Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Bumpin' this seeing as there's now a demo availiable for download on Xbox Live. (and maybe PSN? I don't know.)

Anyone played it yet? I have. It is seriously smurfing intense. I played it with my brother and damn, those crazy smurfers do not let up. If anyone wants to co-op this with me on XBL then you're welcome to.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

loved 4, played the demo for 5 and loved it, i dont think itll top 4 though, re4 is like an instant classic x)

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Sweet. I forgot the demo came out already. I will download this and give it a try this weekend.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Bumpin' this seeing as there's now a demo availiable for download on Xbox Live. (and maybe PSN? I don't know.)

Anyone played it yet? I have. It is seriously smurfing intense. I played it with my brother and damn, those crazy smurfers do not let up. If anyone wants to co-op this with me on XBL then you're welcome to.
    Yeah it was pretty hardcore tbqh, more of them from more angles than I expected. And that big dude with the axe was actually seriously tough to take out.

And yeah it's not survival horror anymore but, on the other hand, it's actually fun.

Articles

Axe guy wasn't so bad. He still smurfed me up, but shotgun + uppercut handled him pretty well. Now, chainsaw guy, I'd ran out of ammo by the time I met him. Knife vs Chainsaw. I don't need to tell you that it ended with Chris's head coming off.

It's not survival horror in the traditional sense, but it does put the emphasis on survival. Unlike Resident Evil 4 where my strategy was to murder anyone who looked remotely undead, you can't really afford to do that because you'll just get swarmed.

I think the controls are a bit clunky and unintuitive though. I think that control scheme worked better for a slower-paced game like RE4.

RE5 is faster than RE4...what are all these zombies from Jamaica and Kenya? Run your craka ass down XD

Articles

It seems to me that a strangely large amount of the zombies you fight are white.

Anyway just beat the Demo with JKTrix. That is possibly the hardest demo I have ever played.

Really? That is odd. I remember the video they had when the game was announced and Chris 'The Man' Redfield was just beating down the darkies xD Don't tell me xenophobic Japan actually gave into perceived racism. I just find that to be a bit weird that they would change that.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

There are lots of white people in africa :P

It was pretty hard, but definitely fun with another human to joke about stuff and form some rudimentary tactics. Which was mainly, 'RUN!'

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It seems to me that a strangely large amount of the zombies you fight are white.

Anyway just beat the Demo with JKTrix. That is possibly the hardest demo I have ever played.
    Capcom was pressured into putting all the races of the rainbow in the game because some black dude writing for the New York Times called it a racist game.

Blog Entries

I cant wait for this game gonna be glad to get back to killing zombies although i did love resident Evil 4

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordofchaos View Post
    I cant wait for this game gonna be glad to get back to killing zombies although i did love resident Evil 4
    I'm fairly certain (but not 100%) that the creatures in RE5 are another strain of the Las Plagas virus from RE4. I assumed that [spoilers]Wesker acquired the sample and is using it to continue testing to create super-humans he can control or some such nonsense.[/spoilers]

Anyway, played the demo solo and with a friend. Definitely found it to be more enjoyable co-op, as I didn't have to keep pressing "B" to call Sheva to me so she wouldn't die. I certainly found it fun, and while not scary it was rather tense at times (which resulted in yelling, which is also very fun with co-op). I do hope they polish a lot of the animations though. Some look too stiff, and things like Chris's "Stomp" action which I assume I'll be seeing a lot just don't have that level of "oomph" they should. Still, thoroughly enjoyed the demo levels and am definitely looking forward to the release.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles

I absolutely agree with Rase about Chris's puny little stomp. Capcom need to take lessons from Gears of War. That is how you stomp.

It opened to Silver members today (I guess Microsoft thought some gamers would pay 50 dollars for a Gold membership because they couldn't wait one more day to get it). I had nobody else to play with and Sheva is more of a pain in my ass than anything. I would honestly do better without her. And the controls of this game are just awful XD But nothing I can't get used to. I overall liked it, but it will take some adjusting to when I get my hands on the real game.

Blog Entries

You have to remember this is a demo to one of the reasons they make them is to listin what the majority of people bitch and gripe about and then change it.