Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia F11! Game Over - Del Murdered - Town Wins

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah, it could have gone to qwerty. That's just it, though, isn't it? It didn't. If you're going to latch on to a townie, you may as well say you might vote for them too to make it look like you're less obviously following them.
    Well, part of it was what happened in the last mini-mafia game, but I didn't say it as each mafia game should be played somewhat separately.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Tell that to those people that think I'm about to make a bazillion roleclaims.

That's a bit hard when there's a max of 5 roles.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I did it before. (WW3 mafia, ftw)

The mafia won WW3 mafia. Are you telling us something?

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@DD: It's not something to be proud of. :rolleyes2

Banned
    Blog Entries

No. xD

This thread needs more activity, I'm gonna be going soon, and nobody has posted!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's silly to not look at past performances in games and let it influence your strategy for the current game. We have anonymous acconts in the GC versions of this game to prevent this sort of thing, but in these smaller versions I say anything goes. Yeah every game should be taken on its own but when you have players who have a history of messing stuff up you want to make sure they don't do it again. Case in point ed. In the last small game ed should have been taken out immediately because he wasn't contributing.

DD, you aren't going to do a bunch of weird role claims in this game because there are only 3 roles you can claim. I will say that, unlike ed, so far you seem to be playing wholeheartedly and not acting like a fool. So I will lay off you for that. That's not to say I won't lay off you if I think your posts look like those of a scumbag, and right now I'd say your argument for connection between myself and AK is pretty weak. Also I am having trouble getting over the fact that you said Sage 'didn't feel like scum' when he hadn't even posted yet. That kind of attitude towards inactives is exactly why I always first go after the inactives.

I guess I can see how my votes yesterday were 'safe', but this is how I always play day 1. A mafia in this group isn't going to do a lot to make themselves too suspicious on day 1, and in the end it sort of comes down to a 1/8 educated guess. So might as well hang someone who, if they end up town, wasn't going to help us all that much in the first place. That's how I roll. Maybe it doesn't always lead to a win for the town, but it encourages players to be better, which is also important.

Right now my main suspicion is Levian. As mentioned before he plays really casual and that makes him a dangerous mafia. He sort of takes a back seat and let's the other people fight amongst themselves. In this game he seems to be playing off the Psy vs. Lekana battle, which would leave me to believe they are both townies if he is confirmed as mafia. Or that could be a part of an even more elaborate plan, but I think reading that much into it would unwise at this stage. Was qwerty actually on to him? He mentioned setting 'traps' yet didn't take his vote off Lev once he responded. Was Levian afraid of the other 'traps'? (admitedly qwerty can be full of bs sometimes) I mentioned before that I had some small suspicions for him near the end of day 1. It was mainly based on this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Damned by Psychotic if you do, damned by Lekana if you don't!

Pick ur path, Sagensyg.
    It's like he's setting the table for Sage to go down without actually voting for him, thus avoiding the suspicion and getting a townie out of the way. Also continuing to play off of the Psy-Lekana rivalry, he keeps his friends' focus on each other instead of himself.

The lack of activity in this thread makes me sad. Where is Lekana? Also Lancelot needs to post something more solid. He seems to really be tiptoeing his way along right now.

I'll make my vote now because I don't know if I can get back to this before the day ends. I'm pretty sure it will end before I get home from work but I'll try and make a post later with my views on everyone else in case I end up dead at some point, and I'll update my vote then if necessary.

##Vote: Old Levian

And that's how I spent my lunch break.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Banned
    Blog Entries

You know, surprisingly I actually agree with a lot of that post.

Sir Lancealot, I think maybe you need to be a little more contributive, Del has a valid point with the 'Tiptoeing' thing.
    But, well .... I dunno about Levian, he is definitely being casual, but I don't put him on top of my list. Just becuase he is playing casually may not mean he is mafia, and I don't want another townie dead without lots of evidence, because we are on dodgy ground at the moment.

Banned
    Blog Entries

##Unvote: Del Murder

##vote: Aeriths Knight

Give me some nice deductions, and I'll unvote you.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Psychotic (0) -
    Demon Dude (0) -
    Lekana (0) -
    Levian (0) -
    Del Murder (0) - [Strike]Demon Dude[/Strike]
    Sir Lancealot(0) -
    Aeriths Knight (1) - Demon Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    DD, you aren't going to do a bunch of weird role claims in this game because there are only 3 roles you can claim.
    Del, if you don't give a more adequate explaination for this, you're getting my vote, because, as I read this, as DD can only claim mafia, cop/doc and townie.
    Last edited by Sir Lancealot; 10-06-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Banned
    Blog Entries

What is wrong with that? It's true isn't it?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, Lev was playing up the thing between me and Lekana, and while acting casually at that. I hadn't really noticed that, but yeah, Del is right.

Right now, my vote is still very much up in the air. I can't fully make a decision yet. I want to see Levian's response to what has been said about him, and I want to see something from Lekana too. But if you want to get a grasp of where I stand, Lev, Del and Lancealot are still the ones I am leaning towards now.

As for AK, I can't get a feel for him yet. As I said at the time, I was suspicious of his voting habits yesterday, but he hasn't done much wrong since then.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancealot
    Del, if you don't give a more adequate explaination for this, you're getting my vote, because, as I read this, as DD can only claim mafia, cop/doc and townie.
    oooh, interesting spot. Maybe we're reading too much into this one, but perhaps this is Del's way of letting us know DD is town; ie Del is mafia. Not exactly a smoking gun, of course, but hey, it's all in the details. Something to make a note of!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yes! I am a member of the good team!