Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trance

Default Trance

i dislike this....

i don't understand what this does for some characters, so can somebody please explain it to me? so Zidane's, Vivi's and Eiko's i understand (possibly Amarant's, i can't really remember what his trance is at the moment)

but wtf is with Dagger's, Steiner's and Quina's!? (i suppose Freya's isn't as blatently pathetic as theirs) does it only make them marginally stronger?...and why are Dagger's summons now called Eidolons (even though that's what they refer to them as in the rest of the game)...bring back the one uber overdrive/limit break/what have you!

Quote Originally Posted by .:kerrod:. View Post
    i dislike this....

i don't understand what this does for some characters, so can somebody please explain it to me? so Zidane's, Vivi's and Eiko's i understand (possibly Amarant's, i can't really remember what his trance is at the moment)

but wtf is with Dagger's, Steiner's and Quina's!? (i suppose Freya's isn't as blatently pathetic as theirs) does it only make them marginally stronger?...and why are Dagger's summons now called Eidolons (even though that's what they refer to them as in the rest of the game)...bring back the one uber overdrive/limit break/what have you!

Each character is effected differently by trance. Zidane gets higher speed and attack power as well as a special command, Vivi gets the ability to use double black magic, Steiner's attack strength goes up quite a bit (But I don't remember him having any other commands), and I believe Dagger's just raises her summoning ability?

I really haven't figured them out when I played through it last and Its been a while. I only used Zidane, Vivi, and Dagger. I remember not liking Dagger because her animations seemed to take longer during Trance but I don't know if its true or what.

EDIT: I looked it up on the main page.

Dagger -

There is only a random chance that the eidolon will actually appear when you summon it. It will appear the very first time you summon it, and then it's a random system thereafter. The damage done when the eidolon appears is about 2x more. When Garnet is in Trance, however, there is a much better chance that the eidolon will appear. Garnet can make it appear every time, however, by learning the boost ability.

....when it 'appears'?....oooh, the animation sequence rather than just the final blow thing...yeah i get it, but that kinda makes her trance useless once you learn boost (which i can do now)

Blog Entries

FFIX had a pretty terrible limit system

there was a picture here

Everyone except Steiner who goes into trance receives a 50% bonus to their attack strength. Steiner receives a 300% bonus (except while using the Blood Sword, which has a different damage calculation).

Quina's Eat turns into Cook. Eat allows Quina to eat a monster who's at 1/4 of its HP. Cook allows Quina to eat a monster who's at 1/2 of its HP.

As said before, when Garnet summons an eidolon under trance it will be summoned with a slightly different animation, with slightly altered attack power. And then after that, as long as Garnet doesn't summon a new one, that eidolon will randomly summon itself again. The only good thing about the random summon is that it doesn't use any more of the trance gauge, so if Garnet doesn't do anything else that Eidolon can summon itself for the remainder of the battle.

whoa, i didn't get the 'summons itself' thing from what we were discussing up there ^^ how does that work? i mean, if you put in a different command will she randomly summon as well as the command you selected?

Blog Entries

Actually, for Garnet, the "Summon" option is replaced by "Eidolon" and I think the Eidolons hit harder during her Trance state. I dunno... I might have to go back and check.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    FFIX had a pretty terrible limit system
    Yeah I was never like AW HELL YEAH like I was with the other limits, it was more like oh limit oh yeah let's just get on with it come on hurry up

Quote Originally Posted by .:kerrod:. View Post
    whoa, i didn't get the 'summons itself' thing from what we were discussing up there ^^ how does that work? i mean, if you put in a different command will she randomly summon as well as the command you selected?
    As long as that command isn't another summon command, then yes, she can do whatever she wants, and the eidolon will still randomly summon itself. However, if she does other stuff and her trance goes away, the random summon stops.

Blog Entries

Default settle the score

Zidane - he can use Dyne

Vivi - He can use double magic

Dagger - Her summons summon again and again

Stiener - His attack is stronger

Freya - He does more damage when he jumps. (He'll stay in the air and throw spears down

Eiko - she can cast double white magic

Quina - She has a better chance at eating an opponent.

Amarant - I think his special powers has an all effect.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    Zidane - he can use Dyne

Vivi - He can use double magic

Dagger - Her summons summon again and again

Stiener - His attack is stronger

Freya - She does more damage when she jumps. (She'll stay in the air and throw spears down)

Eiko - She can cast double white magic

Quina - S/he () has a better chance at eating an opponent.

Amarant - I think his special powers has an all effect.

Blog Entries

sorry I always seen freya and Quina as females, my mistake
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always considered Quina a female too, because I think s/he can equip an item that says "worn by women"

I forgot which item though

yeah, i also saw Quina as a girl, but every time they referred to it in this kind of context (ie. have to refer to it as 'it', 'him' or 'her'), instead of using 'it' they'd say 'him'

and Freya IS a girl, you were saying 'he', so i changed it to 'she' and bolded them

Blog Entries

Default smack me quick

I'm going to final fantasy hell
    Marcus