Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games Throughout Our Lives

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    There are way too many "significant" games in my little timeline so I'm not going to do one.
    Yeah, geeze. Maybe I'm just overly sentimental but a ton of games have been significant to me. It'd take way too long to do a write-up like that.
    Same here, but I decided to pick my favorites of my favorites-- or rather, the games that meant the most to me in their respective time periods.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are way too many "significant" games in my little timeline so I'm not going to do one.
    Yeah, geeze. Maybe I'm just overly sentimental but a ton of games have been significant to me. It'd take way too long to do a write-up like that.
    This is my sentiment. It would take me too long to get past Atari 2600, NES, and of course the PC adventure game scene from the 80's and early 90's. By the time I even got to the PS1 generation this thread would be on page 3 or 4... I guess all I will say is that I am very old (I feel it after reading Nominus' post. Mario 64 at 11?! ) and a total nerd who has too many games that are important to me...

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I can't remember if this was truely my first game or not, but I tell everyone it is. I am pretty positive that Skull Man was the first boss I ever beat.

After playing on the NES I (read: My aunt) upgraded to SNes and I played Legend of Zelda for the first time. It's important cause it was one of the first games I completely beat.

Ahh, Sonic 2. It was the first game I bought for my self. I bought it and Genisis at a yard sale. It was awesome. And it was the first game I played long enough to get a head ache.

My first RPG. And being my first RPG and being a hard, hard game and me being little, I didn't get very far.

Pokemon Red. First game I was truely addicted too. It also drained alot of my parents money.

My first foray into 3D. Very fun, also probably the first game I played for over six hours straight. But that was later.

Ultima Online, my first online game. First game I played all night.

Metroid Prime 3. First game my friend banned me from playing. All because I shooted the people caused the turrent to come and broke the turret and made a bigger one come. Didn't break that one.
    Last edited by Vermachtnis; 10-06-2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: EDIT: Posted pic of Pokemon for Phantasy Star 2

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Same here, but I decided to pick my favorites of my favorites-- or rather, the games that meant the most to me in their respective time periods.
    Even so, I've been gaming for like 20 years. xP That's still a lot. I considered limiting myself to three for each console generation and two for each handheld, but that's still over 20 games. :P

My memories are all muddled, so this "timeline" will be too.

Alex Kidd was the first video game I remember. I don't even know how old I was. Probably about three or four.

Final Fantasy VII came out when I was five, and that was when I really started to get into video games.
    It wasn't the first FF I played though. I didn't actually start playing video games until years later. I think my first game was FF4 or FF6.

Then I think it was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time which I played for about 5 minutes in an electronics store, and it made an impression on me. I have no idea when that was.

Dungeon Siege was the first game I ever completed. That was five or six years ago... approximately. As I said, my memories are muddled.

Somewhere along the line I got addicted to the Tekken and Pokemon games, thanks to Tekken 2 and Pokemon Yellow. Note that I'm not addicted to Pokemon anymore.

Deus Ex: Invisible War is special because it just is. Same with Halo. Both are SUPER SPECIAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

I'll try to do that as well. I also have way too many games I could list, but I'll limit it somehow. It's still going to be long, I guess.

Blog Entries

Metroid Prime 3. First game my friend banned me from playing. All because I shooted the people caused the turrent to come and broke the turret and made a bigger one come. Didn't break that one.

If you get to Level 3 on the Turret thingy, everything blows up. They have some serious security systems.

Edit: My goodness, I just quoted somebody by using italics. I've got to stop going to Gamefaqs.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Even so, I've been gaming for like 20 years. xP That's still a lot. I considered limiting myself to three for each console generation and two for each handheld, but that's still over 20 games. :P

Okay, then narrow it down further. You aren't THAT much older than me, and I've been gaming for 15-16 years now. I narrowed my favorites to 10 games, so you should be able to narrow it down to at least 15 or so. Maybe 2 for each console and one for each handheld?
    Last edited by Momiji; 10-06-2008 at 01:51 PM.

I managed to do it and I've been gaming for about 20 years. :P

Blog Entries

Well I've been gaming for 25 years so suck on that

there was a picture here

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well Pacman was based on my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I managed to do it and I've been gaming for about 20 years. :P
    Yeah, but see I'm more hardcore than you. ;o

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, but see I'm more hardcore than you. ;o
    Excuse me for having other hobbies. DAMN IT ENOUGH WITH THE QUOTE PYRAMIDS, THEY'RE MESSING ME UP.

No, it's ok, I'm obviously more hardcore than you, too. :P

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff