Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the closest thing to a remake lol

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Dancing Chocobo This is the closest thing to a remake lol

I always wanted to try the pc version of this game. And after I bought it their was a bunch of bugs people had to deal with playing on XP.

After all that was done, and it played smooth. Their was a bunch of customizing that can be done to the pc version.

In the version im playing, all the NPC are upgraded with better models.

And the menus have the advent children portraits instead.

ANd being able to change the music rocks!!!

Blog Entries

Default I like the party pics

thats some funny stuff. When I seen the first pic I laughed
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

great pics!
    i heard somewhere that the characters were too big sometimes, and that it made odd scenes. how was the playability?

didnt like the advent children pics, that may be since i despise the movie....

i love AC but using AC pics in Metoerfall seems dumb to me it's out of continuity and doesn't match the rest of the game's aesthetics at all, also from the videos i've seen there's certain times where the model replacememnts get all glitchy during important scenes because the replacement models were not built on the same skeleton as the originals and therefore don't fit or move very well so i never tried to mod my PC Version of VII... as much as i'd like a remake a subpar hack won't hold me it would only irritate me...

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I definitely prefer the original menu pictures, but the model upgrade actually seems pretty decent. Nice pictures

Cool models, but the pictures...why?
    Hmm i just noticed Jesse, nice...
    Last edited by Pencoin/Choas; 09-29-2008 at 08:24 PM.
    Call me Pencoin and I will kill. Call me Choas and I will be killed. Call me both and your .

Quote Originally Posted by squiike View Post
    great pics!
    i heard somewhere that the characters were too big sometimes, and that it made odd scenes. how was the playability?

didnt like the advent children pics, that may be since i despise the movie....
    Its the same as the psx version, it sucks you have to use the number pad to play it. (until you change that lol)

But the pc version has many tools i never found with the psx version. Such as a SFX extractor. ^_^

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm curious as to where they got the models for biggs, wedge, and jessie.

Fans of the game made many of them from scratch. Even the normal people you meet in the game have higher poly models.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ Wow, that's somethin.

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Blehh. They need to make a real remake, not just some fan-made one. All of the characters look out of place with their fancy graphics on the old school backdrop (not that the original ones didn't ). Square just needs to redo it like they've done to the earlier games.

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

And risk censorship like FF VI Advance? I doubt they will keep the honey bee in or the wall market little mission -_-

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I definitely prefer the original menu pictures, but the model upgrade actually seems pretty decent. Nice pictures :)
    Yeah, I agree on both points. It's pretty nice to be able to see the characters properly on the field as well as in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Emblem776 View Post
    And risk censorship like FF VI Advance? I doubt they will keep the honey bee in or the wall market little mission -_-
    I thought that FFVI-Advance was an improvement over the SNES version in terms of censorship. They changed a few of the slightly mad translations, but I wouldn't say that was necessarily censorship, more tidying up. I thought the Advance version was more liberal.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It looks like a good idea but ... kind of awkward. xD

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    By the way, I read an article on the internet that said that Final Fantasy VII original would be released in August exclusive to the PSN.

It's September and there's no Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation Store. I realized that when I was looking for Mega Man 9. Either your article was wrong or they took it down.
    It'd be nice if the game Hyperion was talking about in the above quote was also upgraded like this. Too bad that article he read was fake.