Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XI: Congrats to the sexiest mafia team ever

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Denmark View Post
    Rereading some stuff, Summoner caught my eye as did Sergeant Hartmen. Summoner is another person who just gives off some vibes, and Sergeant a couple pages back did a kind of whole list of "I think these people could be suspicious" which would be a decent move for Mafia, throw out a lot of people who you could find suspicion in, so that later reference it for a reason to vote someone off.
    How is that suspicious? Isn't that the whole point of a suspicion list? ( Which I've also clearly stated in other posts that I loosely follow it and only used it for the spur of the moment. )

Miriel basically confirmed what I said about Momiji a while back--his/her's awkward voting patterns.

I don't have much to say now, because I'm more focused on Momiji, who sadly won't be here for the remainder of the day.

At least let me ask what "vibes" you're getting from TSoL, Yaridovich?

It's nice that some of you are turning up now, but I'd also like to see some life from Psychotic as well, but I'm not too focused on Psy yet.

Throwing out a bunch of names and hoping one of 'em sticks is called spaghetti plating.

As for Summoner and Momiji, they both give me some impression of contributing, but only enough to fly under the radar, yet not seem inactive.

Yars seems more town to me at the moment then scum.

Yars is dead guys.

Yeah, seriously.
    Pay attention plx.

I think I'm going to have to agree and say Momiji is highest on my supicion list. The only one near that is TSoL, but I may just be paranoid about that. It's just that, looking back on the DD lynch vote, TSoL decided casually that he was voting DD pretty close to the end there, maybe in an attempt to disassociate himself from DD, who we know now to be scum.

Of course, it could be completely reasonable and I'm just being paranoid.
    P:

And that pretty much sums up my thoughts right now. Nothing else worth mentioning anyway.
    :S

It's not enough for me to vote Momiji yet, so I'll just stand for now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Miriel View Post
    Yars is dead guys.
    Talk about a bunch of observant types, huh? xD

I think I'll make an update, although there isn't much to go on yet. Too much inactivity.

Aerith's Knight

More to come, but first I want to get this paranoid theory off my chest that's been nagging me for awhile now. The more I think about it the likelier it seems, and my partner doesn't totally disagree so I'm not completely crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Demon Dude View Post
    I don't, Celes.

Regarding GoBo, your logic seems flawed. To be honest, it seems like you're trying to point the finger at me and Miriel to get out of the hot seat. Sure, I swap moods, but hey dosen't everybody? If you think voting for me simply because I change moods then I suppose eveyone's guilty in your book.

My argument with Miriel was simply strategy, we were discussing tactics, you've done it, I've done it, we've all done it. If you want to place the blame on me for playing the game, then fine. But you go first. Yeah, I think some people should be lynched, there are some cancers that will sometimes need to be cut out. Think of it like this...

You have a football team. (As in football, I mean soccer.) You require eight players for a game. You have eleven overall. One player is terrible, troublesome, and rather than being useless, he is actually hurting the team. So, you cut him out, he's a cancer, sure, he's a number for the team, but by cutting him him out you lose a detriment to the team and you can focus on what the team's there for-footie.

So, one who places needless accusations on people for doing something everyone, including the accuser, has done, then you are one thing. A cancer.

So, if you wish to hinder our progress on catching scum by placing the blame on anyone who actually gives a damn about it, fine by me. But you are NOT going to last long with it. Sorry, but this cancer's got to be cut out.

##Vote-Goldenboko
    This was totally and completely random and made zero sense. So we all lynched him:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Goldenboko View Post

I didn't even know I was in the hotseat. I merely gave my analysis on what happened.

Discussing tactics does not include voting for each other. Discussing tactics merely involves, well, discussing tactics. xD

Very shaky foundation to be casting a vote against me. If suspecting people to be mafia is a cancer within this game, we may as well die of multi-system-organ-failure right now. I was actually leaning more towards Neotifa, but thank you for making this so much easier for me.

##vote: Demon Dude

I'm off to bed now, I don't know if I'll be back in time for the end(school and all), so I voted now. Until tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dolentrean View Post
    Just a quick post before I have to go to school. I doubt if I'll get on before the day ends so I'll cast my vote.

