Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 616202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Mafia F11! Game Over - Del Murdered - Town Wins

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm gonna go catch a bus. xP
    Seriously, who's still alive? And someone not lazy (unlike myself) please give me the vote counts from previous days?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Why would I PM an icky girl like you?
    Official Votecount:

Levian (2) - qwertyxsora, Sir Lancealot

Sagensyg (2) - Del Murder, Lekana

Demon Dude (1) - Aerith's Knight

Lekana (1) - Psychotic

qwertyxsora (1)- Levian

Not Voting

Sagensyg, Demon Dude

Day 2

Official Votecount

Sir Lancealot (7) - Demon Dude, Aerith's Knight, Levian, Psychotic, Del Murder, Lekana

Levian (1) - Del Murder, Lekana, Sir Lancealot
    Del Murder was too late to switch his vote though. So you can imagine his vote for Levian if you'd like. xD

Blog Entries

Looking at these votecounts, Levian seems in the clear to me.

But this could also be a very very veeeeery clever plot.

It is unlikely, as Levian was almost voted in a tie between him and Lancelot.

I give it an 70% chance of Levian being townie, 30% chance they got together and made a deal on day 2 to vote for each other, so that at least one of them would be in the clear.

Thoughts?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, it's only been two days. Christ, you people post a lot -_- For some reason I thought there had been 3 already. xD (Then again maybe I should read the title)

Are those vote counts in order of who voted first?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why am I not mafia?

Sir Lancealot has voted for me twice before. Not just late Day 2 to save his own skin, but 20 minutes before Day 1 ended, which put me in a shared lead. The voting looked like this before Sir Lancelot placed his vote:

Sagensyg (2) - Del Murder
    Demon Dude (2) - Aerith's Knight
    Lekana (2) - Psychotic
    Levian (1) - , qwertyxsora
    qwertyxsora (1) - Levian
    Sir Lancealot(1) - Nobody

Then he voted for me and put me in a tied three way. And the only reason DD and Sagensyg were ahead of me was because they weren't holding a vote at the time, so they were voting for themselves. This was 20 minutes before the time limit was up. If Sagensyg and DD had showed up within those last 20 minutes and voted for anyone, then I'd be the one on the chopping block. Does it seem likely that Lancealot would sacrifice his mafia buddy so early on when there were two other candidates he could've easily killed instead?

And that's why I'm not mafia!

Picking out the last mafia might be very easy for me now. There are only two people that Lancealot has never voted for throughout this game. One of them is Psychotic and the other is Lekana. I think maybe the simplest solution happens to be the right solution in this case. So my eyes are on Lekana/Joyee, and is also probably where my vote will be.

Blog Entries

Also, if there is a doctor in this game(which I assume is true), I suggest that you start protecting yourself.

Only if it is almost certain someone would be killed(cop roleclaims, for example), would I suggest to protect him.

My reasoning? Simple, there is one mafia left.

That means he would have to kill us down to two persons to win.

Now looking at how many people we have left(5), we have 2, maybe 3 lynches left.

Simply by picking at random and start lynching off people, the odds of us finding him are still (1/5 + 1/3 = 8/15) a little over 40%.

Now I assume everyone here has half a brain(at least!), seeing as we did catch Sir Scumbag last night.

That, with the chance they pick a protected at night, gives us a game we shouldn't lose.

Before you all start shouting: ZOMG, BUT I WANTED TO BE PROTECTED, YOU MUST BE MAFIA!

A doctor protecting himself is literally a bulletproof townie. I wouldn't mind having one of those, certainly with only one mafia left.

Of course, as I said, if someone is really obvious to get lynched, it would be smart to protect that person!

edit: 5 people, not six.
    Last edited by Aerith's Knight; 10-08-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yer, I didn't see your post until after I had posted mine

Blog Entries

So you begin a day with a post explaining why you are not mafia?

Very scummy thing to do, really.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I prettified it.

