Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Tournament 2008 - Applications

planning world domination

Default Art Tournament 2008 - Applications

Alrighty, once again, it's time for an Art Tournament.
    Some of you may remember that i held two previous tournaments a couple of years back, and i've been busy with all kinds of stuff since. But now, i'm back.
    So, let's get this thing going.
    Firstly, the RULES:

Rules:
    1: Anybody may enter the Tournament (Including previous winners, because i can't remember who won apart from Black Orb...and well, its just unfair). The only thing i ask of participants is; please make sure that you can post within the time limits. If you fail to post a piece of art within the prescribed time, you are disqualified by default. If you notify me via PM that you are unable to post for that round, i can post it for you if you wish.

2: Artwork that may be used in this tounament includes:
    Sketches
    Fanart
    Paintings
    Digital Art including Sigs / Banners etc.

Sorry, but i cannot allow 3d creations such as pots etc. Photography is also off the list. I know and acknowledge that these are forms of art, but i personally think that the Tournament could get even harder to judge/vote if there is too much variation.

3: Once a person has entered the event, nobody will take their place, for example as a replacement or substitute.

4: Nobody may enter the Tournament late, once rounds have started, there shall be no more entries. No exceptions.

5: Anybody who is participating in the event may vote twice only per round. Neither of these votes can be for themselves.

6: Anyone who is not participating in the tournament has a maximum of 50% vote. For example, if there are 10 competitors, then they shall be allowed 5 votes. Where an odd number of competitors occurs, then votes are reduced to the nearest whole number. For example, 5 competitors = 2.5 votes (this is not possible) therefore only 2 votes will be allowed.

7: Any artwork that is submitted may only be submitted once in the whole event, i.e. you may not use a single piece of work in more than one round.

8: Have fun!

Application for Entry:
    As stipulated in the rules, anybody may enter. If you wish to enter, please send me a PM before the application period expires. Any appplications after this period will be deemed nul and void. In the PM, if you could give your username and a small message, i will be pleased to grant you entry into the tournament.

Tournament System:
    The tournament will be divided into several seperate rounds (The number of rounds depends entirely on how many competetors apply, i.e. for every 1 person that enters a Round is added - 10 participants = 10 rounds). Each of these rounds will be divided by a voting period between each round. Each round there will be at least one competetor voted out of the tournament (Dependant on amount of competitors). See the Rules section for voting, etc. Each round will last 5 days maximum, OR as soon as the last competitor has posted their submission, whichever is shortest.The voting periods shall last 5 days. Timer Posts will be made each day, as a reminder as to how long the competetors or voters have left to take action.
    The competetor with the LEAST votes will be knocked out of the competition on each round. So please vote the the person(s) you want to STAY IN the competition.

Please note that each individual round will be posted into a different post. This saves trawling through one long post. Keep an eye out for each round.

Just to note, I'll be entering the competition too.

Current line-up:

1. KoShiatar
    2. SNOOZER
    3. Aeriths Knight
    4. Nominus Experse
    5. Shadow Bahamut (myself)
    Applications: CLOSED
    Last edited by Shadow Bahamut; 11-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.

I'm new to this stuff, is there a theme for every round or something like that? Or are we free to create whatever we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I'm new to this stuff, is there a theme for every round or something like that? Or are we free to create whatever we want?
    there's no themes at all. just post whatever you have, be it sketches, inks, paint, photoshop work, render work, virtually anything save the exceptions mentioned in the rules. only thing is, you have to have individual pieces of art per round, i.e. you cant use one piece more than once.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll play, enter.

I won't win though.

Do I still need to PM?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

*stickies*
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I'll play, enter.

I won't win though.

Do I still need to PM?
    If you could send a PM it would be helpful, that way i have some kind of record of who's signed up. I've reserved a spot for you until you send a PM.

and thanks for the sticky FM =]

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I shall play

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I'll play. Must the things we put upo only made for the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I think I'll play. Must the things we put upo only made for the tournament?
    please PM your application to confirm. i've provisionally reserved a spot for you in the tournament.

you can put any artwork up that you have. it doesnt have to be specially for the tournament
    Last edited by Shadow Bahamut; 10-27-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Congrats to all the winners.

I fail too hard at art, so I'll just watch. :P

Maybe there could be another contest later for photography. I'd take part in that one. :P

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

that's a neat idea, roto. maybe when SB is done with this I'll start a photo contest

Come on people! Its only a little fun; "its not the winning that matters, its the taking part." lol

i guess the main point of this competition is for the un-noticed artistic heroes to become noticed and complimented on their art.

come on people! lets have some fun!

Current line-up:

1. KoShiatar
    2. SNOOZER
    3. Aeriths Knight
    4. Nominus Experse
    5. Shadow Bahamut
    Last edited by Shadow Bahamut; 10-28-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think you should probably make edits to your first post regarding application times, etc. so that people don't have to search through the whole thread for important updates.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    I think you should probably make edits to your first post regarding application times, etc. so that people don't have to search through the whole thread for important updates.
    yeah that might help... thanks leeza.

Daily Update:

Current Competitors:

1. KoShiatar
    2. SNOOZER
    3. Aeriths Knight
    4. Nominus Experse
    5. Shadow Bahamut
    6. Sir Lancealot

Roll up, roll up! not much longer left!