Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barefoot At Friend's House?

Default Barefoot At Friend's House?

What do your friends think about you going barefoot in their house? I go barefoot quite a lot, and when I stayed over my friend's house for the week, he would keep looking at my feet whenever I was barefoot. I thought he might not like me going barefoot, even though he was barefoot sometimes. Later in the week, I ran out of socks. So I had to go barefoot. We had some friends coming over, so I asked what I should do about my lack of socks. Funnily enough, he said that I should just go barefoot, and I spent the next few days barefoot. So I guess he's cool with it now. Anyone here go barefoot at their friend's house? What do they make of it?

It depends on how long I'll be there, really. If I'm just stopping by, I keep my shoes on. If I'll be around a while, I take my shoes off because it's courteous. If I'm spending the night, of course I'll end up barefoot at sometime.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

the first thing I do anywhere is kick off my shoes if I'm going to be there for any time

Okay. Let me just clear somthing up. Here in the UK, you have to take your shoes off most of the time. But, I'm talking about shoes AND socks! That's why I said "barefoot".

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I... don't think any EoFFer who's read my LJ will be walking barefoot in my house.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friends make fun of me all the time because I pretty much never take my shoes off. I have even, on occasion, slept with my shoes on. I know, there is no hope for me.
    --Box Box Box Box

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't wear socks. :o

So if I take off my flip flops, then I'm automatically barefoot. People don't usually care, but if it's cold they'll offer indoor slippers to wear. My house has wood and marble floors so we have a stock pile of slippers for guests to wear when they come over.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I... don't think any EoFFer who's read my LJ will be walking barefoot in my house.
    Foot baby!

I go barefoot anywhere. Nothing like people staring at you hobbit feet when you go to a supermarket.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tama2 View Post
    I go barefoot anywhere. Nothing like people staring at you hobbit feet when you go to a supermarket.
    No shirt, no shoes, no service!!

Blog Entries

I don't wear shoes when I go pretty much anywhere, except when they're absolutely necessary.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

i figure it that the bottoms of my feet are cleaner than the bottoms of my shoes.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The only time I am ever barefoot is if I'm in the shower or I'm sleeping. I wear shoes year-round, so I'm always wearing socks. I can't stand wearing sandals.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

My best friend Tim who grew up in the boonies of the boonies of Oklahoma was at my parents house back in high school watching some movies with me in my room in the middle of summer and it was hot as hell, so he stripped down to everything but his boxers and his shoes without even think twice...was kind of weird but I just shrugged it off. Then he walked out of my room through the living room where my parents were to go to the bathroom like that. That was awkward as hell the next day.

Still, he was polite enough to keep his shoes on.
    I like Kung-Fu.

lol. the only time its acceptable to sleep in your shoes is if youre in a bunker and you have 45 seconds to get out of bed, make bed, get shoes on, grab canteen (and possibly a guideon from the back of the room) and run out the door for pt. in which case, you want the covers wrapped around your feet so the drill sergeant dont yell at you tee hee.

ummmm i hate socks. im almost always barefoot, and i have some old plantars warts to prove it.
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    ... hahsdfhhahshafhahahahahahdhhahAHSHSDHDH i forgot about that oh my god lev.

I feel a little weird if I'm in their house, but I don't care if they do it in my house.