Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gameplay on GBA vs NES

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I wouldn't call them improvements; they went high-res at the cost of making everything look gaudy and off-model. The best-looking version of FFI is the PlayStation remake.

Blog Entries

I found the extra dungeons to be quite fun, but it's pretty hard to lose in the GBA version. It'll make a neat first run through with all the extra thing-a-majigs put into the game, but I like to think of the PSX version as being definitive.

It is a LOT easier in DoS . For example, I (not having played the Original in YEARS) Got stuck.. So what did I wind up doing? Looking at this site for the Walkthrough. It said I should be level 15-17 for a certain dungeon, By the time I got there, I was Lvl 38 straight across the board Lol.
    "I know some "little girls" who can kick your butt!" -Ritz
    Kentucky Firaga Chocobo!

The GBA version is too ridiculously easy, coupled with the insane encounter rate (a battle every 2-3 squares) makes it rather frustrating, even though it's so simple.
    I've yet to complete the Soul of Chaos dungeons (because of the above-mentioned encounter rate), but I plan to try and complete them on my current playthrough.

I didn't realise the PS version of FF1 was worth trying out...II, Chronicles and Anthology were such abortions I assumed 1 would be the same.
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI