Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trance

Quote Originally Posted by SeeDRankLou View Post
    As said before, when Garnet summons an eidolon under trance it will be summoned with a slightly different animation, with slightly altered attack power. And then after that, as long as Garnet doesn't summon a new one, that eidolon will randomly summon itself again. The only good thing about the random summon is that it doesn't use any more of the trance gauge, so if Garnet doesn't do anything else that Eidolon can summon itself for the remainder of the battle.
    In order to keep her Trance gauge, don't you have to wait for other characters to be available and triangle-skip them? Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    if Zidane's Dyne skills were not so smurfing broken I would say it was one of the better systems.
    I never had any problems with Zidane's Dyne. When Trance occurred, I always liked being able toe use his the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    i personaly hate Trance because it doesn't carry over to the next fight...
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    I'm going to final fantasy hell
    Not necessarily, if you sing the hymn of the faith, prey to Aerith, devote yourself to a Paladin, tote a large sword, kill your evil sibling, and steal an ostrich and claim it's a chocobo, you should be alright.
    You're out of luck is your sibling is only evil to you. Wait a minute... HELL NO! A frickin' dumbass ostrich cannot be passed off as a Chocobo. Gimme a break.

I like the Trance system cause it wasn't savable, it not only justified their immense power but allowed a bit of long-term strategy.

I like Trance because it couldn't be saved for a later battle.

1st - people say that when u need it u won't have it, but it will go all on random battles. Complete bull. For 3 runs of the game, on every boss I really needed Trance, I had it.

2nd - This made you think for different strategies. Hell, on my first playthrough, on the final Kuja battle I had both Vivi and Zidane Tranced, but needed to save up Zaidane's Trance for Necron. So I purposely killed Zidane in a random fight before Kuja (so that his Trance won't go off on the Kuja fight) and I fought Kuja with 3 party members. Double Flare and Flare Sword demolish Kuja. And on Necron Zidane was revived and Tranced - Solution 9. It's my most memorable FF battle to date
    Last edited by Wind_Falcon; 03-26-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    if Zidane's Dyne skills were not so smurfing broken I would say it was one of the better systems.
    I never had any problems with Zidane's Dyne. When Trance occurred, I always liked being able toe use his the most.
    My problem with Zidane's is that its just pure and unapologetic damage. Granted, it was suppose to be for story purposes, but I prefer Limit Breaks when they use to be about strategy and not "I win buttons". Its my only issue with Zidane's; cause his falls into the "I win" category. The others can too, but they always felt a little more reasonable; and their brokenness was only apparent towards the end of the game. Whereas Zidane's was consistently broken from the beginning.

I just prefer strategy over godhood.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Steiner's Shock was practically an "I win" attack, except that you didn't even have to have him tranced in order to do 9999 damage. You could slice through every boss without problems if you had Steiner in your party, granted that you had enough ethers... And this got me a bit angry, 'cause this ability made Steiner's trance pointless...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

True, but like most of the really broken elements in IX's gameplay, it didn't show up until late in the game. I can't remember but doesn't the weapon that teaches Shock not even show up until the middle of the Third Disc?

Zidane's Thievery is also pretty broken as well and if you took the time to do the Frog Quest early...

I don't think there's anything wrong with their trances really. Zidane's trance was a life saver on necron actually. I was about to lose in that battle. Other non trance moves that have the ability to do 9,999 damage are limit glove and freya's dragon crest. Although I think Vivi's trance is the best.