Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by IronOcean View Post
    not to sound like a noob but i am ha what exactly does the warn button do?
    When you warn a post, it links to a window where you can enter some text about why you are warning the post: spamming, flaming, advertising, etc... Then when you submit that page an email is sent to all of the moderators for them to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    I used to use the warn button, but ever since people ganged up on me, and I decided to fight back, and then Rubah called me out, I've decided the warn button is a thing of the past for me. Now, I'll just either fight back or ignore it. Depends on what the situation warrants.

By the way, that's just Rubah's interpretation of what I did. I used the warn button the way they recommend.
    No Ceej, rubah called you out because after warning several members in the $200 million thread, you continued to flame, instigate and argue, rather than let a moderator take care of things. What you did is like having some kid at school walk up and and punch you, then you go to the teacher and tell them that you were punched, but rather than leave it alone, you walk back to the kid, pick a fight, then try to claim innocence when the teacher comes over and sees you two wrestling on the ground.

<b>In the future, <i>and this goes for several members on this board</i>, if you warn a post, don't post a follow-up yourself on the issue(s). This means if you warn someone(s) for flamming and harassment, don't flame or harass in turn. If you warn a spam thread, don't spam in it after you've warned it. If you warn an advertisement thread, don't post in the thread about it being an advertisement thread.</b> You're all big kids and this shouldn't be that hard to follow. Act with some maturity and respect for each other.
    Figaro Castle

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Although it was technically hero who called him out. Just saying.

I only use the warn button when I feel like a threads gotten out of hand enough to get closed, and I also only use it in EoEo.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd rather just PM a mod that is online.

Smarter, imo.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't tend to warn posts. Can't remember if I have in the past, probably have done, but on a number of occasions I've seen a warn-worthy post seconds before or after a mod has anyway and so me warning wouldn't achieve much.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FM gots my back 'cause he knows what's goin' on.

I used to use the warn button all the time. Sometimes to warn a messege, sometimes to send Levian poems and sometimes to send ShlupQuack love notes.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Why use the New Topic button?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    No Ceej, rubah called you out because after warning several members in the $200 million thread, you continued to flame, instigate and argue, rather than let a moderator take care of things. What you did is like having some kid at school walk up and and punch you, then you go to the teacher and tell them that you were punched, but rather than leave it alone, you walk back to the kid, pick a fight, then try to claim innocence when the teacher comes over and sees you two wrestling on the ground.
    I was warning because I trusted the mods would take care of it. When I saw that their attempt to do so was pathetic and people continued to flame me, including mods, I decided it was best for me to defend myself. I have a better analogy for you:

That's like if someone robs your house, so you call the police. You know who robbed your house, but the police refuse to do anything about it, and in the process, imply that maybe you should have put better locks on your doors so this thing might not have happened, but refuse to arrest the people that robbed your house. So, you go and punch the people that robbed your house. You know. Take matters into your own hands where the police refuse to do so.

That's what I did. I punched the people who robbed my house, and if the police got punched too in the process, so be it. However, in the future, I'm not calling the police.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I like to use it 'cause it's shaped like a lightning bolt. BZZZT.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I was warning because I trusted the mods would take care of it. When I saw that their attempt to do so was pathetic and people continued to flame me, including mods, I decided it was best for me to defend myself. I have a better analogy for you:

That's like if someone robs your house, so you call the police. You know who robbed your house, but the police refuse to do anything about it, and in the process, imply that maybe you should have put better locks on your doors so this thing might not have happened, but refuse to arrest the people that robbed your house. So, you go and punch the people that robbed your house. You know. Take matters into your own hands where the police refuse to do so.

That's what I did. I punched the people who robbed my house, and if the police got punched too in the process, so be it. However, in the future, I'm not calling the police.
    How the police, a.k.a. CKs, handle the situation is completely up to the forum staff. If you don't like how it is/was handled, create a thread in private feedback stating so and how you feel it should be resolved. Just because an issue wasn't resolved to your liking doesn't give you the right to "take the law into your own hands" and try to give out the resolution or judgment you deem is fair.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Why use the New Topic button?
    Why be a moderator at Eyes on Final Fantasy?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

My parents said I had to get a job or else I had to move out. They're really proud of me for doing this, you know.

I didn't know your parents had such low standards.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    My parents said I had to get a job or else I had to move out. They're really proud of me for doing this, you know.
    So am I Psy. So am I.
    Figaro Castle

That's not rubah. :P