Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epic quotes, which is your favorite?

Chocobo Epic quotes, which is your favorite?

"I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!"
    -Yagami Light
    That quote made Death Note the only series to make chips epic. How about your favorite quote? Was it funny, powerful, wise, or just plain epic? Discuss.
    Last edited by Exdeath; 11-05-2008 at 11:44 PM.
    m'pow

C'mon C'mon

Commence frantic googling for the best quote.

Blog Entries

My brother sent me I think 20 of these, so here are my favorites...

'If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball
    and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the
    infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.'
    --Dave Barry

'I think that's how Chicago got started. Bunch of
    people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime
    and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough.
    Let's go west.''
    --Richard Jeni

'Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography.'
    --Paul Rodriguez

'Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a
    member of Congress.. But I repeat myself.'
    --Mark Twain

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

"All I need to change the world is my platinum blond highlights, my lip gloss, and my mind." - Chris Crocker

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

'Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.' Can't remember who said that one.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Commence frantic googling for the best quote.
    I did that and the first result was "people always say how they hate to be "just friends" with the person they love, but in my eyes id rather have them as a friend then not have them in my life at all".

I feel kind of let down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post
    "I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!"
    -Yagami Light
    That quote made Death Note the only series to make chips epic. How about your favorite quote? Was it funny, powerful, wise, or just plain epic? Discuss.
    since you mentioned that one im going to have to agree that may have been the most epic chip eating quote ever. everything in that show was epic though even when he wrote names in the book he put more passion into that then any sword fight in any anime.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I wish I was where I was when I was wishing I was here.

Blog Entries

[18:23:28] ~Roogle> The Month Old Trick or Treater
    [18:25:29] ~balzac> I'm going to punch him in the weiner
    [18:26:04] ~Jibril> in the weiner
    [18:26:13] ~o_O> in the weiner
    [18:26:48] ~Roogle> in the weiner
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

well firstly,
    "Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just 2 sides holding different views."
    Squall FFVIII

Nietzsche
    "He who has a why to live for can bear for almost any how."
    Affectus qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam fomanmus ideam emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it

Fry (futurama): Don't worry, not everyone turns out like their parents. Take me for example, my parents were honest, hardworking people.

then some random ones
    I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top

Of course I have my own agenda... what other reason is there to do anything?

Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth- more than ruin, more even than death
    ~Bertand Russell, "Selected Papers"

be braver, you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps

All men are mortal, Socrates was mortal, therefore all men are Socrates!

It does not matter if you fall down as long as you pick something from the floor when you get up

Murphy's Eigth Law
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously over looked something

The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is you know when to cringe

Matter cannot be created or destroyed nor can it be returned without a receipt

Conway's Law:
    In any organization, there will always be one person who knows what is going on. This person must be fired.

Assuming that either the left wing or the right wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Do to the other fellow as he would do unto you. But for God’s sake do it first!

It’s not an optical illusion it just looks like it

People need good lies; there are too many bad ones.
    All of the true things I am about to tell you are all shameless lies
    Don’t tell big lies, small lies can be just as effective

Great leaders are so rare, so I’m following myself

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
    Yes, but every time I try to see things your way, I get a headache.

If you sit down at a poker game and don’t see a sucker, get up. You’re the sucker

I don't have a solution... but I certainly admire the problem.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

And of course my new favorite....(In my signature)

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Default Dr. Seuss and Douglas Adams ahoy

Always do what you want and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Doctor Seuss

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Douglas Adams

For Children: You will need to know the difference between Friday and a fried egg. It's quite a simple difference, but an important one. Friday comes at the end of the week, whereas a fried egg comes out of a chicken. Like most things, of course, it isn't quite that simple. The fried egg isn't properly a fried egg until it's been put in a frying pan and fried. This is something you wouldn't do to a Friday, of course, though you might do it on a Friday. You can also fry eggs on a Thursday, if you like, or on a cooker. It's all rather complicated, but it makes a kind of sense if you think about it for a while. ~ Douglas Adams

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. ~ Douglas Adams

My favourite piece of information is that Branwell Brontë, brother of Emily and Charlotte, died standing up leaning against a mantelpiece, in order to prove it could be done. This is not quite true, in fact. My absolute favourite piece of information is the fact that young sloths are so inept that they frequently grab their own arms and legs instead of tree limbs, and fall out of trees. ~ Douglas Adams

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those who want to be in a position of power, automatically are the most unsuited to be so. ~Douglas Adams

The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
    -Amarant Coral - FFIX

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

"You're never beaten until you admit it."

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
    - General Patton

"Did I become a hero?"

Project: N00b

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vasily Grossman
    Human groupings have one main purpose: to assert everyone's right to be different, to be special, to think, feel, and live in his or her own way. People join together in order to win or defend this right. But this is where a terrible, fateful error is born: the belief that these groupings in the name of a race, a God, a party or a State are the very purpose of life and not simply a means to an end. No! The only true and lasting meaning of the struggle for life lies in the individual, in his modest peculiarities and in his right to those peculiarities.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. Mencken
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

/promptly decides to copy/paste Facebook quotes...

Me - "You should go transparent, that's what I use!.....Wait, what are you guys talking about?"
    Kendra - ".....Underwear."
    Me - "...Oh..."

"Nothing worth having is painless. You remember that."
    - Bryan

Me - "IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!! Haha...Oh people in debt."
    Araciel - "OMG. JG Wentworth!!!"

"My milkshake has yet to bring a single boy to the yard. Unless we're talking about someone else's yard. I hope I'm not unintentionally bringing all the boys to someone else's yard with my milkshake, because the yard owner would probably be most distraught."
    - Rantzien

"Romantic people have bottles of wine. Hardcore people have bottles of vodka."
    - Me and my buddy Adam...It's truth.

"That child is unattended. Let's steal it."
    - Adam

"I like you too much to hit you with fruit."
    - Adam

"It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything."
    - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

Yes, I have quotes from EoFF. What of it?

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.