Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 details...

Default PlayStation 4 details...

Dunno how credible these are, but considering how successful the Wii is, it isn't that far-fetched. Could you imagine if FFXV used this stuff? Like using a Sword-Remote?! Even that doesn't sound far-fetched with all this "no-random-battle" stuff in FFXII and probably XIII as well. I'm actually excited about this for once! We may be FF Fanboys, but with this, we'll be FF Fanboys (and girls) IN SHAPE! LOL

Japanese Version

Translated by Google
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

The Wii is a gimmick. It's exactly the same thing as the Gamecube, but with a wavey stick added. Intelligent people don't eat up gimmicks. That's left for kids and morons. Which would be Nintendo's current target demographic.

There's no way Sony would try to grab that demographic. So, yeah. It is that far-fetched.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    The Wii is a gimmick. It's exactly the same thing as the Gamecube, but with a wavey stick added. Intelligent people don't eat up gimmicks. That's left for kids and morons. Which would be Nintendo's current target demographic.

There's no way Sony would try to grab that demographic. So, yeah. It is that far-fetched.
    I believe the word you're looking for is 'innovation', not 'gimmick'. >_>

I'm not convinced there will be another addition to the PlayStation range, bar another handheld.

Sony would be the last company to go down Nintendo's route. They created the damn Playstation, a console aimed specifically at the hardcore market. They also called the Wii a gimmick so having their next console similar to the Wii would really look bad on their part.

And I don't get what the big deal about all this. The architecture for the PS1 and PS2 was very similar, just improved upon. So when people say that the PS4 is going to be using the cell they all immediately say that Sony are doing a Nintendo. I bet any information anyone has is completely false anyway.

All this talk about the next line of consoles is getting me very depressed. Its too soon to be thinking about this stuff.

Blog Entries

in during 'too early to think about PS4'

The first articles published about the PS3 were merely months after the PS2 was released in Japan. There's nothing to worry about.

there was a picture here

Anyone who thinks Microsoft or Sony aren't going to focus more on casual gamers next generation is delusional.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Anyone who thinks Microsoft or Sony aren't going to focus more on casual gamers next generation is delusional.
    Sadly he's completely right. Unless the Wii causes numerous deaths over the next couple of years, it's Gimmick City for consoles from here on out.

Maybe play a decent Wii game besides Wii Sports or something. There are plenty of games that make great use of the WiiMote without being any more gimmicky than the control stick was in 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Nope. Gimmick is the word I intended to use. I was not at a loss for words, grabbing the first one that popped into my mind. Let's see if anyone else used that word in a statement of which I was unaware before I came up with it:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Sony...also called the Wii a gimmick so having their next console similar to the Wii would really look bad on their part.
    Yeah. I believe we're all in agreement here.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

it might be a gimmick, but it's a FUN gimmick

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Nope. Gimmick is the word I intended to use. I was not at a loss for words, grabbing the first one that popped into my mind. Let's see if anyone else used that word in a statement of which I was unaware before I came up with it:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Sony...also called the Wii a gimmick so having their next console similar to the Wii would really look bad on their part.
    Yeah. I believe we're all in agreement here.
    How so? Dreddz only mentioned that Sony said that. It has no bearing on his opinion, and even if he does agree with you, congratulations, it will be the first time someone has agreed with you. (If anyone takes what I said just there seriously, lighten up, it was a joke. Just saying that now.)

I agree with Rhody on this topic, however. You just haven't played any good games for the Wii yet.

Hard to tell it was a joke. Sorry. I'll laugh next time.

The point I was trying to make is that I said it and Sony said it. That means that Sony's belief in it confirms my original statement that they're not going that route.

And, as far as the Wii goes, I don't have to play it to know it's a gimmick. I don't have an iPhone either. Does that mean I can't call it a gimmick?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hard to tell it was a joke. Sorry. I'll laugh next time.

The point I was trying to make is that I said it and Sony said it. That means that Sony's belief in it confirms my original statement that they're not going that route.

And, as far as the Wii goes, I don't have to play it to know it's a gimmick. I don't have an iPhone either. Does that mean I can't call it a gimmick?
    Well, but of course Sony's going to say negative things about the Wii! That's what competitors do!

I don't know, maybe you're just prejudiced then. (Ironic joke to follow your genre thread)

You say gimmick like it's a bad thing.