Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia F11! Game Over - Del Murdered - Town Wins

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Nothing at all? You spent what a few seconds looking at it? I know you did cause you were talking to me on MSN, obviously distracted from reading the thread. To me it seems like you're just agreeing with Paul. Everyone knows Paul is the man to follow most games, so why not do it now?

Just cause Paul says someone isn't so scummy doesn't mean you have to follow suit without giving us really any reason for that same claim. Both Paul and Levy said something, they both put forth a reason to believe that way. While you, well you basically say, "Yeah let's not hop on DD. 'Cause hold on I'll get back to you.." "Just cause ya know?"

I dunno. I wasn't thinking you were suspicious before for your inactivity but you have a little suspicion now.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Damned by Psychotic if you do, damned by Lekana if you don't!

Pick ur path, Sagensyg.

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    I can't find any incriminating evidence against someone...
    That's why I voted for you,and now you're here
    ##Unvote:Sagensyg

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Nothing at all? You spent what a few seconds looking at it? I know you did cause you were talking to me on MSN, obviously distracted from reading the thread.

But the thing is, I only found things that would help people not look like scum, which wasn't what I was looking for but anyway, after re-re-skimming, I've found something that stands out to me.

AK said that " Mistakes are not something you can afford in a 9-player game. " Something like this would tell me that you either were someone who would hold your vote for later, or someone who would be terribly against voting for an inactive on Day 1/2.

And then you said,
    Just like you said. In a 24-player game, it can work out to play inactive. But in a game like this, people will notice, like I did, and therefore will get votes for the first day.

If you don't help us, you help them. And by being inactive, you're not helping us.
    But really, you're helping nobody when you vote for an inactive rather than someone who is actually scummy. Am I right?

I can't really think of anyone else and if Sagensyg is replaced when inactive, the vote comes with nearly no thinking.
    I looked at the list and thought, if I had to give a vote without reasoning within this game, who would I pick. Your name came up, I'm afraid.
    That's pretty risky tactics when you said earlier that you can't afford to make mistakes in a small game.

That's just what I came up with. I don't know who to vote for at the moment, but I think AK is behaving supsiciously.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

##Unvote: DD

##Vote: Old Manus

I'm going to take a bath and come back before the day ends. Basically what it boils down to is if you are scum, you are very dangerous, because you do very little to arouse suspicion.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Just cause Paul says someone isn't so scummy doesn't mean you have to follow suit without giving us really any reason for that same claim.
    Yesterday I'm "not that good" and today this? Someone seems a tad desperate to undermine me. I wonder what your motives are.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just like you said. In a 24-player game, it can work out to play inactive. But in a game like this, people will notice, like I did, and therefore will get votes for the first day.

If you don't help us, you help them. And by being inactive, you're not helping us.
    But really, you're helping nobody when you vote for an inactive rather than someone who is actually scummy. Am I right?
    You are forgetting this is day 1. There isn't any basis, any reason at all for voting on day 1, at least in the beginning, because nobody has said much yet, no vote counts to look at, no nothing.

So what do you do? Go for inactive.

I can't really think of anyone else and if Sagensyg is replaced when inactive, the vote comes with nearly no thinking.
    I looked at the list and thought, if I had to give a vote without reasoning within this game, who would I pick. Your name came up, I'm afraid.
    That's pretty risky tactics when you said earlier that you can't afford to make mistakes in a small game.
    Well, it was 28 hours into the first day, and the only inactive(you) became active. So I have 8 equilly scummy people, where one of them has a reputation of ruining games. What would you do?

Not voting is not an option.

That's just what I came up with. I don't know who to vote for at the moment, but I think AK is behaving supsiciously
    In such reasoning I can just as well say: Hmmm, you and Demon Dude are in a standoff, and now you both vote against me. How strange.

You can make everything seems scummy if you put enough effort and quotes into it.

To put it simply, I won't change my vote. I have no other suspisions and to vote you out of pure scorn would be very sad.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Just cause Paul says someone isn't so scummy doesn't mean you have to follow suit without giving us really any reason for that same claim.
    Yesterday I'm "not that good" and today this? Someone seems a tad desperate to undermine me. I wonder what your motives are.
    Earlier I had nothing to go off of. Day one mumbo jumbo. Now things are picking up.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    You are forgetting this is day 1. There isn't any basis, any reason at all for voting on day 1, at least in the beginning, because nobody has said much yet, no vote counts to look at, no nothing.

That's not what most everybody else did.

Well, it was 28 hours into the first day, and the only inactive(you) became active. So I have 8 equilly scummy people, where one of them has a reputation of ruining games. What would you do?
    I would not vote. Until there was a tie breaker. Or at least try and reason with the others, who actually had some pretty good supsicions.

That's just what I came up with. I don't know who to vote for at the moment, but I think AK is behaving supsiciously
    In such reasoning I can just as well say: Hmmm, you and Demon Dude are in a standoff, and now you both vote against me. How strange.
    Hmmm there are 3 other people who voted didn't vote for me and Demon Dude. Maybe I could see which one of those is scummiest rather than take the risk of lynching an inactive.

You can make everything seems scummy if you put enough effort and quotes into it.

To put it simply, I won't change my vote. I have no other suspisions and to vote you out of pure scorn would be very sad.
    You're kind of wrong. I can try to make things seem scummy, but "enough quotes" isn't all of it, or else I would have chosen someone who voted for people other than Me ( for inactivity) or Demon Dude ( for things he did in previous games. )
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The rest joke-voted, is that so much better?

I would not vote. Until there was a tie breaker. Or at least try and reason with the others, who actually had some pretty good supsicions.
    Not vote = +1 vote on you, and an angry host. Only done by weak players or very smart mafia in large games.

Hmmm there are 3 other people who voted didn't vote for me and Demon Dude. Maybe I could see which one of those is scummiest rather than take the risk of lynching an inactive.
    There are no more inactives.

You're kind of wrong. I can try to make things seem scummy, but "enough quotes" isn't all of it, or else I would have chosen someone who voted for people other than Me ( for inactivity) or Demon Dude ( for things he did in previous games. )
    What stumps me, is that others have behaved far more scummy than me, for example: "I vote for ... , because I don't like him/her."

I actually give a reason, and get burned for it. (as usual, I might add)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Unofficial Votecount:
    Levian (2) - Lekana, qwertyxsora
    Sagensyg (1) - Del Murder
    Demon Dude (1) - Aerith's Knight
    Lekana (1) - Psychotic
    qwertyxsora (1) - Levian

Not Voting

Sagensyg, Demon Dude

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

You forgot that I'm not voting.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

oh god no please don't kill me

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The rest joke-voted, is that so much better?

Not vote = +1 vote on you, and an angry host. Only done by weak players or very smart mafia in large games.

There are no more inactives.

What stumps me, is that others have behaved far more scummy than me, for example: "I vote for ... , because I don't like him/her."

I actually give a reason, and get burned for it. (as usual, I might add)
    What I'm trying to point out here is that YOU are the oddball out of everyone else. For the most part at least.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

oops, good thing it's unofficial. XD To be honest you always seem to slip under my radar all the time somehow. I'll have to keep an eye on you

Unofficial Votecount:
    Levian (2) - Lekana, qwertyxsora
    Sagensyg (1) - Del Murder
    Demon Dude (1) - Aerith's Knight
    Lekana (1) - Psychotic
    qwertyxsora (1) - Levian

Not Voting

Sagensyg, Demon Dude, Sir Lancealot.

Also 30 minutes left.