Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America is smurfed up.

Default America is smurfed up.

Ok, I was just watching Recount. Its a film about what really happened during the Al Gore vs George Bush election in 2000, and it reveals that America's 'democracy' is actually a farce.

Anyway, its a really good film, and I recommend you watch it. Here's a trailer:

YouTube - RECOUNT Movie Trailer

Recount (film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I guess the only problem with it is that it make your blood boil, knowing how flawed the elections were and that we had to endure Bush because of them.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

lol i agree bu$h sucks, and he caused 911 lols

RON PAUL! WOO!
    lol signature

Blog Entries

resist the nwo guise

there was a picture here

I thought that Recount was a decent film (I've seen it twice) in dramatizing the events that a lot of young people didn't really understand at the time, but you also have to remember that the film was made by Kevin Spacey - Spacey is far from objective.

I think the main thesis of the film was the scene right near the beginning. The Gore camp hired Warren freaking Christopher, and the Bush camp hired James Baker. Their approaches were completely different, and obviously one of those approaches beat the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I guess the only problem with it is that it make your blood boil, knowing how flawed the elections were and that we had to endure Bush because of them.
    And the fact that the director himself said that the movie wasn't 100% accurate or true.

Don't need to watch a boring documentary to know that democracy and elections are a farce.

@Levian: Are you trying to say its a conspiracy theory?

Because its not. The film is mostly factually accurate, and the key points are true.

@Bunny: Its not a documentary, its a dramatization. And these things can never be 100% true. There were things added for dramatic effect, maybe a liberal bias, but the key stuff most experts seem to agree on.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post

RON PAUL! WOO!
    lets cuddle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I thought this forum was General Chat not Old News?
    FOA

Oh, it only just got aired in the UK.

Us Brits are behind the times, I guess...

clicky clicky clicky

Hey I heard we just caught Saddam Hussein in like a little manhole or something.

I thought everyone knew that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post

RON PAUL! WOO!
    ILU.

asdfghjkl;'

I knew it before the film. But the film showed it quite well. I didnt realise there were so many twists and turns.

Oh, and what is this fascination with Ron Paul? I dont get it. In this video he seems rather lame, tbh.

clicky clicky clicky

If you liked that movie, I HIGHLY recommend you watch Postal. Just to push you past the shock of who directed it into actually watching it, it's an Uwe Boll film. Completely discard any preconceived notions about his "film making", and just watch the movie. The opening scene will probably win you over. Think of it as a live-action version of South Park and you'll laugh HARD. I haven't even watched South Park since the movie came out, and I loved this movie. An instant classic IMO.
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If the Supreme Court had gone with Gore we would currently be talking about a movie of how Bush was gipped out of the White House.

How is American democracy a farce? They have measures in place to deal with issues such as those which arose in the 2000 election. Their issue was no bigger than many other countries have faced who are still considered democratic.

Or maybe Kevin Spacey is a retard. That's a strong possibility, too.