so far that I will pay full price for. I can't wait to start torturing people.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I've only seen a video of it... am I the only person who hates the way the main character holds his lightsaber?

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

i'm not sure of which video you speak of but he holds it like any other Jedi/Sith, i haven't seen him hold it ingame like he does in the cover art yet... actualy i would prefer it because it would show another lightsaber weilding dicipline we haven't seen yet... though Starkiller is more into using his powers over his saber...

I like the way he holds his lightsaber I think it's cute. I will rent this game eventually, but I must admit mediocre reviews deterred me a bit. I know, I pay attention to reviews, I suck! But they are saying even at 9 hours it's repetitive and you want it to end, not to mention fairly full of bugs. Oh well. I did enjoy the demo well enough. Now if only he would dry-cough-cackle while shocking things like the Emperor.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Jedi Knight 2 STILL plays better than this imo (I tried it at a friends house).
    Ive never been a star wars fan, so it doesnt appeal to me.

Blog Entries

Battlefront remains the greatest Star Wars game known the man.

there was a picture here

It looks like the reviews are saying that the game has a much better story than gameplay. So if you are mostly just interested in the story it should be a good deal for you. While at the same time if you are more interested in the gameplay you might want to look elsewhere.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Never really been into the wide-realm of Starwars.

Especially since Yoda appeared in SCIV and put me right off it.

Banned

I beat it. And tbh, I'm satisfied. It was thrilling. I pulled a Star Destroyer out of smurfing orbit. That's bad-ass. And the plot does a fantastic job filling the gap between episodes III and IV. The game play is good. Its not OMFG AMAZING, but its not mediocre either. I always wonder if reviewers ever strung together some combos, or spammed Sith Smash the entire game. I prolly won't play it again for quite some time (once I max my character), but it was a blast while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAsh View Post
    I've only seen a video of it... am I the only person who hates the way the main character holds his lightsaber?
    I think the developers wanted the character to seem cool so they made him hold his lightsaber backwards. Its retarded.