Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy V!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good walkthrough, rubah. That's exactly how far I got today. I missed all of those Elixers though.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

go back and steal from the Zuus :bigbiggri

I did some job grinding in Bal yesterday. :P I had Lenna and Galuf master Red Mage so they could get double cast and be extra awesome mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    So I just beat the whole little fire place, and accidentally saved over my game and have to redo it. Not like it's a problem since I'm level 33 now. I think I might redo the game though since it's tad boring when you power level that much.
    It should even out later. :P Especially if you run from stuff. I'd say run from things until you get to the second world.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

then take the chicken knife!

But I already have like 2000+ fights under my belt! Besides I still got jobs I need to work on mastering anyways off those 1-2 ABS!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The Chicken Knife as the potential to get way stronger than the Brave Sword FYI

QUESTIONS!

Is Excalipoor good for anything or should I just throw it away? And what about the Cursed Ring or whatever it's called? And the Blood Sword doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage. :P

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The cursed ring is pretty good if you can finish your battles really fast.

Excalipoor is pretty much useless, and well, Blood Swords are bloodswords.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    The Chicken Knife as the potential to get way stronger than the Brave Sword FYI
    Also: Power lost by running from battles cannot be restored with the Brave Blade.
    m'pow

At least the Blood Sword doesn't get automatically equipped whenever I change classes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Mortis View Post
    The cursed ring is pretty good if you can finish your battles really fast.

Excalipoor is pretty much useless, and well, Blood Swords are bloodswords.
    Bloodsword has a 1 in 4 chance of hitting. Aim or Rapid Fire is reccomended.
    m'pow

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Walkthrough time!

Chapter +1: Let's Get Some Learnin's.

After the events at Karnak town, switch up your jobs a little if you'd like (I'd keep a blue Mage or someone with Learning, preferably two people, but other than that, just make a balance of new jobs and known healers/damage dealers)

Go to the fire ship and Cid is there. Talk to him and he'll get kinda PMSy. Then go back to the town and head to the Pub's upper story and talk to him again there. Afterwards, he'll give you the silent treatment. (If you're interested, Queen Karnak is in the upper room at the Inn). Make sure you're well-equipped, and let's head west!

Go west past the broken-down wall and then south. Try to keep to the grassy areas unless you just simply feel like dying (we'll get to the desert, but not just yet, and one Dhorme Chimera may just be one too many at this point).

Follow the seacoast on the east side until you come to a little grove of forest with a temple in the center. This is the infamous Library of the Ancients. Make a save and head inside!

Talking to the scholars running around yields very little info, so just head upstairs. There's an urn to heal with on the second floor, then head on up to the roof. These scholars are trying to burn possessed books, so go ahead and help them by checking them out 8)

After that, go back to the first floor and go down the ladder to the left. Go through the door, and now you're in the library stacks.
    Walk straight forward and the shelves will shift to let you through. Go to the black hole to the left and they will close back behind you. Go back to the right and down through the black hole, then left and down through the next one. Head up the ladder, over to the right and forward, shifting the shelves again. Head all the way over to the right and run into the wall, shifting the stacks, then go down the ladder, around and forward, and touch the black thing over at the right. Dive on in!

It's pretty dark in here, but head down and go right for an ether. Go back left and down out the bottom. It's lightened up considerably. Go down the ladder, and over to the ladder on the left. Hit the shelf at the top and crawl through. Continue through the next room and heal in the one after. If you approach the book lying on the floor, you will fight Ifrit.

IFRIT:
    Not too hard with Blizzara or Shiva, and Cura. He will cast Fira for 200-300 damage on one person, or Blaze for 100-200 on the whole party, or a 50-100 dmg "High Kick" which will also inflict paralyze status. Magic Swording Blizzara, casting Blizzara, or summoning Shiva are all excellent ideas. (you also might use a Frost Rod if you're desperate)

Once you beat Ifrit, you get his power to burn books summon in battle. Head back two rooms and go through the door. A fiesty bookshelf wiill try to block your passage, but seeing that you control Ifrit will put him back in his place. Go up next to the but double back through the hole into the room you were just in. Pick up the chest for a Ninja Suit. Go back and through the door.

Another dark room. Go down the ladder and to the left, down the next ladder and all the way down for a Phoenix down. Head back up and to the right. Go through the next door.

Go around and touch the bookshelf, walk up, over to the right up the ladder to touch it again. Go down and to the right and up the ladder to touch, a book will pop up, but don't fret, it's just a normal encounter.
    Up through the hole and a save point you'll find. Go down, around and up for a boss!

BYBLOS:
    Basically, he is a book. And we know that Ifrit burns books, so let's use Fira and Ifrit and Flame rods.
    You can pick up Magic Hammer as a new blue magic if you're fortunate.

After you win, you will be treated to a scene! Afterwards wander back out of the Library (still avoiding the desert) and go to the upper level of the Pub in Karnak. There, Mid will bring Cid to his senses, and the two mad scientists will head off to make the fire-ship work again!

Mention that you can get Level 5 Doom from Page 64 because it is awesome. :p

So I decided to just restart and play the GBA version so I can make use of the added jobs in it.

Good times to be had. Up the fire boat already.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Point of advice on the Chicken Blade:

It's how many times you run away before you get the sword. You could run away a million times after you already have it equiped but it will never get any stronger after you have it. Do you really want to spend all that time running before you choose it?