Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    This is just ridiculous. You know the complaints for the show only started occurring when news shows started headlining the story. The news were telling you it was despicable and that you should complain, and so the public did. No-one complained beforehand. Proves no-one actually found it that offensive.
    Shows how many people listen to his radio show then really...

no cos the people who actually listened to the show (and its is very popular) relized that this has been blown out of proportion, the peeps who are complaining are doing so from word of mouth and the news, its ridiculous and pathetic
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It should be noted that even if he never did this, he's still a cock.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Thought he was funny in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but that doesn't disguise the fact that I always thought he was an outrageous prat.

Str8 Pimpin'

I love how both comedians turned into apologetic sobs after all this broke out. Some rebels they are. Just goes to show that when things go sour even the largest of ego's get down on their knee's and beg for mercy. I expected more from Russell Brand.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    its good he left the BBC, it is a sinking ship anyway. im just gunna miss his radio show cos it is (most of the time) hilarious
    Sinking ship?

Yeah, BBC Radio's comedy has really lost out on Russell Brand. And here was me hoping he'd appear on Just a Minute, the News Quiz or I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. They've lost some real talent in Brand. I only hope people like Paul Merton, Andy Hamilton, Graeme Garden and Barry Cryer can somehow pick up the slack! Even Chris Evans is funnier than Brand.

Yeah, I went there.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Jonathon Ross has been given a 12 week suspension, then he is back on full pay.

*facepalm*

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish the media would stop calling it a prank. It was harrassment. What they did would get the rest of us an ASBO. Calling up some OAP and saying lewd things about his granddaughter? Not only not funny, but possibly criminal.

I love that Brand's gone. I don't mind Ross, I actually do think he's funny when he gets a good guest on, so I'm not personally offended by his continuing presence but yeah, really, what the BBC is saying is that using taxpayer's money to condone bullying is fine with them.

Interesting how this has led to a much deeper questioning of Auntie, though. Whether our money's worth it at all.

Hope it gets demolished.

Noel Gallagher makes a good point

"Personally, I'm outraged that, yet again, the joyless f***ers who write the columns in the Daily Mail, The Telegraph or The Observer have dictated the tone and are telling people how to behave.

"I've seen the Daily Mail, they said that Russell should be arrested and charged. Arrested for what? For taking the p**s? It's so typical of the English in general. 10,000 people get outraged, but only days after it has happened."

It ridiculous, even if u don't like them or what they do there must be some sense that screams come on!!! its pathetic! BBC screwed up again wat a suprise, some trampy burlesque dancer makes a quick buck, its gotten ridiculous its Sachs that got embarressed, no one else should be cashin in.
    why don't they ban phone Jacker as well and get completely totalitarian
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, the government, 10,000 people, and the BBC do not agree with you.

lol and thats supposed to prove i'm wrong. people with a grasp on reality don't give a damn, and the government? HA don't make me laugh the only reason they got involved was because its a cheap and quick way to get the dull masses on there side come election day. its stupid cause they should deal with actual issues with such gusto, but of course they won't

Where is ur sense of rebellion, of unique thought, why follow the crowd?
    Remember that well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm not following the crowd, but your just trying to stand against a one-way argument.

Lol no u misunderstand, there are a lot of people who think this has got out of hand.
    I just think its been over sentimentalized. I mean the woman goes around calling herself a "satanic slut" and sells sex stories to the Sun or some other hate mongerer and has the gall to act like shes some saint and that poor old grandpa's lil heart is broken.
    IT was wrong to do what they did don't get me wrong, but all this fuss is pathetic.
    Its the spin and the nastyness of the papers and from people who didn't even hear it and wouldn't even care if there hadn't been all this media attention. It started with 2 complaints and spiralled.
    Also if ur grand daughter knows Brand then its safe to assume shes slept with him, everyone knows what hes like.
    Remember that well.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No-one smurfs with Manuel.

No-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    No-one smurfs with Manuel.

No-one.

evidently...they do ha!
    Remember that well.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Noel Gallagher is also a giant twat and what he says makes me feel completely validated in how I feel about this.