Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dissidia Costume Theory Thread

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by .:kerrod:. View Post
    wait...so there ARE four alt costumes for each character?

because there's definitely more than 1 alt for each character in that video ^^^ (some have more than 4, but i'm assuming that those are ex-mode alterations [eg. the emperor {i know onion knight's alternatives include his ex-modes}])
    Some of them are EX modes, the final costumes (where they are a pure color) are the random battle version you fight on the chess boards. I'm genuinely surprised by the costume designs especially since the Firion one was partly wrong. He turns into his actual Amano design. Same with good ole Bartz. Kawaii must be squeeling with glee.

i don't think this is the correct thread to post in, but i have something to say about the actual gameplay of this game...

their moves seem very limited from what i have experienced (i have a japanese version of the game), i mean, Square and Circle are the only two attacking buttons (triangle allows you to run up walls and Cross is to jump), and the characters just seem to do the same two moves...i can't read any of the instructions or prompts or anything, but has anybody heard of some way to do combos or something?
    another thing that annoys me is that i can't use firion's (frioniel...or something ) sword...square is a bow-and-arrow attack and circle is magic...so can anybody help me out in the 'attacks' and 'combos' department?

also, i forgot to mention that some of the moves change depending on whether you're in the air or on the ground (eg. firion's 'thunder grapple'-type move on the ground (circle [brave attack]) turns into a projectile ice attack in the air (however, his bow-and-arrow attack remains the same both in the air and on the ground), so they do, in fact, have more than 2 moves, but this makes for a maximum of 3 or 4, unless i'm missing something

EDIT: I'm also happy that the random battles will be 'crystal' people instead of the real-looking ones thanks for that, wolf (the info, not the feature )
    Last edited by .:kerrod:.; 12-19-2008 at 07:36 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It sounds like the Naruto fighting games for PS2. I would try different combinations of Circle and square with the d-pad. Try Up, up, square or forward, circle, circle. That or find the tutorial mode and play around.

the d-pad just changes the camera angle but i'll try with the analogue stick, i suppose...and i will try to find the tutorial, but i have no idea what any of the options say, so it will be a struggle

Are you low level? You unlock more moves as you increase in level and do some other stuff as well, I think.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

oh cool...yes, i'm still level 1 i'm not doing any of the story (until i get the english version), so i hope you can level up in the 'instant action'-type mode...even though i won't be playing much of that anyway (don't want to get sick of the game before the english release )

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's a video showing the costumes of Chaos, Cosmos, Gabranth and Shantotto(sp?)

YouTube - Dissidia Final Fantasy -PSP- Chaos+Cosmos+Gabranth+Shantotto Alt Costumes

I am kind of suprised and dissapointed that they didn't use the unmasked Neo Exdeath in this game in one form or another. Aside from being rather muscular, he was quite handsome. And we all know how much that factor sells in this franchise...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I wanted Tidus to have a Shuyin costume

The only things in his costumes that changed was his sword ;_;

His shiny costume was pretty neat-looking though; I like those. I laughed so much when I saw shirtless Sephiroth in leather pants xD

AND NO MISS CLOUD ;_;!!!
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 01-10-2009 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    The only things in his costumes that changed was his sword ;_;
    Not true. In fact, as far as I could tell, his weapon didn't change in his costume switch. The Caladbolg is used for his EX Mode, while the Brotherhood is used otherwise.

The change in his costume is very subtle, and rather sad compared to what the other characters get, but it is there. His shoes are the most obvious change (going from blue to yellow), but the rest of his outfit changed as well. The colors of his first outfit are duller and more washed-out, while the colors of his secondary costume are much brighter primary colors. And the armor on his left elbow switches a little as well, though you don't get a great view of it.

The changes are there, but they are very minor. Tidus's outfit didn't get a lot of love.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

WoL- Knight upgrade (T)

Garland- see attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.