Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Invitation - tGA!

I've only been to The chat room once.
    :luigi::mario:

Thanks to the admin Super metroid690 of http://supermetroid690.proboards15.com/
    For the Avatar...

Okay, I finally got around to editing the first post a bit. ._.

Also, CALLING ALL PAST AND PRESENT MEMBERS! Bleys came up with the great idea to start a tGA wiki, since we have such an insane amount of history at tGA. If anyone has any ideas for this, or would like to participate, get ahold of me/Koss/Bleys.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That means you BoB.

Whee. New home in the RP forums. x)

And the [wiki] is now online, so feel free to check it out. It's still work-in-progress, of course, but quite a few articles have shown up there already.
    Last edited by Kossage; 02-04-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'm too lazy right now to update the wiki. That, and I can barely remember how to update it.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

The Wiki Portraits are a bit fugly when blown up that large.

A bit of editing could make them look a lot better

I got a bit of glow and parts that I didn't clean right left yet AND I over messed up on the cut since I did it quickly(dunno if it is easy to spot or not though). In addition I didn't play with the enlarging settings much, I could probably get a better result with a bit of effort(a couple minute hack job really doesn't give you much time to fiddle). Currently it is a bit pixel-y in parts. I probably had the definition settings too high.

Anyhow, before I can do anything I first have to figure out how images and wiki work. I don't normally edit Wiki's and when I do I have never used images before. If I scare up some free time that I want to spend playing with photoshop I'll try to do some of the others as well if ya'll like. After all I can't do much else for the wiki at the time being.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you teach me how to do it, I could probably help you when I get some time.

I'm personally not too worried about it, but if you're interested in doing it, sure. The images can be used at their normal size, it just makes the infobox look a bit...odd. xD

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    If you teach me how to do it, I could probably help you when I get some time.
    Well the touching up is just simple 'rendering' touch up. Use the smudge brush to get rid of the jagged edges and then pen tool to cut it off(to get rid of the glow/fuzz). The pen tool helps give it the natural curves.

However, that is just me being ocd on the image. The real strength comes from the fact that the Genuine Fractals plug-in is infinitely better at 'blowing' images up than the wiki software apparently is. Hmm.. I suppose I could just blow them all up with fractals real quick like. I think version 5 can be automated to handle a batch at a time. So all I need to do is download all the images into one folder and I can blow them all up at once.

I'll play with the settings first to see if I can get a 'better' result.

It won't really take all that long if I can automate Fractals. That software can take forever if you do them one by one. The smudging/cutting is a real quick process.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Wiki stuff seems to be progressing smoothly, for the most part. I made a new skin that matches tGA, and it's a lot easier on the eyes imo. As far as the images go...for now, we're just using the ones Spat resized in photoshop.

Annnnd it looks like we'll be starting a new chapter very soon, once I get to talk to Koss about what needs to go in the opening post. Good time for any new members to join in!

How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

I kinda wanna start a side RP. o_o There anyone who'd be interested in something more...bloody? xD

Updated the first post with more information on the actual RP, since all we really had before was info on the tGA site itself. Added:

In a universe where humans, elves, dwarves, gods and demons once existed peacefully, everything is slowly but surely unraveling. With the God of Order and the God of Chaos both dead, the remaining gods have scattered and abandoned their people. The Godslayer, bringer of the Cataclysm that shattered the continents and stole the innate magics of the people, lies dormant in this age of isolation. The demons, unleashed upon the material world, seek to conquer this new land and reign supreme over their fellow demons. The elves have fallen victim to a gruesome, deadly plague. The humans, feeling lost and abandoned, struggle amongst themselves to protect their homelands and find their place in this new, brutal world. Countless games of deception are being played in every circle.

The Grand Alliance has risen once more as a candle in the darkness, but traitors lie in wait even in these noble ranks. The Crimson Coalition appears to counter the Alliance with its own goals and motives. Both sides feel their causes are just, both sides are ready to battle to oblivion if necessary. And yet, divided, they don't stand a chance against the massive demon hordes. Can they come together to defeat this threat? Or will darkness triumph over all?

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

What are you people waiting fer?