Thread: Help in getting magic and other things

Default Help in getting magic and other things

I'd like to know where to draw a lot of magic or what are the items to refine magic and and can i beat Ultimecia with just Squall beefed up by the Junctions? Only Squall has 7000 HP but the rest except Strenght, sucks. By the way do I need Bahamut and Eden, i mean for damage not for abilities. Thanks in Advance

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

There are many ways to get good magic spells. Check out Item/Magic FAQ (part III) by Cidolfas at GameFAQs for a good list.

I haven't tried beating Ultimecia with Squall only, but I don't think it will be very hard if you're junctioned right, which means you should definitely get some good magic to equip him with if you're going to attempt it.

You will not need any GFs for their damage if you have a decent strength stat and some Aura spells (which make it possible to get Limit Breaks even at high health).

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Magic Refining - Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes on Final Fantasy - FF8

Maps - Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes on Final Fantasy - FF8 (Includes all the draw points on the world map, especially the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell.)

The only GF's you ever really need to use in battle are Diablos, Doomtrain, and Cerberus, and after the first form of Ultimecia's is defeated, you won't be using any GF's, since they tend to get killed easily.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Spatvark View Post
    Magic Refining - Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes on Final Fantasy - FF8

Maps - Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes on Final Fantasy - FF8 (Includes all the draw points on the world map, especially the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell.)

The only GF's you ever really need to use in battle are Diablos, Doomtrain, and Cerberus, and after the first form of Ultimecia's is defeated, you won't be using any GF's, since they tend to get killed easily.
    WOW Thank you very much

Edit: By the way are the Close Isles THAT useful as i am seeing in the maps? wow, i went there and i didn't saw any draw points just my butt getting kicked by the monsters there.
    Last edited by Bolt10; 09-27-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

World Map draw points are hidden from view, so equip Diablos' Enc-None ability, and keep hitting O as you run around the islands, and you'll come across tons of draw points.

How much time do draw points take to regenerate? A trip between one and other?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not quite, I believe. I think it needs like, maybe ten minutes or so to regenerate? But don't quote me on that, I'm really not certain.

Thanks and by the way how do you obtain the LionHeart? I only have the Flame Saber

Andhow do you open Johnny's shop?
    Last edited by Bolt10; 09-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Here's what I know.

The Island Closest to Heaven and the Island Closest to Hell are AMAZING. Learn the Enc-None ability with Diablos and the Move-Find ability with Siren, then draw a whole bunch of Ultimas, Quakes, Tornados, Flares, Holys, Meteors, and Full-Lifes at the two islands.

Also, draw points regenerate gradually with every step you take. Walk around to restore them.

I wouldn't reccomend fighting Ultimecia with just Squall unless you're going for a solo-game, because Griever has Doom (which can't be countered), and because her last form can use Hell's Judgment, and she can easily kill one character that way.

Junction 100 Meteors to HP and you'll never have to worry about HP again. Also, get strong junctions on spirit, because Shockwave Pulsar can kill an uprepared party in 1 move.

Bolt, I beat the WHOLE game with just the flame saber. If you cast Meltdown on Ultimecia, the flame saber will do good damage in Renzokuken. I don't know about the specific shops, but the Doomtrain GF has a Junk Shop ability to open a junk shop at will. That's if you need one. If you're on disc 4, getting the Lionheart will be almost impossible, but you can always settle for the second-best weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SABR View Post
    Here's what I know.

The Island Closest to Heaven and the Island Closest to Hell are AMAZING. Learn the Enc-None ability with Diablos and the Move-Find ability with Siren, then draw a whole bunch of Ultimas, Quakes, Tornados, Flares, Holys, Meteors, and Full-Lifes at the two islands.

Also, draw points regenerate gradually with every step you take. Walk around to restore them.

I wouldn't reccomend fighting Ultimecia with just Squall unless you're going for a solo-game, because Griever has Doom (which can't be countered), and because her last form can use Hell's Judgment, and she can easily kill one character that way.

Junction 100 Meteors to HP and you'll never have to worry about HP again. Also, get strong junctions on spirit, because Shockwave Pulsar can kill an uprepared party in 1 move.

Bolt, I beat the WHOLE game with just the flame saber. If you cast Meltdown on Ultimecia, the flame saber will do good damage in Renzokuken. I don't know about the specific shops, but the Doomtrain GF has a Junk Shop ability to open a junk shop at will. That's if you need one. If you're on disc 4, getting the Lionheart will be almost impossible, but you can always settle for the second-best weapon.
    I think i am on disc 3, my copy isn't that "legal", i just came from the space with ragnarok and i think i need to go to Esthar, by the way what's on Dic 4? And Yes i have been picking up the spells for about 2 or so hours, almost everyone has the spells maxed from the isles except for quake and tornado, but i think those aren't really important. What do you need to make the LionHeart? Thanks a bunch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt10 View Post
    I think i am on disc 3, my copy isn't that "legal", i just came from the space with ragnarok and i think i need to go to Esthar, by the way what's on Dic 4? And Yes i have been picking up the spells for about 2 or so hours, almost everyone has the spells maxed from the isles except for quake and tornado, but i think those aren't really important. What do you need to make the LionHeart? Thanks a bunch.
    LOL @ the bit I've emboldened. xD

On Disc 4, almost all towns are locked off and you cannot access them. If you have any loose ends to tie up regarding side quests etc., I'd do them while you are on Disc 3.

From the sounds of it, you've missed the Weapons Monthly magazine which tells you what you need for LionHeart and most other best weapons.

But for LionHeart, I believe you need:
    1 Adamantine
    4 Dragon Fangs
    12 Pulse Ammo

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

To open Johnny's Shop in Esthar you just have to try over and over again until it opens. It usually takes me around 20 tries. When you have opened it once, though, you can access it at any time through GF Tonberry's Call Shop ability—if you have it—where it will show up as "Esthar Shop!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt10 View Post
    If you go to Esthar, then talk to this one guy who turns into a big flying thing, and kill it, then repeat enough times, I believe you'll get Pulse Ammos, or something you can refine into them. Quake and Tornado aren't 100% necessary, but they're strong spells to junction.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can go outside at the start of disc 4 to finish up whatever you want to do, but once you go to fight Adel, you're past the point-of-no-return. Everything is closed off except the first floor of Deep Sea Research Center, the Centra Ruins, Tears' Point, and some dungeons. No cities or towns.

Thanks to all of you but i have beaten it last Sunday. And now i am playing final fantasy IX for the first time and i have got Ramuh