Day 1
    Levian (2) - qwertyxsora, Sir Lacealot
    Sagensyg - Del Murder, Lekana
    Demon Dude (1) - Aerith's Knight
    Lekana (1) - Psychotic
    qwertysora - Levian
    Not Voting - Sagensyg, Demon Dude

From day 1 alone, I'd say Lev is more clear than the rest of you lot; no reason for mafia to sacrifice so early. Who else is alive? Demon Dude, Del, and AK. Lekana had narrowed it down to Del or AK and I'll be analyzing some shiet or something whenever I catch up enough to. Also I'll have to go skim the thread anyway, because I can't really analyze day 2 as you all bandwagoned on the votes.

Lev honey (the Old Manus thing confused the hell out of me -_-), give Lekana some more credit. If she were mafia with Lance, I'm sure she would have had him stage something. Don't diss my woman.~

Edit: We have 6 people left? I only counted 5 o.o Who's the 6th?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    So you begin a day with a post explaining why you are not mafia?

Very scummy thing to do, really.
    Well, I almost died yesterday, so y'know.

and yeah, we're just 5 Jojeepoo

Blog Entries

Oh my bad, I must've counted Manus and Levian.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Skimmed the thread. Not very carefully, admittingly, but there was a lot. Votes speak louder than words anyway and are always a good place to start.

And yeah, GB didn't have it all in order, but now I think I do.

Day 2
    Sir Lancealot (7) - Aerith's Knight, Demon Dude, Levian, Psychotic, Lekana, Del Murder
    Levian (1) - Sir Lancealot

What does this tell me? I think Lekana's suspicion on AK is a little more unfounded than her other suspicion, which I will get to later. Psy was actually the first to vote Lance, and AK followed Psy. So if I'm not wrong, there were then 2 votes on Lance, putting him in the lead.

Demon Dude then voted for Lance next - bandwagoning mafia? Perhaps, but at this point mafia still could have gotten people to change their mind. Would mafia jump on that bandwagon so quickly? If they were smart, then perhaps. But, honestly I've never actually seen DD play seriously before so I'm a bit lost on that. I'm not sure how Lekana deduced that he isn't a suspect, because I haven't deduced that, but right now my main suspect isn't DD.

I completely agree with her suspicion on Del, though. His previous day posts aside, this is the one that really gets me.

Right now my top suspects are Lekana and Levian.
    Did he just completely miss that Lance was mafia and almost got Lev killed? That's a pretty big point, and Del seems like he'd be a little more perceptive than that. Nothing's changed since yesterday? I think Lance turning out mafia would be a pretty big change. :3 True, Lev could still be mafia - although unlikely in my eyes, but then they would have had to pull off a pretty damn good set up on day 1 and then I'd laugh/cry. I'd say the evidence with Lance turning out mafia points to Lev not being mafia, yet Lev is still one of Del's top suspects.

Someone tell me if I missed something completely obvious and just look stupid now.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Levian actually isn't one of my top suspects. My last post was an attempt at a trap. I wanted to see, if I still suspected Levian, if any one jumped on his case. I don't really suspect Levian at all any more, but for a different reason than what has been put forth today. In retrospect I wish I had seen that before, as it would have changed things.

I made a critical oversight. I failed to notice how Lance voted on day 1 and that he voted Levian before all the tie business. Lance does slip through the cracks after all. I was so sure about Lev being mafia and that their actions were the result of them both being put up against a corner that I let those things slip passed me. Sometimes when I see the evidence in front of me (what the hell did you think you were doing, Lev?), I get so narrow minded that I miss certain details. I have little free time during the week and I don't want to spend it combing through this thread.

My plan was to see if Jojee/Lekana jumped on Lev after my post, as she was quick to do so yesterday. But with the evidence that has been presented it would have been foolish for her to do so at this point. I still think she is the mafia though, but with the replacement it will be harder for her to slip up. I'm sure Lekana really had to leave and that's why she got a replacement, but it is pretty convenient that her past actions can no longer be explained.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I must be the only person in my time zone. Since I can't be around during the day when most of you guys will get back to this I'll post some of my thoughts.

I think Lekana/Jojee is the last mafia. First on Lekana. Yesterday she went after AK. I didn't think her case was very strong. As I have said before AK is an easy target in mafia based on the way he plays. She didn't have much to say towards the rest of us, saying something like 'you guys made most of the points so I don't need to repeat them'. And after one big post about AK I don't think she said much of anything after that. Dodging the issues while the 'Big 3' duked it out. Very convenient for her.

