Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Russell Brand

Licence fee payers have the right not to see their money, which they don't have any choice but to pay if they own a TV, not used to bully an elderly man. Simple fact.
    They are entertainers. They were doing their jobs. Yes, they made a mistake and they didn't really do anything to make up for it because they continued on with the joke, but they were still doing what they were being paid for and should not be condemned for that. I'm sure people found it funny, which is the point of a joke. Not everyone has to find everything someone says funny, but if a few people do, that's basically the point of being an entertainer.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

When the Daily Mail first ran the story, it was 1,000 complaints. And now, with days of media coverage, it's become 27,000. I'd wager 26,000 of them weren't tuned in to the radio when it was broadcast and are just joining the bandwagon.

It's stupid. It shouldn't be in the newspapers. "Russell Brand does something unfunny" is not breaking news. God damn Britain, the things you do sometimes...

oi don't blame all the brits, its just the dim ones, I for one am against the whole pathetic stupid overblown situation. we aren't all so silly and we don't all beleive what the stupid papers say
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's pretty ignorant to say that everybody who complained was stupid.

hmm others have said they wished Russle was dead or they wished they had punched him and stuff
    and im the ignorant one?
    i didnt say they were stupid, i said they were dim which is a playful expression.
    i called the papers and the situation stupid.
    strip it down to the bare facts, do you honestly believe all this very negative media attention is actually justified?
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Maybe it isn't wholly justified. But the prank call wasn't justified either.

yup thats what i think. the prank call was wrong flat out, theres no question of that
    Remember that well.

I vehemently detest the man.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, Sachs was content to let the matter drop - as long as the incident was edited out of the broadcast, he wasn't going to care. But after agreeing to that, the chap in charge decided to leave that segment in the programme. That's pretty damn low, and deserving of condemnation. They had a chance to avoid any public damage, but instead decided that the nation needed to see and hear just how much of a prat their "comedian" is.

Comedy is comedy. Pranks are pranks. Being a cock is being a cock.

Like Ms Baillie said, "What’s funny about humiliating a lovely old man who has never harmed anyone in his life? My grandfather is really upset and says he wants the whole situation to end... We’re very close and I can’t tell you how much it hurts to know they were so unkind to such a sweet person."

Yes, she's hot. Yes, she once slept with a dickhead. That doesn't warrant the public mockery of her grandfather.

public aint mocking him, brand and ross regret it, the granddaughter is a £110 per hour domanatrix who has got loads of publicity, seems it aint so bad
    Remember that well.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Upon reading the transcript it has come to my attention that, somewhat unsurprisingly, Jonathan Ross actually made the worst comments of the two.

Russell Brand however still sucks.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

First, off, it was a horrible joke, so the Old man and his daughter shouldn't be making a big deal out of it, it was a joke. Get over it.

However, I'm not sure about how Brit laws would say on the matter, but as far as I know that would be Harassment in the US and is a Criminal offense, and on that note should be handled as such regardless of how funny or unfunny it was. There should NOT be a show that actively and illegally harasses people.

Though again, if that is NOT Illegal in that part of the world, people need to STFU and just stop watching. If no one watches, he'll get taken of the air anyway.

it isn't illegal, people (by people i mean the papers really) do need to stfu. the mirror today were complaining that Ross had had a halloween party, did they think he'd just stop his life, hes got a wife and kids they should get to have fun with out being penalized. its just stupid
    Remember that well.