##Vote: Demon Dude

He really seems to be swapping between angry and attacking, to calm and laying low. I know he said about everyone doing it, but he keeps swapping between two extremes really. Yeah, I'm going now.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    This day seems to be dragging on. I expected it to be over by the time I got up this morning, but I guess it works in my favour as I forgot to vote last night.

He seems far too jumpy and argumentative for my liking. That's all I have to go on though so I'll probably change my vote before the day ends.

Hopefully nobody noticed that I accidently posted that with my real account first
    Not working in class is fun!

As far as today, I feel Demon Dude is the correct choice. The first thing he did was give "advice" that can only distract the town, that listening to his first "tip" would have us make ridiculous lynches on annoying players, and not scum.

His arguments have been flawed and false. His argument against Goldenboko is obviously retaliatory, an newbie tactic for mafia, "discredit whom who tries to discredit you."

Other than DD, Psychotic, Momiji, Denmark, Sarge, and BoB all ring bells for different type of inactivity. If they do not begin posting soon and are not replaced we cannot rule out the chance of their inactivity being purposeful. Especially Momiji with his "My vote is correct for unsaid reasons," and Sarge with, "Becareful for inactives, excluding me of course!"

NeoTifa bugs me for her stupid card. I don't care if it was on purpose, it's a mafia tactic town has no reason to purposely act stupid other then trying to glide through and survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] ~*~Celes~*~
    Gah, sorry, I actually did something this weekend.
    >.>

Anyway, despite what has been said, I'm not sure that I'm too suspicious of NeoTifa, even with the grammar-swap.

Day one horrors are all we have to look forward to right now though. I honestly see nothing worth mentioning, except for the fact that Demon Dude seems very jumpy.
    And that being only slightly worth mentioning.

Again, day one jazz though.

I'll have to go back and read more in-depth. For right now, I'm gonna rush and go with Demon Dude. I hope I'm not being baised. If I am, sorry Demon Dude.
    =[

And, gah, thanks for the pointles vote, Miriel; it shows how much you care.
    D:

Woot. Let's get started.

So he dies. And he was a mafia Goon. And get this, he doesn't attempt to defend himself...at all. He doesn't urge us to vote Goldenboko...he doesn't even try to look convinced after the first vote. He just lays down and dies. Nobody defends him, nobody says, "well, let's not be too hasty here..." we all just pile on the votes.

Insane Paranoid Theory:

He was a sacrifice. Surely it's worth it to sacrifice one plain ol' goon early on if it means ensuring your mafia friends live throughout the rest of the game.

Notice how Dolentrean, Celes, and TSoL say pretty much the same thing when voting DD. If my little theory is at all accurrate, I would say either TSoL or Celes (low lying mafioso) and Miriel or Goldenboko (DD argued strongly against them before that one weird football metaphor) could be scum.

...but anyway, onto the sane stuff:

Number one on my list is ~*~Celes~*~

Quote Originally Posted by [M] ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    I'm not sure I like how NeoTifa attacks Laddy for "prodding" inactives and then casually posts a list of most inactive players.

I understand the point of view Yari is speaking from, referring to inactivity, but I'll let paraoia get the better of me, as I'd rather not trust anyone too much yet.
    ;P

Also, I don't quite like Laddy's method of randomly drawing names. I guess it could make things simpler this early in the game, but it could become a liability as we progress. I assume that you plan on discontinuing this method, maybe even after today.

Anyway, on to suspiciousness.

Miriel seems intelligent. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. It's not that I'm suspicious of you, it just seems that you stick out a lot.

I'm not too sure about Yaridovich. On one hand, you've basically come into the game defending yourself, whic can make you seem suspicious, but is very necessary in your situation. On the other hand, you completely admitted that you've been lurking. That screams guilt to me, sorry.

Day one, I was actually considering swapping my vote to NeoTifa, but decided against it when I saw a certain few of DD's posts. You stick out too, NeoTifa, but you seem to be working more for yourself, rather than working towards the root of things, as I feel Laddy is doing.