In fact, that's how I would describe her game. Convenient. If Levian is playing casual she is playing convenient. Her vote against Levian after saying very little at all about him was fishy and conveniently timed. At that point him and Lance were well into being neck and neck. And then she comes back from wherever she was to conveniently vote for Lance without saying much about him all day. And what she did say about him can easily be interpreted as staged.

Here's a quote which is an example of something I noticed after going back through the 'overtime' at the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Why i voted Lev, I was short pressed for time and I didn't want to leave and go to class when I hadn't had a vote. Out of the two possible "scum" presented, levy seemed the scummiest. Lance seems more like a lazy mafia player... which he tends to be in a lot of games, if i recall right.
    A couple posts later Psychotic says this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Your vote on Levian is what made me think he could well be town though and what you've said has, so far, only confirmed that. So thanks.
    At this point it looks likely where Psychotic's vote will lie. It is then that she changes her tune and ends up on Lance at the same time Psychotic does.

Psychotic said at the start she was acting weird. Levian voted for her in day 1 to get a rise out of her but with only one vote I wouldn't think that would faze a veteran player such as herself. These are not major points on their own but along with everything else they are worth noting.

Now I will try and say something about Jojee, which is hard with very few posts. Jojee immediately comes in and asks for a recap, including votecounts. Now, I could understand why someone would not want to read through the whole thread, but votecounts are easy enough to find. After that she takes the counts and adds colors to them. It seems to me she is trying her best to 'look helpful' and 'ask the right questions' without actually being helpful. This is a tactic commonly used by mafia, and being a replacement player, was really her best play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee
    Lev honey (the Old Manus thing confused the hell out of me -_-), give Lekana some more credit. If she were mafia with Lance, I'm sure she would have had him stage something. Don't diss my woman.~
    A classic strategy, and one I had considered using if I ever get to be mafia. Basically, it's 'I'm not mafia because I would have played it a different way'. Except, she is cleverly using her partner as the fall guy. Come on guys! Lekana is too smart to allow Lance to act the way he did! Please.

Who knows when I can come back to this thread so I'm going to vote now. Voting always gets things going. Still more than a day left so a lot to be said, but for the next few hours, not by me!

##Vote: Jokana.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's very convenient. Someone calls you out on anything and you can say "It's a trap!" I re-read Day 2 again. I'll go back and re-read Day 1 later, but that usually tends to contain a lot of spam. My conclusion is that Del is still the most likely mafia suspect, partly through process of elimination, which I will get to later. ^_^

I'm not quite buying the trap claim. First, did you really think that either Lekana or myself would ignore all evidence of Lance going after Levian and just agree with you no matter what role we/I have? Once again, people need to give some more credit; I think you acknowledged that Lekana is a good mafia player, and I don't actually think that you'd believe I'd fall into a "trap" like that either. Second,

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Putting the power in Psychotic's hands? Screw that. What are we looking at here? Either Lev and Lance or Lekana and Lance. What's the common denominator in all of this?

##Unvote: Levian
    ##Vote: Sir Lance

Suck on that.
    It seems like you knew he was mafia even before he was lynched. It seems like you were setting yourself up to go for Levian and myself today. You really narrowed it down to a "Lev + Lance" or "Lekana + Lance" team?

Speaking of pre-empting, Del seemed to do a lot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I can't really say her last last minute switch to Lance looks very scumish without looking like a hypocrite.
    Pre-empting that someone will call you out on that? That's okay, I can say it: it does look scummish. Your vote looks more scummish than Lekana's, as yours was a full five minutes after Psy's whereas Lekana's post was a minute after and it looks like it'd take her more than a minute to type that, but y'know what, both are scummy. Lucky me, I know I'm not scum, so I just have to focus on you. Now only if others knew

I didn't read Day 1 carefully yet, but Psy seemed to think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Del Murder is playing it a bit too safe for my liking. Demon Dude and Sagensyg were the safest votes he could have made and he made them. And today he's posted a "whoops guys sorry...but not really, he deserved it!" as an ooc before anybody's even called him out on lynching a townie - a bit eager to defend himself.

