10 12.35%
  • No, and I never have.

53 65.43%
  • No, but I did and I have since quit.

18 22.22%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Smoking or Non?

I don't smoke and I never plan to.

the smell alone is enough to keep me away. i also find it wildly unattractive when i see a girl smoking.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nope, and I don't plan to either.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I smoked for a couple of years. I quit on a bet with someone and never started again. I do like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette, but it then goes downhill from there. The smell of someone who has just had a cigarette is gross.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    I'm starting to a lot more now, since going to college, I'm still just a social smoker though. I'm honestly not addicted, as I can easily say I wouldn't go out of my way at all to smoke, if I do it's usually because someone around me is or I'm drunk.
    You don't honestly think that you WON'T get addicted, though? If you social smoke, it's almost guaranteed you're gonna end up a fully-fledged completely addicted smoker.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

never have, and never plan to.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffing Cheese View Post
    I'm starting to a lot more now, since going to college, I'm still just a social smoker though. I'm honestly not addicted, as I can easily say I wouldn't go out of my way at all to smoke, if I do it's usually because someone around me is or I'm drunk.
    You don't honestly think that you WON'T get addicted, though? If you social smoke, it's almost guaranteed you're gonna end up a fully-fledged completely addicted smoker.
    Possibly, if I carry on for a long time I will end up becoming like that, but for the mean time I'm good for saying "no" and do so quite often

Quote Originally Posted by louby_4eva View Post
    Conformity at its best.
    And Im not conforming to fit into any group, I had my first cigarette years ago and have had one or two every now and then ever since, it's not a new thing I've just decided to pick up.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Heh the stories I could tell.

Anyway, smoking for a long time has a positive correlation to a bunch of nasty consequences. I smoke very very infrequently (we're talking about cigarettes and cigars right?) and don't really enjoy it when I do it.

I do sometimes feel like I need a cigarette. It's bizarre for a person not habitually smoking to want to smoke, but meh, I don't bother explaining my whims.

No, and I never have.

I have just tried, but I have never been addicted...

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Nope. Don't plan onto either. Never tried smoking but when I am really stress I want a cigarette. Never understood why. My mom is a smoker but I do not know if she smoked during her pregnancy with me.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffing Cheese View Post
    Possibly, if I carry on for a long time I will end up becoming like that, but for the mean time I'm good for saying "no" and do so quite often

And Im not conforming to fit into a group, I had my first cigarette years ago and have had one or two every now and then ever since, it's not a new thing I've just decided to pick up.
    Just make sure you have a good plan for the future and awareness of the possible dangers, please I don't want Zeldoo to become addicted.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to smoke a few years ago but I was hardly a chain smoker. I quit, cause I love physical activity and I didn't want it to interfere with that. I still enjoy the smell of a lit cigarette and occasionally I will smoke if I'm really angry or stressed out.

I generally don't mind people who do smoke and to be honest, I find anti-smokers to be far more obnoxious and annoying than people who smoke in a public place. Those "Truth" commercials are some of the worst things to ever be broadcast on television. :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I generally don't mind people who do smoke and to be honest, I find anti-smokers to be far more obnoxious and annoying than people who smoke in a public place. Those "Truth" commercials are some of the worst things to ever be broadcast on television. :rolleyes2
    Funny, because I find smokers to be obnoxious as well. ("It's MY body, I can do what I want." "Okay, but do you have to do it in a location that affects MY body as well?")

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Funny, because I find smokers to be obnoxious as well. ("It's MY body, I can do what I want." "Okay, but do you have to do it in a location that affects MY body as well?")
    What's the point in dying young if you can't take a few people with you?

Smoking was a bad habit to have and I quit because I was becoming addicted. It was personal because smoking cigarettes just seemed to be my only vice. It felt good not to waste money on 'em.

I do however smoke a cigar every now and again.