Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How modern gaming has made us into wimpy gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Their are strong exceptions to this rule but I feel its obvious that the Big 3 only care about our money.

Well, that's how we support the industry. I don't agree with most of the things you've said. I think that games already appeal to everyone, there's the Wii for the noobs and those who just want to have fun at an affordable price. Then there's the PS3 and Xbox 360 for the hardcore gamers. And I'm really impressed with the line up of games coming out on all consoles. So, there's really no valid reason to complain.

The problem isn't that newer games aren't fun, it's that very few of them are challenging.

Also, the two hardest games I've played this generation were Wii games. (Granted, one of them is multiplatform.)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nice View Post
    Well, that's how we support the industry. I don't agree with most of the things you've said. I think that games already appeal to everyone, there's the Wii for the noobs and those who just want to have fun at an affordable price. Then there's the PS3 and Xbox 360 for the hardcore gamers. And I'm really impressed with the line up of games coming out on all consoles. So, there's really no valid reason to complain.
    I disagree. I want the Wii to be more than a collection of WiiSports clones and cater more towards serious gamers. I don't consider the other two systems to be "hardcore". The 360 is the X-Box 2.5 and the PS3 is a paper weight. The PS3 had one game I was excited about and that was MGS4, I finally played it and though it was a good game, I can safely say I can live with the thought of never playing it again and being happy that I didn't buy a PS3 just to play it. The 360 does have the largest library of games that interest me right now but none of them I feel look so damn awesome that I feel the need to buy the system. I can safely say I could ignore this generation and probably live on cause the only games I care about are coming onto last-gen hardware like the PS2 and the DS. Hell even the PSP is starting to look like a better purchase than the current gen.

I just feel that lately, games have gotten significantly easy on all platforms and it disturbing me. I love story in my games but not if it means I have to sacrifice gameplay so little Timmy can reap the full benifit of his purchase without putting any effort of thought into it. It may seem fair to those who only care about the cinematic side of things but how is that fair to those of us who like to solve puzzle and seek challenges in our games? Sure we can create our own challenges but then why should I pay $60+ dollars for a product that doesn't satisfy me? I just want a happy medium and I feel the industry is kinda screwing gamers like myself cause the new majority is the ultra casual crowd who are afraid of putting effort into things. The industry fulfills their need cause thats where the money is.

The Xbox 360 is more likely to end up as a paperweight than the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

This is very true.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    In my case that's certainly true! Because I actually own a 360 to use as a paperweight.

I just thought of a challenging game that is challenging in all the right ways: skate.

Blog Entries

I used to be better at games when I was like 10 years old. Never really realised why until now.

I'm a pansy. =]