Also, Del's vehemently going after Levian should ring a few alarm bells. I don't think his case against Levian was even very good at all, although apparently a lot of people followed it. I could be biased by the new evidence presented upon Lance's death, but from my skimming I really didn't notice Levian pitting Psy and Lekana against each other at all.

Now, why does Del find Lekana suspicious? Well first he says she's been avoiding all the 'major' battles; sure seems to me like she put herself in enough of them. Second, he says it's because Psychotic found her 'weird' but not suspicious. Um, okay, not really a point. Finally, because she made a case against AK all day and then voted for Levian. That one I can actually see, and I can't speak for her 100%, but if you read her posts I'm sure you can deduce her thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Actually AK, While Psy, Del, or Levy work on getting someone to slip up, I'm working on getting people like you to slip up. It's similar to not speed lynch, the more you talk the more you can get slip ups.

Sure I could focus my attention on say Del, but Levy and Paul are already making mention of Del, i'd be rehashing the same ideas. There is no point. If their case IS convincing enough I will agree and follow suit with whatever case seems most logical to me. But at this present moment in time I'm focused on JOO.

I very well may change my vote but as of now it's you.
    I would have baited AK to see if he slipped up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana
    OK my reason why I stopped my AK push. He wasn't doing anything scummy! So I decided to drop that. I didn't want a vote attached to someone if they weren't acting so scummy and could possibly get me killed D: (by connections that is)
    And she decided that her baiting didn't work. I concur with this - AK responded well enough for my liking, and coupled with his vote for Lance yesterday I'm willing to think he's more innocent than not.

Demon Dude: I'm starting to see why Lekana eliminated Demon Dude from her suspect list now. Lance tried to make a case against Demon Dude, he voted for Demon Dude, and Demon Dude did place the technically second vote on Lance. It could be a setup, but I'm sorry to say that I don't give either of them enough credit. (Sorry, DD, maybe you'll prove me wrong ^_^) Not to mention it doesn't make sense for DD to go after Lance if he could have been going after Levy instead.

Del regarding Lance: Del did note that Lance was suspicious on Day 2, despite going for Levian. I'm more inclined to believe that this is a setup over believing that Demon Dude/Lance is a setup, however, because I give Del more credit. Also, it's customary to making passing comments of suspicion on your fellow mafia members when you're mafia but not actually vote on it. Since I don't particularly find AK or DD very suspicious, and since there hasn't been any major confirmable mess-ups in the game, I default to Del, because Del is smart enough to stage it well and because I don't particularly suspect Levian.

Not to mention, some of Lance's comments to Del just seem like he was making up stupid reasons to quote Del. xD That could just be Lance not playing very well, but seriously?

Which brings me to elaborate on what I said earlier in response to Levian regarding Lance not going for Psychotic or myself. First, I don't think Lekana really did anything suspicious. Second, why didn't Lance go for Psy? Possibly because he was afraid that it would bring him even more to Psy's attention and that Psy could make a good case against him. The same could be said about Lekana. Third and again, if Lekana were Lance's mafia partners, I'm sure she would have done better on the interaction aspect with Lance. Even if I didn't know my role, I'd think to give Lekana a little more credit.

Preview Edit: Another post by Del. Re: Jojee: Oh please, we know the votecount was more for myself than for anyone else's benefit. When you come into a game 234890 pages late (and there are a lot of pages), a vote count would be the most compelling evidence. I can see how that would be "trying to look helpful" if that were all I had, but I backed it up with imo good reasons and what they told me. It seems like you're just searching for reasons to incriminate someone again.

Also, Lekana IS too smart for that. Say what you want, we can let the others decide if it's true.

Honestly, I don't mind dying today, as long as you guys take out Del tomorrow. This took me wayy too long to type up and way too long to read. Even more preferably, take out Del today. If he's mafia, which I'm even more inclined to believe he is from the way he's going after me, then yay. If he's not, I'll feel like a giant dummy douchebag anyway so feel free to lynch me. Or better yet, if there's a cop, feel free to investigate the survivor of us tonight should the other one die ^.^

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr