Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "OH, that's nice Snake. Hit me again. MOAR! MOAR!"

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Snake was not conceived by traditional means, as one might expect of a clone. (SPOILER)Eva was the surrogate mother for Liquid and Solid, the egg was taken from an unspecified woman, who I believe is revealed to be Japanese during the course of MGS4s dialogue. I can't find it in the MG Encyclopedia.

I think Big Boss himself was supposed to be half Japanese as well.

see, he should look azn i want an azn snake.
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Blog Entries

Default The medicine! (Clunk) (Clunk) (Clunk)

Aww, I missed the quoting phase and now we're discussing things!

Y'know, playing through MGS1 again and knowing the story before-hand, it really seems like that game really didn't have great story-telling, despite there being a cut-scene every once in a while. Not only that, but the game really didn't balance story presentation with gameplay very well at all. But, hey, I still love it. Maybe I should just play on Extreme more often to make the gameplay segments take longer. >_>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Snake was not conceived by traditional means, as one might expect of a clone. (SPOILER)Eva was the surrogate mother for Liquid and Solid, the egg was taken from an unspecified woman, who I believe is revealed to be Japanese during the course of MGS4s dialogue. I can't find it in the MG Encyclopedia.

I think Big Boss himself was supposed to be half Japanese as well.
    (SPOILER)Dr. Clarke's Japanese assistant provided the egg, and you're right, eva was the serrogate mother, who is chinese herself.

Big Boss was noted in some strategy guide I think to be 3rd generation Japanese-American, but I believe that was completely forgotten later on, he definately looks American in MGS3 (SPOILER)and 4, I think he's supposed to represent any American in that game, also hence "John Doe" (SPOILER)JD in MGS4

i only played one, and half of two. they lost me with the dumb looking blonde guy....
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    i only played one, and half of two. they lost me with the dumb looking blonde guy....
    you're not the only one apparently. But 2 does start to get reaally good esp with the story towards the end of the game.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Aww, I missed the quoting phase and now we're discussing things!

Y'know, playing through MGS1 again and knowing the story before-hand, it really seems like that game really didn't have great story-telling, despite there being a cut-scene every once in a while. Not only that, but the game really didn't balance story presentation with gameplay very well at all. But, hey, I still love it. Maybe I should just play on Extreme more often to make the gameplay segments take longer. >_>
    2 and 3 don't really do much of a better job in balancing it, but the gameplay is so much more in-depth with them that it seems to make up for it more. MGS1 is still pretty good and of course was amazing for its time but the later games really did make some huge changes that make it hard to go back to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    you're not the only one apparently. But 2 does start to get reaally good esp with the story towards the end of the game.
    I actually thought 2 was better before the ending, mostly because the end had like 15 minute long codec calls dumping all of the story on to you. It was a little tedious in its pacing. But it is a really solid game if you can just get over the fact that Raiden isn't Snake.

Man, I really wish I could play 4. But I cannot justify buying an entire system for that one game.

I really love this series. I was so blown away by the first one. 2 is my favorite out of them. I also really liked Raiden. I never got the big deal with him. You know, I have never heard all of the final conversation in 2 because I've always had to piss at some point.

The ending of 3 is the closest I've ever come to crying in a video game I make fun of myself for it in the mirror every couple of hours.

Place the controller on the floor... place it as flat as you can. That's good. Now I shall move your controller, with the power of my will alone!

We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the ONLY thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake!...Farewell.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

see, he should look azn i want an azn snake.
    Yes, but that would defeat the whole purpose of him being cloned in the first place. The idea was to replicate (SPOILER)Big Boss by getting 100% of his DNA. Big Boss had no Asian in him, so getting Snake to look Asian would require getting some of the Asian woman's DNA, which would mean that there'd be no point in the first place.

Therefore Asian Snake=NO Snake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    I actually thought 2 was better before the ending, mostly because the end had like 15 minute long codec calls dumping all of the story on to you. It was a little tedious in its pacing. But it is a really solid game if you can just get over the fact that Raiden isn't Snake.
    I meant the torture event, the scene on top of Arsenal and Solidus' monologue at the very end all made the game very compelling. I agree, the long codec discussions about information and memes was a little overwhelming the first time, if not annoying.

Upset to have missed the quoting phase. I still love MGS1, even though I haven't played it in years. In my view it's the best game that generation of consoles produced, and the whole series is a classic. Whether it's a classic game series or a classic movie series isn't quite clear, but brilliance is brilliance.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Frank Jaeger is black? He didnt sound black to me, mind you I live in Britainland so my version of what balck people might sound like might be slighty different

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I remember playing Snake—then called Nibbles—in the QBasic editor.
    I cant believe I actually get that.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!