Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Invitation - tGA!

Having BoB back would definitely be cool. ;{

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just saw Del's cowboy. xD

Now I know where the hat came from.

Yeah, and Del has also RPed a painter. I still remember the Carpie incident. Good times. xD
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I missed all the good stuff. T__T

Now no one is left.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I encourage someone to take up the helm of Buck Ryder and continue on his legacy. Make sure there is plenty of man lovin'.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I missed all the good stuff. T__T
    Well, almost every "generation" of tGA has said that the stuff prior to them joining was the best. Some liked the Ofuchi stuff, some preferred the rampage of Kagetsu and Arawn, and others liked the Yamato-centered invasion stuff.

We can create new good stuff. It's all up to us players how we want it to play out, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I encourage someone to take up the helm of Buck Ryder and continue on his legacy.
    Or maybe you could come back and RP him?
    Last edited by Kossage; 12-10-2008 at 02:09 AM.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

I think it might help morale if, y'know, the OWNER might come back once in a while. *slaps Raist*

We've just started a new chapter, so it's even easier to jump in now.

ill join tomorrow.

do i have to make an account on that website too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Oath View Post
    do i have to make an account on that website too?
    Yes.

Also, welcome.

Yay, a fresh face. I hope our convoluted storyline isn't too confusing, but you can always ask one of us to summarize stuff if you want.

What Nic said, although it is possible to RP a character who is totally clueless and does not know much about the world. In fact, one of my NPCs is such a character, and so far he's been doing alright even if he has been annoying Aerith's Knight's player character every once in a while.

And one can always take a look at the practical jokes that Bleys makes his characters live through, too.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Hmm... I could have sworn I say a 'tech' level type information somewhere but can't seem to find it now.

But as I was writing up miss JoAT I noticed that her being a chemist of sorts really means I have to know roughly the tech level. After all most of her weapons are 'concocted' for the most part(poisons are of course a given, but I don't think those will raise any eyebrows).

Anyhow how would fantasy versions of the following be viewed?
    Greek Fire(674 AD) - Yea or Nay?
    Fire-Lances(901-1000 AD) - Yea or Nay?
    Grenade-Pots*(717-1044 AD) - Yea or Nay?
    *Clay pots filled with Greek Fire(717 I hear) and eventually an early version of gunpowder(saltpeter(40-70% of the mixture) and equal parts sulfur and charcoal if memory serves). Very Very dangerous to the person using it.

And just for fun since they would be entertaining distractions if not useful weapons.
    Fireworks/Fire Arrows**(960-1279 AD) - Yea or Nay?
    **Note: Early fire works weren't necessarily 'rocket' types. They could be more of the firecracker type from what I have read. Though the rocket type(called a fire arrow if memory serves) apparently showed up as early as 1045 AD. And they weren't exactly the most useful weapons(particularly at first... they mainly served to scare people. Sort of like the Byzantines used Greek Fire. That weapon was terrifying and would demoralize the opposing army before the fight even began).

Also are their gnomes? Just curious sense her background currently states she learned the concoctions from a gnome who owed her father a favor(and was told using the knowledge would be taboo and would likely make most gnomes distrust her(as well as other races if they found out how inhumane it was(particularly the fantasy Greek fire... that is an awful way to die)). And teaching it would really not be a good idea). It could probably easily be changed to a dwarf. It is only mentioned in passing and isn't really important(heck for all she knows he was pulling her leg and it isn't taboo at all).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Raistlin (if he was around xD) is really the ultimate authority as far as tGA world and its technology goes, but here's what some players and I have come up with:

tGA is set in a Medieval fantasy world. I've always envisioned it as being around 1300-1500 if we compare the technology level of our world. Players drew the line of technology at cannons (at least Ravensworth and pirate ships have those). Early pistols might exist at tGA as well, but those would be really, really crude and would malfunction easily, and they certainly wouldn't be mass-produced (not to mention making them would be expensive and difficult).

However, there is actually some advanced technology, but it is well-guarded and kept secret. It serves as an important subplot: the mages of Alent have recently discovered technology from an ancient, extinct race and are trying to unravel the mysteries of that technology in order to build airships (think steam punk sort of stuff). So far they've failed, but depending on where the story goes, things might change (and new threats might emerge).

As for your examples, I think it's ok. We haven't really used Greek fire or any of those things you mentioned in our RPs, but their existence is certainly possible (they existed in real world, so why not at tGA too?). I think that the only thing one has to keep in mind is that the majority of the world would not have seen such weapons being used, so those weapons would not be wide-spread at least. I don't know if the demons know of such technology, though, but I think it could be possible, because their clans have been fighting against each other for millennia before they arrived in the tGA world and thus would be well versed in the art of war. Anyway, I think introducing those tactical weapons could spice the story up as long as it is kept in check.

However, if you want to be absolutely certain, you could always ask Raistlin, but as far as I'm concerned, I think your suggestions sound fine as long as you won't be god-moding those weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post
    Also are their gnomes? Just curious sense her background currently states she learned the concoctions from a gnome who owed her father a favor(and was told using the knowledge would be taboo and would likely make most gnomes distrust her(as well as other races if they found out how inhumane it was(particularly the fantasy Greek fire... that is an awful way to die)). And teaching it would really not be a good idea). It could probably easily be changed to a dwarf. It is only mentioned in passing and isn't really important(heck for all she knows he was pulling her leg and it isn't taboo at all).
    I don't think we've ever had gnomes in the story. Our dwarves are basically the inventor types, so I think it would be easy to just switch the gnomes with dwarves as far as that backstory goes. It is certainly possible that there is some isolated dwarven faction that has developed such weapons in secret, so feel free to go with your idea.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You guys are running this RP, so feel free to make the rules however you want.

What you said is pretty consistent with how we've handled technology in the past. Except for that brief period of Gundams and lasers (I wish I was kidding).