I'm not suspicious enough of anyone yet to vote though, so I'll leave it at that.

Eet tiem.
    Lengthier post than usual, but pretty much saying the same thing everyone else was saying.

Gah, I thought we had more time.
    I'm gonna have to go with

##Vote: NeoTifa

She's highest on my suspicion list, even small as it is.
    Everyone is tied at 1 vote per person voted for, and she quickly comes in and votes within the last five minutes, pretty much ensuring that NeoTifa dies.

Hogod, that's practically all of my suspicion list. I'm gonna have to go back and read some. I guess I'll post so you know that I'm not trying to "glide through days."
    P:
    Not convinced, pretty much every post of yours is in this one post here

...more sane stuff to come probably...I do have other suspicions xD
    Last edited by [M] Dave – Stepdad; 11-24-2008 at 07:02 PM.

My list is pretty weak at the moment:

Town: AK, Miriel, Del Murder and Loony BoB
    Inactive: Denmark(yes, I'm still counting you), Psychotic &others not in the rest of the list.

Scum: Momiji, ~Celes~, Serg. Hartman

Momiji I have explained yesterday, he gives off the feeling of an uninterest townie or absent goon(votes, but doesn't do much else)

~Celes~ is a new one. She hasn't posted long but I get the same feeling I had with laddy. Someone trying to stay under the radar. Not giving any reason to vote for Neotifa, and inactivity started that line of thinking. Call it a gut feeling. I don't trust it anymore, seeing as only 2 out of the 3 turned out mafia, so I will refrain from voting atm.

Serg. Hartman seems like a newbie goon to me. Like someone who wants to post, but is held back by more experienced mafia. I'll analyse his posts a bit more after some more posts.

Overall notice: Inactivity on day 3 is fail!

Yars is dead guys.
    God I feel dumb now. XD

This whole having the players be the same people in the game is confusing me so much. XD

Pft everyone shows up once I go play a video game, reading over posts brb.

@AK: Your theory is possible, in fact, one of the people who tacted on the vote is most likely imo, ~*~Celes~*~ or The Summoner of Leviathan most likely. With that said, the fact they voted for DD isn't enough for me to vote for them, and imo me and Goldenboko should have less susipicion on us not more. when it comes down to it, me and GoBo's vote and opinions pushed DD over the edge to death, and caused the bandwagon on Demon Dude. Especially Goldenboko, DD targetted him, DD was mafia, arguing otherwise seems susipicous until GB does something worth of susipicion!

After reviewing ~*~Celes~*~ has worked off my inactive and onto my susipicion list. With little posts she gave me a bit of an illusion of being here. Seems like she's trying to breeze through the days, and her votes have been susipicius. Last minute tack ons to NeoTifa and DD.

My susipicion list is such:

1. Momiji
    2. Celes
    3. TSoL
    4. AK (Only slightly, because she's tried to raise doubt on Goldenboko, who imo, has confirmed himself and I remember a lot of games were mafioso were the ones always trying to "unconfirm" confirmed townies).
    4. Inactives

Oh wow, lots of posts while I've been socializing. Sorry guys that I haven't been here today. Give me a little bit and i'll read over today's discussions.

lol 4. inactives is suppose to say "5. inactives"

lol 4. inactives is suppose to say "5. inactives"
    Dear God, man, you're right!

This totally changes everything. Let's lock up the dead people in a closet, stop all discussion for today and totally focus on this travesty.

I couldn't resist. xD

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aerith's Knight View Post
    More to come, but first I want to get this paranoid theory off my chest that's been nagging me for awhile now. The more I think about it the likelier it seems, and my partner doesn't totally disagree so I'm not completely crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Demon Dude View Post
    I don't, Celes.

Regarding GoBo, your logic seems flawed. To be honest, it seems like you're trying to point the finger at me and Miriel to get out of the hot seat. Sure, I swap moods, but hey dosen't everybody? If you think voting for me simply because I change moods then I suppose eveyone's guilty in your book.

