Thread: 3 Days Of Concerts Too Much? Sure Is!

Default 3 Days Of Concerts Too Much? Sure Is!

Yeah. So, I just got back from the first night, sitting (Or rather standing) through a set of 12 Stones, Saving Abel, Shinedown, and Buckcherry. Here's a picture I took with my phone:

Sorry for the skullzy quality. People get robbed at this thing every year and I wasn't going to bring my $100 camera.

Of course, if those bands weren't your cup of tea, they also had two other stages with two different sets of bands. All in the park.

Then, I go back again tomorrow, and I'll be running back and forth between two stages. But not quite like Sunday night, when Hinder and Three Dog Night play opposite each other and I have to run through the crowd many times during the same set because I want to hear both.

I swear, there were more people there tonight than live in our metro area. There must be people from all over the state and surrounding states. There were a half a million alone at the stage where I was. We only have 800,000 people, so in order for my statement not to be true, they would have to have less than 300,000 at the other two stages combined.

I must be getting old because my ears can't handle five hours of straight rock concert anymore.

Anyway, topic is concerts. This one, or any you'd been to recently. Describe your experience.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The last time I went to one was a long time ago....2 years ago, for my birthday, I saw the Deftones. For some reason, I brought my brother and my dad (I suppose because I had brought my friend to another concert before, and the whole time she had her ears covered and made us leave early so I wasn't gonna do that again) and before it was even halfway through both of them went to go outside, and then never came back in. :P

I smurfing loved it though, even though my ears were ringing for a couple of days. They played my favourite song like I hoped they would, RX Queen, so it was the greatest moment ever. Love the Deftones

I just wish I had friends that would go with me and have at least a decent time. >=(
    --Box Box Box Box

I go to gigs at the local metal bar called Valve and I'm playing there in a month (most exciting)

THe majority of good music in WEllington is drum and bass and while i respect the music and the artists it takes expensive drugs to get me into it.

so i see a lot of sweet sweet local guitar bands and a faith no more tribute band that play a lot and are pretty good.
    :mario::luigi:

Default Day Two

I got another skullzy phone picture for you. This one is of Sister Hazel:

Funny how all those people are taking pictures, huh? I really don't like being the douche who takes pictures at a concert.

Tonight we showed up a couple acts late due to the fact that there weren't that many good acts during daylight. A band called Hightide Blues were playing on one stage when we got there, so we watched it. It was pretty good. After that, I ran over to see Sister Hazel on one stage while my brother watched Tantric. That was a choice I had to make. I wish they weren't playing opposite each other as I wanted to see both. Then, we met up and went back to the first stage to see The Presidents Of The United States Of America. You know, the fans don't seem to realize they're a comedy band. They were taking the music way too seriously. Seriously, their biggest influence and one of their best friends is "Weird Al" Yankovic. He even directed their latest video. After that, we had a choice among Gretchen Wilson, .38 Special, and T-Pain. We tried .38 Special first, but I didn't care for them, so we went over to T-Pain who was losing crowd members fast. I think he had three songs and he was trying to fill out the whole hour with a whole bunch of crap in between. At some point he said our city gave him the best crowd reaction to which my brother replied, "I feel sorry for you, then."

So, then I sat on the hill across the lake from Gretchen Wilson. At that distance, I could relax to it which is what I needed at the end of the night.

So, yeah. One more night, but the only good bands playing tomorrow night are Three Dog Night and Hinder and they play opposite each other.

EDIT: At the stage of which I took a picture last night, they have added signs on either side which read, "Moshing Is Strictly Prohibited."

Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary.Com
    mosh /mɒʃ/ –verb (used without object) Slang. to engage in a form of frenzied, violent dancing; slam-dance.
    So, I guess they just want us to stand there and stare at the band with a blank look on our faces. What kind of fun is that?
    Last edited by The Ceej; 09-28-2008 at 06:36 AM.

