Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Costume Theory Thread

Default Dissidia Costume Theory Thread

It's been said that there's four costumes for each character. It may not seem it, but that's a truly staggering amount, imo, considering many of the characters have one costume throughout their game of origin. Let's have some fun and guess what costumes each character will have, hm? Each character only gets one. *sigh*

Confirmed costumes are SeeD uniform for Squall, Luneth for OK, green-hair Terra, AC Cloud, shirtless Sephy, and red cape for Firion [no, I'm not joking] I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'll put all ideas and later confirmed costumes on this first post.

(C=confirmed, T=theory)

WoL- Red in-game model(T)

Garland- FFIX Garland(T)

Firion- Red-cape(C)

Emperor-Black Knight(T)

OK- Luneth(C)

CoD-

Cecil- Kain(T)

Golbez-

Bartz- Mime(T) Gilgamesh(T) Benjamin(T) Amano coloring(T)

ExDeath- Enuo(T)

Terra- Green hair(C)

Kefka-

Cloud- AC Outfit(C)

Sephiroth- Shirtless w/ one wing (C)

Squall- SeeD(C)

Ultimecia- Edea(P) Adel(T)

Zidane-

Kuja-

Tidus- Shuyin(P)

Jecht-

Shantotto(?)-

Gabranth(?)-
    Last edited by arcanedude34; 12-17-2008 at 08:01 PM.

jecht: sin (t)
    squall: naked (t)
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    squall: naked (t)
    Ooh and he can dye his hair blond and run around doing nekked cartwheels while somehow covering his (apparently very small) manhood. And he can have problems with his girlfriend and fight with a sword for no good reason when it's obvious that a gun would be much better.

Don't know why that reminded me of that.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After watching the new TGS trailer, I will be very surprised if one of Bartz's costumes isn't Gilgamesh since Bartz seems to have a theme of using major sword weapons from the series as his play style.

:Editga:

After viewing the trailer and thinking about it. My theory is that every character will have one "color swap" outfit and the other two may be special costumes or even alternate characters.

WoL- Red in-game model(T)

Garland-

Firion- Red-cape(C), Leon (T) Dark Knight (T)

Emperor-

OK- Luneth(C) (Ingus)

CoD-

Cecil- Kain (T)

Golbez- Rubicant (T)

Bartz- Gilgamesh(T) Galuf (T) Faris (T)

ExDeath-

Terra- Celes(T) Locke? (T)

Kefka-

Cloud- Zack(T) AC outfit (T)

Sephiroth- Nomura Design (T) KH outfit (T) Genesis (T)

Squall- SeeD(C) Seifer (T) Seifer SeeD (T)

Ultimecia- Edea(T) Adel (T)

Zidane- Amarant (T)

Kuja- Garland (T)

Tidus- Shuyin(T)

Jecht- Auron (T)

I know a few are out there but I'm also basing it on what I see their play styles being since the outfits are purely visual and will not change their play styles. Zidane and Jecht are examples of what I mean...

... oohh seifer. so we have squall reg, squall seed, squall naked, seifer, seifer naked, and seifer seed? i love this game already and cartwheel ftw, only not covering his dong, which i dont think is small.....
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    ... oohh seifer. so we have squall reg, squall seed, squall naked, seifer, seifer naked, and seifer seed? i love this game already and cartwheel ftw, only not covering his dong, which i dont think is small.....
    Like that'd ever make it past the censors. And that would turn off a number of fanboys... and attract a number of other types of fanboys. O_o

i think some of the alternate costumes could possibly be other characters...but only certain ones, such as cloud and zack, or bartz and his alternates, however, i highly doubt that one of terra's alternate costumes is locke it's a completely different gender!

also, with the onion knight 'confirmations', they're not alternate cosutumes, and it's not Luneth, either, it LOOKS like luneth because it's the same class, but that form and another mage form (sage?) are part of the OK Ex thingy...i forget what it's called, but the overdrive...so i don't think that should be counted

EDIT: Amarant sucks, if there is an alternate character for Zidane, i hope to God it's not him....i want Vivi in this game, but he's hardly an appropriate costume change for Zidane

The EX-Mode for OK is Ninja and Sage. Luneth is a confirmed alternate costume for OK.

Seeing how Sephirtoh/Cloud and Jecht/Tidus are based on Amano's designs... I am very disappointed that Amano's very, VERY unique version of Squall won't be an alternate costume.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There needs to be a blonde Squall and a white-haired Butz, or it won't be a true Amano love fest.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post

The EX-Mode for OK is Ninja and Sage. Luneth is a confirmed alternate costume for OK.
    oh, my mistake, sorry

Bartz's alternate costume needs to be Benjamin. There will be no argument about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Seeing how Sephirtoh/Cloud and Jecht/Tidus are based on Amano's designs... I am very disappointed that Amano's very, VERY unique version of Squall won't be an alternate costume.
    I think that since Squall is very well known for an FF character (as opposed to Bartz or Firion) people would feel estranged if he had a COMPLETELY different look. Bits of Amano's work were added into his design (the sash and poof around the waist, for instance)

And I have a feeling blue-colored Amano-styled Bartz with brown hair is as close as he'll get to being Amano-y. The zebra shirt just looks stupid.

Oh, and Wolf? By Dark Knight Firion, do you mean DK like the enemies that pwn him at the beginning of the game? If so... why? Just out of curiosity.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    And I have a feeling blue-colored Amano-styled Bartz with brown hair is as close as he'll get to being Amano-y. The zebra shirt just looks stupid.
    You're part of the problem, I see.

It really does look stupid though. I think the mix between in-game and Amano art we're seeing right now is my favorite version of Bartz.