Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516

Thread: OH SHI-?! This Are Election Thread!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Election Booth View Post
    If you wish to be a candidate, now is the time to apply!

Shinra have 7 at the moment, Avalanche have 10 (and they had 2 that dropped out) so perhaps Shinra need more to provide more competition?

Voting begins tomorrow with the revelation of the applications. :strut:

-P
    7 to 8? Sounds even enough to me. Besides, quality over quantity.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Momiji and I never intended on running. So, 10 means 10.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, we were in this to have fun and that was it.

Therefore, when it stopped being fun, we left.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Marick D. Pauper is broadcasting live here at the election officials headquarters with a special report. At the beginning of the race, there were two parties, Avalanche and Shinra. Both stood at clear opposite ends of the spectrum, however, feeling that this system stood as a clear injustice to freedom, a one Neocracker took it upon himself to create a the unofficial official third party, which was later eliminated by election official chairman Election Booth for violating rules and sending bomb threats to the Office of Elections. However, this reporter risked his life to hunt down information on the Third Party as well as held a private interview with Neocracker. Here's the report:

The official Third Party had acknowledge that the war against God Hates Fraggles was becoming a nuisance, and in acknowledging that, proposed a radical new idea: deleting the entire community from existence and history, thus by exterminating the process. In my private interview, Neocracker added that even "speaking of GHF would be a bannable offense" and that under his administration, "watchdogs would patrol forums, user messages, and private messages scanning for any mention and banning members violently without warning." Let us also analyze that destroying the community would only strengthen Bleys' resolve, and it would prove no easy task with individuals like Unne and the accursed Raistlin helping him.

In addition to that banning power, Neocracker was opposed to powers of being able to view private information, and instead would give Cid's Knights a more broad power to be able to ban on suspicion alone. While some Cid's Knights might be very adept as determining who is and is not a threat, many will start to abuse this power and unless total submission was given by a user, they would be banned. I am confident that this is quite a troubling matter.

More puzzling is the fact that the Third Party wanted to remove all membership fees as well as advertisements, claiming they had their own means of revenues. When questioned further, Neocracker responded by saying he has "five drug rings ready to launch across the world to support EoFF, as well as many multiple accounts that the current administration has yet failed to pick up on" stating that he has a near limitless supply of cashflow. When pressed further if he would corrupt the users to drug use, his response indicated more totalitarian idealogies stronger than Shinra's in his belief that "drugs have the capability to control them [the masses] and anyone who gets out of line will be forced to become addicted." While I hope it wouldn't come to this, and if everyone was in line, with free communities and not taxation without misrepresentation, which is a huge plus, it is still a frightening dilemma we could have found ourselves in.

On his immigration status, he said that newbies should only be allowed to make stereotypical newbie threads, claiming "it will allow for a divide for the oldbie elite and the newbie failures who think they are big shots." And while limiting newbie posts to fifty characters might sound appealing, we still have some newbies who are just as valid as any oldbie, and oldbies just as full of fail as newbies. The biggest issue that would raise backlash would be the adoption of a clause stating that 2009 would be the cut point for newbies vs. oldbies. When questioned about the backlash to this, Neocracker stated that it was to be "expected. Not all policies are liked, they are meant to be decisive. It is my way, or the highway. You're with us or against us." yadda yadda.

Also, his position that only the president is important ultimately seems to lead us to a one-man rule dictatorship worse than the many-manned rule that Shinra or Avalanche suggest. AT least their MIGHT be bickering when they are deciding how to screw us over next.

But all these facts beg the question. Why did Neocracker create the Third Party, when he acknowledged that he "would be denied," but added he "managed to Shake up the election, as even EB himself said I may be allowed on the Ballot." Neocracker stated "This party was made to destroy the community and reestablish a more dominant rule." And while the Third Party seemed to be the most radical of all, we must also remember that it fought in the guise of justice and equality, stating that the political machine was what it meant to fight, and that election officials like Election Booth were part of a "corrupt and unjust" system.

I have yet to get hold of Election Booth for comment. The last statement I received from an election official said that they weren't interested in whatever I was selling and to stop calling.

There you have it, the facts straight from Marick D. Pauper, unedited, unfiltered, and just! Also, don't miss the recent articles about the Shinra and Avalanche parties.

I'm Marick D. Pauper. You stay classy Eyes on FF.
    Last edited by Dignified Pauper; 10-21-2008 at 04:49 AM.

1) I would handle any CK abusing their power personaly.

2) I and not going to destroy the community, mearly its foundations so it can be rebuilt.

3) I not once claimed I fought for equality.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I have the transcripts and the waiver you signed that makes that story valid. Don't go spinning the fact in Marick D. Pauper's NO SPIN ZONE. Anyway, stay tuned for voting everyone! It promises to be quite an extraordinary primary season!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ohoho! It seems the tables have turned on our young aspiring NeoCracker.

The tables have been against me from the Get Go.

Thats like saying the tables turned in the Civil War after Shermans March, which in all reality had nothing to do with the Souths defeat.

I was destined to lose because people dont' realize what is truly best for them like I do.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    You are not Demon Dude, and Momiji is most certainly not I'm my own MILF.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    You are not Demon Dude, and Momiji is most certainly not I'm my own MILF.
    You see, that's what I figured after I thought about it some more. But I didn't feel like typing it for myself.

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

No more applications please! Voting will begin shortly.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yay!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The cake is a lie.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Or is the lie a cake?
    Figaro Castle