Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I missed my chance!!!

Blog Entries

Default I missed my chance!!!

Ive finished highschool and looking back ive realised that I have never taken to jigging / wagging / skiving / twagging / sagging / bunking / cutting class / doggin / mitchin / ditching / bagging off / skipping class / playing hookey. (Thank you wikipedia)

And now i realise i'll never get the chance to be a bad boy and experience the joys of having fun when against the rules (aside from me breaking the law).
    And if I ever have grandkids I'll have no funny stories for them!!

Sure if I get into uni i can jig class there but its just not the same.

So whats your opinion on truanting? Discuss any truanting adventures you have had, or the lack thereof such as myself. Ever get caught? I think my regret might can be remedied with a little Schadenfreude
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 10-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Why not try it at uni, or is that not in your future?
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Well considering im probably going to be paying for uni and nobody cares if im not in class(to the best of my knowledge) it's just not the same.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

A lot of college professors still take "attendance" and have policies that prevent skipping class. It is rather stupid since you are paying for it and you are (at least in age) an adult, but they are still allowed to pass such rules. It seems to be the most worthless and boring of classes, too. Odd, huh?

I was never too big on skipping class. I usually slept through my high school classes and the one time I did skip, it was mostly just me walking out of school and going home.

When you get a job, just pull a sickie and then sit at home in your undies all day laughing gleefully to yourself while stuffing your face with Jaffa Cakes. It works to a similar effect.

Not that I have ever done this obviously.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never ever skipped school like a lot of people do. :P I dunno....maybe because most of my friends were all the over-achiever types who were taking all AP classes, 3 hours of sports after school every day...:P And I just never had a desire to.
    --Box Box Box Box

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One day in January many years ago I met this girl Cher as we were walking out of the cafeteria after lunch. We had both noticed each other around but never really had the chance to talk. That was our chance. We clicked together instantly. As it happened her next period was as a nurse's assistant and I wasn't really all that interesting in the class I was going to. We formed a plan. Ten minutes into the class Cher came in with a note saying she had to take me to the nurses office. Off we went together, skipping that hour and having a great time. Cher was such an awesome girl.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

you mean yyour school had no senior skip day? Mine did, and we got caught and it was amazing. We didn't get into trouble though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    you mean yyour school had no senior skip day? Mine did, and we got caught and it was amazing. We didn't get into trouble though.
    During my brother's senior year, the administration threatened to suspend all students who were absent without a reasonable excuse if they missed class on Senior Skip Day.

You never played hookey? D: It's fun.

I tried to once when I was seven. I called myself in and they asked who I was. I said "my father."

When I got my license, I cut class and ran away to Cedar Point so many times.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Skipping class is pretty boring at my school. I 'technically' did it the other day when I came into school late (half day I forgot times where different), and they said that my next class was 2/3 of the way over so I wouldn't get credit for being there, but go anyway.

Obviously I didn't follow such stupid directions :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yaridovich View Post
    I tried to once when I was seven. :p I called myself in and they asked who I was. I said "my father." :eep:
    That's adorable. xD

I skipped class once when I was like 6. I just wandered away at lunch. Scared everyone to death. I was just like "Screw this crap," and I went home.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I bailed on school a lot Senior year. Like 15 days, I think. I'm pretty sure my dad knew about it every time, unless he was out of town once or twice. It was never underhanded, it was just "I have no reason to go to school today" so I'd go back to sleep. Never hurt my grades or anything.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've skipped one class period a couple of times, but never a whole day. I don't think I'll be participating in Senior Skip Day because in my city, everyone who actually does that decides to go to the beach. Always. And guess who's waiting there for them!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

did anyone else's school handbooks have a clause saying 'skip or "senior ditch days" are not permitted' very explicitly like that?