Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy V!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

xD There's a little treasure chest after Abductor if you manage to beat it xD

Chapter Whatever- A Brave New World:
    On what is commonly referred to as "World 2" (because square didn't really give it much of a name other than "galuf's world" you will run into precisely one enemy, which drops precisely one item, and lenna keeps having a cutscene where she urges you to use a tent. If you have plenty of tents, go ahead and use one, else fight the encounters to stock up!

When you use a tent, a cut scene will activate where the sisters are talking, but then they're abducted! An abductor comes for Bartz. You don't have to win this battle, but there's a cute little scene if you do

Afterwards, your party ends up in Exdeath's clutches, and the warlock himself sets about breaking numerous laws of physics, mainly those of Optics and how mirrors and lenses work. Ugh.

Shortly, you end up with control of Galuf and all your equipment (it was lying nearby in a handy chest)

If you would like to save or heal, head out the door to the top. There will be a save point and past that, a healing pool. The door at the bottom is locked, so when you get done saving/healing, head to the left and out that way. The next room only has one exit, at the top left corner.

This next room has our friend Gilgamesh standing in it. As you approach the center, make sure you're healed!

GILGAMESH:
    He has nothing to steal (this time) so don't worry about having a Thief or Steal equipped. A heavy physical attacker with some healing will do just fine with him (I used a Ninja with Jikuu if you can believe that. Haste+Regen+2 moonring blades)

He has a hit for about 100-200 dmg, so with only one target, that starts adding up pretty quick, but he can't stand very many physical attacks!

After that, you regain your party, so it's all groovy. There's not really any where to go from here, so head back the way you came. Bartz does some crazy floor crawling when you go past the prison cells xD You can exit out the very bottom door in the first room, and voila, world map!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Wow I never knew you got something for beating that first Abductor. Apart from the first time, I never tried to beat it xD

Also !Control is great for getting Blue Magic and the FireBute whip is awesome. Trainers are underrated.

I finally beat Omega...after a few less then successful tries. I ventured deeper into the rift and played a little. Movers are the best things ever. Then went back and tried again. Got destroyed again. Said screw and used three bards to hold him in place and pounded on him with Thundaga Blade xD
    Also my non-spoony, X-Death Annihilation team.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only beat it by accident xD Bartz had !Gaia equipped and Leaf whirl hit for like 1500 after I'd taken like 800 off xD

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chapter: Battle[s] on the Big Bridge!

Now that you're out of Ex-Death's clutches, it's time to get out of his land. The only way off the continent his castle resides on is over the Big Bridge to the west/left. However, you get ambushed several times on the bridge, so save before you go on!

You will have three encounters of three enemies apiece, they hit for quite a bit but don't have much HP. After the third one, heal before entering the little guard shack looking building.

Inside, it's

GILGAMESH:
    He's a bit better prepared this time. He has a very high magic and physical defense and no vulnerabilities. You simply need to use very strong attacks. Summons are good for this.

After you do so much damage to him, he'll cast a bunch of buffs on himself, so if you had been holding back on your strong attacks, unleash them now. This fight is kinda difficult, but not impossible. You can steal a Hero Cocktail or a trident from him.

There is one more encounter after gilgamesh, and then there is an event and your party is thrown to the fourth corner of the globe. Luckily, it's near a town that stocks the Aga spells!

I need to finally finish this up. I'm at Atomos and have been too preoccupied with other things. >.>
    This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm staying just a bit ahead of your walkthrough, rubah.

I made it to the next world last night. The third one. I tried going into the Void but died pretty quick. I keep forgetting to takes pics.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still playing, too! I just don't feel like posting pics lately. But I'm in the third world as well. No Void for me yet though.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Damn, i said i was going to give it a try but i barely have free time to play games now..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm off to the Void!

So I'm finally getting some time in this since finals are almost done.

I'm up to the end of the Forest of Moore. But I have a few pics to post up before then.

Their not very imaginative with names are they?

Oh come on! That's not even kinda large, let alone giant!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't gone to the Void yet. Instead, I gave a try to the temple in the desert piramid and the one on the big bridge. I have no idea where to go now though, unless I really go to the Void. And what does that thing that appears when you get the second tablet mean? That I should climb two towers together? Go figure.

You gotta do fork tower next. After that you get the ability to get the last 2 tablets.

As for me I just finished up getting myself 12 legendary weapons and the 3 new jobs and am working on grinding up some levels and abilities for everyone so I can take on X-Death.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good, where is Fork Tower? I tried the Rift/Void but I got my ass handed over to me twice, so I'd rather do something else next.

It's where Crescent used to be. Fly around the south east hemisphere of the planet by that big long land mass at the bottom and you'll find a tower soon enough.

I'm back, and I'm going strong. As in, I got just Holy and Flare strong. On an awesome note, I mastered ranger class with Lenna, !Rapidfire ftw!
    m'pow