Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little bit of OCD.

Default Little bit of OCD.

It seems that most people seem to have one or two obsessive-compulsive things that they do or habits they have.

For instance, I cannot touch a potato chip with my thumb. If I accidentally do, I have to wipe off any salt or flavouring off it.
    Also, whenever I'm hanging out the clothes for drying, anything that requires more than one peg has to have matching colour pegs. This goes to the extent of a pair of socks must be next to each other with the same colour pegs. But this has become habit and I do it without even noticing now.

So what's your little bit of OCD?

Wow. Lets put you in the mental hospital.

I don't think I have many OCD habits at the moment.
    Although whenever I get in any car, if the radio/cd is on I always turn it down. Not all the way down, but just enough.
    Then I can turn it back up later. Its a bit odd.

In my old house I used to go to bed, then have to get out of bed and check the windows in the kitchen. Every night, same routine.
    Even if I checked them before I went to bed.
    THAT was a bit annoying.
    Do I rev your engine Moony? Eh EH do I? nudge nudge wink wink etc ad nauseaum. - Sirius

Vroom, vroom. - Remus (ALLINTHESUBTEXTXD)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Things have to be clean. Especially table surfaces. My friends have said "Ashley, that's the waiter's job. You're not at work" many times while we were at restaurants. Even if I see one crumb on a surface I just cleaned, it has to be cleaned again.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Blog Entries

I have to close the door when i sleep, and i dont mean the door has to be closed, i mean if someone opens the door to come in before or while im in bed and closes it when they leave i have to get up open it again and close it myself.

I also touch metal where ever i go to discharge static but its not so much a compulsion.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I can't handle being late. Anywhere. I'll even go to the trouble of being hours early if there's no other way, but if I'm late I feel sick and panic.

A good trait in a pro-musician, but still a bit excessive!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

In before OC != OCD.

As much as I'd love to seem a little crazy, I can't think of any such habits right now.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a few habits the biggest one is I generally can have £100 in pound coins in my pocket but unless theres a £10 note I won't spend a penny because I end up worried about needing something. This has made me in the past quite poor at money management so my girlfriend has stepped in to help me by keeping my money for me and allowing me an "allowance" this helps and so I'm not bothered by it in the slightest.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Everything must have proper or consistent capitalization and punctuation. Spelling must also be correct. I can be texting in the dark with no backlight and I'll still take the time to type everything out, even if it makes the message longer and costs me more ._.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like my closet to be organized in this following order:

Tanktops ---> t-shirts---> sleeves ---> dresses ---> jeans ----> sweatpants ---> coats and jackets.

I am OCD about washing my hands. I need to wash them a lootttttttttttt.

I like my bathroom counter to be symmetrical, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I am OCD about washing my hands. I need to wash them a lootttttttttttt.
    I've found myself washing my hands a lot ever since learning about germs and microbes at uni. =P

One of my friends must go to bed at an even time. So 10:30 or something. Can't physically make himself if it's 10:29.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I wouldn't say it's OC at all, but under the right conditions, I'm a total clean freak. While my threshold of cleanliness is rather broad, when things get to the point where I can't take it anymore, I go all out.

For example, my room is what I would call a 5 on the messiness scale, 10 being the highest. 5 is usually where I start feeling the urge to clean, so I may do so today. However, when it's a small urge, I don't employ all of my effort. Now, if it was a 10, I'd put so much effort into cleaning I wouldn't even recognize the place anymore.

That being said, other than that, I'm not picky for where things are organized, really. My clothes are randomly hung up in my closet, and my socks are just carelessly thrown in my dresser drawer. I still organize things that matter to me though, like my books, video games, and DVDs.

i check to make sure i have my keys 3 times before i lock my car...

i also cant have my sheets and blankets crooked. they have to be perfectly straight and even and centered, even as i sleep.

i also cant stand guys who wear dress clothes and their gig line is off. it makes my eye twitch every time i see the button line on the shirt like 3 inches from the zipper on the pants. c'mon! that just looks so retarded and sloppy!
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I wouldn't say it's OC at all, but under the right conditions, I'm a total clean freak. While my threshold of cleanliness is rather broad, when things get to the point where I can't take it anymore, I go all out.

For example, my room is what I would call a 5 on the messiness scale, 10 being the highest. 5 is usually where I start feeling the urge to clean, so I may do so today. However, when it's a small urge, I don't employ all of my effort. Now, if it was a 10, I'd put so much effort into cleaning I wouldn't even recognize the place anymore.

That being said, other than that, I'm not picky for where things are organized, really. My clothes are randomly hung up in my closet, and my socks are just carelessly thrown in my dresser drawer. I still organize things that matter to me though, like my books, video games, and DVDs.
    Same.

Except I have a strange obsession with coins. Must be clean, shiny, and organized (type, year, mint) in little yogurt containers.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

My doggies must be wiped clean after they pee and poo. =O

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    Same. I can usually deal with a little bit of messiness on my desk but then something inside me just snaps and I turn into a massive neat freak and PURGE my room until it's perfect.