Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Heights High

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Summer Heights High

I was fortunate enough to catch this show when I was in New Zealand, and now it's playing in America on HBO. Anyone else watching it, perhaps for the first time? If you like Tracy Ullman, or comedy that involves one actor playing multiple parts, OR mockumentaries like The Office, definitely check this out. There are a few things that might be more funny if you are somewhat acquainted with...I dunno, Australian culture I guess, but it is really accessible, my family watched the pilot last week and they all loved it. =)

Anyways, yeah, Chris Lilley is hilarious and the show is hilarious and it would be cool if some people here were watching it. >=(

Summer Heights High :D
    --Box Box Box Box

It's my favourite show ever. Chris Lilley is amazing.

But I assume it's very Aussie comedy and as you said, you'd have to be pretty well acquainted with our culture to get a lot of it.

I remember no one had even heard of it the day before the pilot episode, but the day after everyone at school was talking about it. Definition of an 'overnight sensation'.

Puck you miss!

Blog Entries

It's funny because to a suprising extent it's true

Ive watched most of them already.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

effing Hilarious!

I caught some of the J'aime clips on youtube and it was weird how some people thought it was an odd lookin girl lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, you would think it was obvious that it's all the same guy playing the different parts but :P My dad didn't get it either for a long time.
    --Box Box Box Box

Summer Hieghts High is hilariouis. Mr G is the best. I like it, but my girlfriend watches it in marathon stints which can be a bit much for me. After watching the series once though, ther are so many hidden gems that you dont hear every time.

good show kikkim
    :mario::luigi:

It is funny to an extent, but Mr. G's musical is the most distasteful thing I have seen in comedy in awhile. He actually based that on a girl that had just died at that school not long before he did it -- there was a huge uproar about it in the media when it was first released, and the way he handled it was very asshole-ish of him.

And for that I won't watch the show again.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    It is funny to an extent, but Mr. G's musical is the most distasteful thing I have seen in comedy in awhile. He actually based that on a girl that had just died at that school not long before he did it -- there was a huge uproar about it in the media when it was first released, and the way he handled it was very asshole-ish of him.

And for that I won't watch the show again.
    He did not base it on that girl who died. It was merely a coincidence and the photograph he shows of her looks similar to the girl that died.

The girl died before the show was aired, but not before filming and editing was finalised.

Blog Entries

The end of year musical with Mr G is the best finale ever.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Pyramid Head is l.o.v.e Social Moon Firesky's Avatar

I loved it, too! I tried watching it with a couple of friends, but they couldn't get why I found it so funny. Admittedly, Mr. G was a bit tiresome at times, but Jonah and Ja'mie more than made up for that.

I felt bad for Jonah, though...
    ~Maelström Fury~

.: Sekhmet's Moon :. Here.

私は天使の女王です。

yay i just bought the dvd lol!

love Ja'mie "i don't want to be a b*tch but you guys are really boring" XD

and "your bins are so random"

she i mean hes so funny

Pyramid Head is l.o.v.e Social Moon Firesky's Avatar

Pink Grin

Quote Originally Posted by ~sohappytobesushiholic~ View Post
    "your bins are so random"
    One of the best lines ever, no word of a lie.
    ~Maelström Fury~

.: Sekhmet's Moon :. Here.

私は天使の女王です。

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The skit about Jonah and his dad touching his penis is funny as hell. Also, the skit with Ja'mie and her dating the seventh grader is a notable mention.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, yeah. It's so typical too. :P I also just watched the last episode a couple weeks ago, and man. I would love to have the soundtrack to Mr. G's musical. ;D It's so embarrassing and makes me want to stop watching but so hilarious at the same time.
    --Box Box Box Box

Absolutely brilliant. You'd be amazed at how true to life characters like Ja'ime and Jonah are.