I love festivals that go on for a few days. I once went to a "Falls Festival" which is just this huge park near the beach where you camp out and they have around 2 mini-stages and a main stage.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I didn't go back tonight. I wanted to see Hinder, but my brother's hurt and that would be too much of a hinder for him, so I tried to get some of my friends to come, but you know friends. Ah... They start in five minutes and I couldn't even get there in time if I wanted to go by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Then, we met up and went back to the first stage to see The Presidents Of The United States Of America. You know, the fans don't seem to realize they're a comedy band. They were taking the music way too seriously. Seriously, their biggest influence and one of their best friends is "Weird Al" Yankovic.
    Oh my god I love that band. If I ever see that they're in concert, I'm going.

So, I guess they just want us to stand there and stare at the band with a blank look on our faces. What kind of fun is that?
    Venues can be held responsible for any damage done or deaths that occur to anyone within the grounds or building. It's called covering their own asses. Find another way to enjoy music while acting like a complete and utter fool.

I haven't ever been to a concert (don't bother with the retort, Ceej, I know it already) because I do not enjoy loud deafening sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    [Venues can be held responsible for any damage done or deaths that occur to anyone within the grounds or building. It's called covering their own asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Back Of The Ticket
    You assume all risks occurring before, during, and after event, including injury by any cause. You release management, facility, league, participants, clubs, Ticketmaster, and their respective affiliates from any related claims.

I haven't ever been to a concert (don't bother with the retort, Ceej, I know it already) because I do not enjoy loud deafening sounds.
    Mind enlightening me with what I was going to say in response to this? I have no idea which must mean you know me better than I do.

[Venues can be held responsible for any damage done or deaths that occur to anyone within the grounds or building. It's called covering their own asses.
    You assume all risks occurring before, during, and after event, including injury by any cause. You release management, facility, league, participants, clubs, Ticketmaster, and their respective affiliates from any related claims.
    Those are easy to get around even if the lawyer representing you is an alcoholic imbecile.

Mind enlightening me with what I was going to say in response to this? I have no idea which must mean you know me better than I do.
    I expected either the innocence card or you to speak about my inexperience with the concert crowd. Glad you chose the former, it was a wise move.

Those are easy to get around even if the lawyer representing you is an alcoholic imbecile.
    You're right though. A waiver is only a mild inconvenience for a lawyer.

I expected either the innocence card or you to speak about my inexperience with the concert crowd. Glad you chose the former, it was a wise move.
    I, honestly, would not have even replied at all if you hadn't mentioned my name specifically. Who am I to accuse you of this inexperience of which you speak? Surely, you know what you like more than I do. I can't read your mind, nor do I know of your experiences in life. I like concerts. I can say that about me. I can't say anything about you as I hardly even know you. So choosing this "innocence card" of which you speak was not what I did. I, honestly, didn't know why you were singling me out in your post.

You're right though. A waiver is only a mild inconvenience for a lawyer.
    Pretty much, actually.

I, honestly, would not have even replied at all if you hadn't mentioned my name specifically. Who am I to accuse you of this inexperience of which you speak? Surely, you know what you like more than I do. I can't read your mind, nor do I know of your experiences in life. I like concerts. I can say that about me. I can't say anything about you as I hardly even know you. So choosing this "innocence card" of which you speak was not what I did. I, honestly, didn't know why you were singling me out in your post.
    It was more about my opinion on moshing rather than my opinion on concerts themselves. Sorry I confused you.

Well, I'm white, so of course that means I can't dance worth a damn, so to attempt to mosh, I might cause an accident. So, I typically just move to the music a row or two behind the mosh pit.

And sometimes, I sing along. But what I hate is when the band tells me to sing in place of them. I usually yell back, "Isn't that what I'm paying you to do?"

EDIT:

I do remember a time I was moshing at a concert and the security came up to me and said:

Security: Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to have a seat.
    Ceej: But I'm just enjoying the music.
    Securtiy: Sir, you're disturbing the people behind you.
    Ceej: Maybe, they need to get into the music as well.
    Security: Sir, the entire string section has stopped playing because you're distracting the orchestra. If you don't have a seat, I'm going to have to remove you.
    Last edited by The Ceej; 09-29-2008 at 08:46 AM.