My argument with Miriel was simply strategy, we were discussing tactics, you've done it, I've done it, we've all done it. If you want to place the blame on me for playing the game, then fine. But you go first. Yeah, I think some people should be lynched, there are some cancers that will sometimes need to be cut out. Think of it like this...

You have a football team. (As in football, I mean soccer.) You require eight players for a game. You have eleven overall. One player is terrible, troublesome, and rather than being useless, he is actually hurting the team. So, you cut him out, he's a cancer, sure, he's a number for the team, but by cutting him him out you lose a detriment to the team and you can focus on what the team's there for-footie.

So, one who places needless accusations on people for doing something everyone, including the accuser, has done, then you are one thing. A cancer.

So, if you wish to hinder our progress on catching scum by placing the blame on anyone who actually gives a damn about it, fine by me. But you are NOT going to last long with it. Sorry, but this cancer's got to be cut out.

##Vote-Goldenboko
    This was totally and completely random and made zero sense. So we all lynched him:
    Well, not exactly.

I actually made this post before that:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Goldenboko View Post
    Ok, lot's of things to cover I see.

Now there are four people I have my eyes on now:

In the case of Miriel, qwerty really sums it up quite nicely in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] qwertyxsora View Post
    Generaly if you say something sucks or that you hate it, its rare that you AREN"T displeased with it.
    Pointless squabbling over a definition asside, keeping an eye on Miriel now too.
    1) Twice now she has gotten in pointless debates, once with DD and now with Dolt.
    2) Going after DD for being 'Forceful' with Dolt. First off I don't see him being all that forceful, just pointing out possible reasons. Secondly because don't yo WANT to be forceful with those who haven't contributed to get them to? Its hardly a bad thing in most cases, and in this case I don't see how it could be bad, so it seems odd to talk as though it is.
    [/b]##unvote: Doltrean[/b]
    I can't help but wonder what my rival thinks of this?
    That and the fact that her arguments with DD seem a little.. fake. Not in that they didn't happen, but more in the fact that mafia often vote for each other on day one, then unvote later on. With that they fight a lot with each other, just to show that they aren't friendly with each other. I'll keep my eye on her posts, but it doesn't warrant a vote yet.

In the case of DD, I can't really say that this connection with Miriel bothers me, it's more the way he posts. Agressive, then docile. Often an strategy of Mafia who recognize that nobody rallies around them.

Then there's qwerty. He's been observant. Highly observant and moderatly aggressive. The kind of observant and aggressive a normal townie isn't. It could also be the real Goldenboko, who is usually very involved. And by involved I mean until the point of obsessive. But as he could just as well be a power role(who often feel the need to get involved), I will merely keep an eye out at any pattern in his posts.

Then the final contestant, Neotifa. I know who this is. Mostly because of the typing roleplaying fiasco. And I know this person only roleplays extreme stupid newbie when he/she has something to hide. But no contribution isn't really her/his style. An enigma wrapped in a puzzle wrapped in a soft deli taco with sour cream.

I'm balancing my vote between Neotifa and Demon Dude right now. I'll give my first real vote in a few hours.
    Wouldn't it be a bit weird to call attention to a strategy I would be using?

DD's big attack was merely a retaliatory strike against me, which pushed me over the edge to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aerith's Knight View Post
    (stuff)xD
    I voted DD strictly based on the fact that I found him to be suspicious. We got lucky first lynch and started the game out well.

NeoTifa was suspicious. I didn't even realize that the day was almost up. If you hadn't have let everyone know, time would've slipped by and I wouldn't have voted at all. Thanks. So I voted NeoTifa, though I guess based on wrong reasoning. To be absolutely honest, it probably would've taken a lot to sway me from voting NeoTifa, considering the fact that I had almost no suspicions. Too early on, I think.

So second lynching didn't go too well. On top of that, another potential help for the town was killed. We did get one Mafian, so I guess it's pretty evened out right now, but still. It's demoralizing.

Hah. Exactly. Every one of my posts explains perfectly that I'm having trouble pinning my suspicions on any one person in particular. I guess I can understand how that would make me look suspicious.
    P: