Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little bit of OCD.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I don't have any. My room would drive most of you crazy, it's disgusting and full of junk. People leaving a window open and then the door, meaning that the door then repetitively taps the latch or whatever it is, that drives me mad, so much so that as soon as anyone walks up stairs I scream at them to shut the bathroom door.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can be a clean freak if I have time for it. But I really hate having stuff lying out on the floor. Desks and tabletop surfaces can be as cluttery as you want but floors must be walkable. Also leaving used plates/bowls out tends to drive me bonkers. If I use a bowl it has to go to the sink or be washed or it just nags my mind.

Also? No one touches my monitor. I really really really really really really really despise people poking their grubby greasy fingers on my 22" LCD monitor's screen. But it's mostly because LCD screens are a pain in the ass to clean without scratching them and I paid too much money to have a jerk getting it all messed up.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I left click, I have to right click. I have to highlight the text I'm reading onscreen, from top to bottom, then bottom to top, usually over and over while I read it. If I'm using a controller, if I press one button I have to press the one opposite in the same cluster (i.e. if I press 'B' on a 360 controller, I have to press 'X'). It's not as bad as it used to be! I had to do a lot symetrically.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    People leaving a window open and then the door, meaning that the door then repetitively taps the latch or whatever it is, that drives me mad, so much so that as soon as anyone walks up stairs I scream at them to shut the bathroom door.
    oh far out. My bedroom door doesn't do that, it just slams really loud whenever it's open. However the laundry door seems to be just as loud but it taps! It echoes throughout the house and everything shakes. It'll do it every 10 seconds. It's one sound I've learned to despise.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have to wash my hands constantly too. It's bad because it makes my hands start cracking, though this could be due to my incredibly dry living environment. Lotion fixes it up though.

I used to have to have every single possible bit of info about on song for my iTunes but I gave up after my computer was wiped so about half of my songs are OCD'd and the rest are like w/e.

Though now my OCD is about Talking to Trinity every chance I get if I don't take a chance at one of them I feel bad for awhile til I talk to her again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate the feeling of my nails touching my skin. Like the skin that's under the nail. Like where it's attached. When I become aware of the sensation I just sit and gently pull my skin away from my nail.

Which sounds painful and self-destructive, but it's not.

I can't stand anything touching my neck. I sleep with my hair up tight and either a spaghetti strap top or no top.

Clean hands. I don't know why, but I like my hands clean. It gets a bit weird sometimes.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

I'm OCD about my shoestrings. Ever since I was a kid if one shoe was tied tighter than the other one, it bugged the crap out of me and I had to re-tie the looser one to make it equally as tight. I'd do it over and over until they were both the same.

Which is why I try to stick to laceless shoes, like slip-on boots.

Also, I have a very specific way of doing things at my job and only do it wrong if I'm intentionally wasting time to annoy this girl Amy who never does anything. (It worked Saturday!) I won't get into that though.