Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happened To Seifer?

Balamb Disciplinary Committe... becomes the Twilight Town's Truancy Officers?

I did think that Seifer was a jerk, but I also believed he had hidden potential that we never privy to.

Hey, I saw an episode of wife-swap where the mother took the overzealous wrestling jockey and turned him into a punk rocker with slight resemblance to Roxas.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally have no issues with Seifer. I feel Setzer was more out of character than he was. I never cared for Rai an Fuu so I can't say I'm bothered if they were made more annoying than usual.

Tbh, outside of injecting Cloud and Squall with emo (Depeche Mode albums liquefied) I can't say I've been bothered too much by KH's version of characters. Hell I think Yuffie and Yuna are far more interesting and much less obnoxious than their true selves. I still dislike Aerith and Cid's english VA's though...

The only KH characters that bugged me in KH were Aerith, mostly because of her English VA and Cloud because of his wangsty personality from AC.

On another note, Squall actually seemed a lot less emo to me in KH than in FFVIII (the beginning of VIII, at least, never got too far in VIII)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Why did they make a cool character look like a total joke?
    I've also watched some vids on YouTube and his voice-actor isn't even that good.

So...why did they decide to ruin a great character?
    It really stinks...

Differences Between the Two and Non-Continuity

Okay, let's start out with the fact that the Seifer in KH is just a bully and an idiot, while the actual Seifer is the opposite. He doesn't fight to beat people up or make himself feel more macho, he fights to put people in their place and to make things right. And it seems as if the KH crew just completely ignored that Seifer was arguably as smart as QUISTIS.

Now we move on to game play. THERE IS NO WAY SEIFER WOULD US A STYROFOAM PLAY SWORD!!! He is an excellent fighter, so if they were thinking to make him your very first enemy, there were idiots. The entire point of Seifer's fighting is that is relies mostly on magic and summons, but if he fights with his gun, he's as good as Squall. So in other words, if Roxas did get into a fight with him, he'd probably get killed, let alone beaten up.

And when it comes to continuity, what the hell, just what. the. hell. If Leon is the age he is, shouldn't Seifer be the same? I mean, they DID come from the same planet, didn't they? This goes for Selphie and the others too. Either make them all Leon's age, or make them all young. Whatever you do, just make SENSE. While I'm at it, if they were going to put in Seifer and Squall, why didn't they put in Irvine?! He's the closest to both of them, and would've been so fun to fight along side with...

And also, why the hell would Seifer wear a belly button shirt?? He leaves that to the ladies, thank you.
    Wherever Light is, Shadow Will Follow.

[A Shadow Hearts/Final Fantasy VII Crossover]

[Thanks Frequency NecroKat!]

It's not the outfit that bugs me, more the hand gesture.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I guess it's better he looks like Eminem than Rick Astley

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie BluJay View Post
    And when it comes to continuity, what the hell, just what. the. hell. If Leon is the age he is, shouldn't Seifer be the same? I mean, they DID come from the same planet, didn't they? This goes for Selphie and the others too. Either make them all Leon's age, or make them all young. Whatever you do, just make SENSE. While I'm at it, if they were going to put in Seifer and Squall, why didn't they put in Irvine?! He's the closest to both of them, and would've been so fun to fight along side with...
    I have a theory for this. The thing is, KH Squall and KH Seifer did actually duke it out in battle. Since Squall lost to an annoying kid (who is probably 10 years younger), he was forced to change his name to Leon to avoid humiliation.

Oh, and all of the crap in Kingdom Hearts isn't canon, so why should it matter if it made sense. You're probably better off asking why Tidus is screwing a fairy a third his size.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

...and when he's probably not even older than twelve!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I never cared about Seifer anyways, Fujin and Raijin > Rinoa's Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I still dislike Aerith and Cid's english VA's though...
    They made Cid sound like an old man, when he's supposed to be only thirty-something. His voice made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I still dislike Aerith and Cid's english VA's though...
    They made Cid sound like an old man, when he's supposed to be only thirty-something. His voice made me cry.
    Do you still cry over it now?

Yes. It's the great tragedy of my life.