Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XI: Congrats to the sexiest mafia team ever

Thread needs more discussion and probably another day before I can make a true assessment of character. That's how I've always played, barring the really obvious choices (such as DD yesterday; I regret not being around for that).

Now if you'll excuse me, I was on my way to eat dinner and do my homework before this whole fiasco occurred.

Oh god, I'd have to agree with Miriel here. You can't just sit idly by until other people bring evidence out. You are just bandwagoning. The only way to get discussion is by discussing! By you just sitting back and letting other people figure things out, it seems like you have something to hide.

"I purposely avoid the first two days" (Only reason for anyone to do that would be to avoid being lynched mafia? Yes-Yes Yar-Yars) "I let everyone else do the work." (That's just crap) "You won't get any info out of me! Bye!"

##unvote: Momiji
    ##vote: Yaridovich

Sorry Yars, but you seem like one of those "really obvious choices" you where talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Since we know that DD was Mafia, I'm going to eliminate anyone from my suspicious list who voted for him-
    [7] Demon Dude- Miriel, Gobo, ~*~Celes~*~, Ak, Dolentrean, The Summoner of Leviathan, Laddy
    and I also want to eliminate everyone who voted with qwerty too
    [1] Miriel- Momiji, Denmark, qwerty
    [1] NeoTifa- qwerty, Del Murder

Not voting: Denmark, Psychotic, Loony BoB, Yaridovich, Sergeant Hartman.
    So this would make NeoTifa, Momiji, Del Murder, Denmark, Psychotic, Loony BoB, Yaridovich and I the suspicious ones for now at least.
    I disagree with a passion. Mafia have been known to vote on more than a few occasions to bandwagon with the others when it seems like he/she is a goner.

I wouldn't rule out anyone who bandwagoned, didn't post an adequate reason or voted for DD real late in the game.

Plus, you should always go for the vibe you get from someone.

This aside, I'm seeing more and more people covering for each other. This above post merely one of them. This is a scummy move people, and not something you win my trust by. To take Psy's philosophy: "Everyone is a mafia, until proven otherwise."

Be suspisious of everyone. Votecounts and arguments are easily fixed.

Oh and Neotifa, why not give your own opinion instead of asking for others'? I agree though, there are too many inactives.

Cid, is there anyone who needs to be replaced or has a valid reason for being absent?

Yar-yar, you really dug your own grave now. You just admitted to lurking. Not even because you have a power role or something like that, no, because you don't have enough info?

Read the last 15 pages, there is more than enough.

You just made it to the top of my list. And my list is more permanent than Richard Nixon's "To Kill" list.

I hope I don't sound like I'm bandagoning, but I think Yar-Yars is either a scum trying to lay low, or someone who just cba with playing, in which case he should be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Goldenboko View Post

Oh and Neotifa, why not give your own opinion instead of asking for others'?
    I have.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    I, for one, do see Laddy as a possibility for scum, but I'm not sure it's enough to warrant a vote from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    As for your BoB ploy, it sounds to me like you're using Laddy's excuse to get out of being suspicious, but it doesn't work that way. It can work with one person, but not two.

They aren't the only ones suspicious of you, Momiji. And what do you mean they're "quick" to throw suspicion at you? On day 1 when I mentioned you were a bit iffy, people looked at me oddly for saying so, but didn't say much more. I was the only one that really believed you were someone to watch out for. Now that you've been a TEENSY bit more active, they see what I see. That's not "quick to be suspicious," that's the town getting the scum vibes from you.
    If you read those corectly, you can see that I'm suspicious of Momiji and Laddy, and why. Also, Yar-Yars, after what he's had to say recently. This speaks to me the most:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yaridovich View Post
    I already said I have no gut feelings. Thus, I find everyone equally suspicious.
    After all that's happened, he has to find SOMEONE suspicious. That post says "I'm laying low so that no one will point fingers at me if I say I think someone who turns out to be mafia is suspicious." Or, he's panicking because he's a scummie who doesn't want to out one of his buddies, nor does he want to get a townie lynched because it will make him look suspicious.

Besides that, these are the least active players:

[M] The Summoner of Leviathan
    [M] Momiji
    [M] Denmark
    [M] Psychotic
    [M] Loony BoB
    [M] ~*~Celes~*~
    [M] Yaridovich
    [M] Sergeant Hartman

Of which, SoL and Yar-Yars have posted a bit more today. SoL actually has some stuff, but not Yar-Yars. Momiji has also posted a bit, but nothing of importance, and nothing that saves him from being suspicious. Denmark was posting a bit on Day 1 but I have yet to see anything today, and same with Celes. Therefore, out of the inactives, I'd say these are the ones to watch out for, out of whom I haven't mentioned before:

-Denmark
    -Celes

I'm going to keep an eye on those two, as well as Momiji and Laddy.

Laddy, can you tell me a bit more about this system of yours? Do you just randomly pick a non-active player and prod them until they speak, or do you have some method of choosing?

And if you need clarification on why I don't fully trust Laddy, it's because of his prodding method. If he can come up with a decent explanation for why he chooses who he does, he might be a bit more townie to me, but I can't say for certain.

My process is simple. I take all of the people I think should post more, and choose one random one to vote for. Day 1 I got Goldenboko so I voted Goldenboko.

Day 2 I got BoB.

Earlier you asked who was next, so I put the following names into the program

Celes
    Denmark
    Dolentrean
    Yaridovich
    TSoL

and Yaridovich came out. And as you can see, this seems like a really bad plan, but in a weird way it helps generate discussion.

edit by post

Sergent Hartman is also on that list, but the name got cut off when I copied it. (My notes on the game are a mess)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Goldenboko View Post
    Since we know that DD was Mafia, I'm going to eliminate anyone from my suspicious list who voted for him-
    [7] Demon Dude- Miriel, Gobo, ~*~Celes~*~, Ak, Dolentrean, The Summoner of Leviathan, Laddy

So this would make NeoTifa, Momiji, Del Murder, Denmark, Psychotic, Loony BoB, Yaridovich and I the suspicious ones for now at least.
    I disagree with a passion. Mafia have been known to vote on more than a few occasions to bandwagon with the others when it seems like he/she is a goner.

I wouldn't rule out anyone who bandwagoned, didn't post an adequate reason or voted for DD real late in the game.

Plus, you should always go for the vibe you get from someone.

This aside, I'm seeing more and more people covering for each other. This above post merely one of them. This is a scummy move people, and not something you win my trust by. To take Psy's philosophy: "Everyone is a mafia, until proven otherwise."

Be suspisious of everyone. Votecounts and arguments are easily fixed.

Oh and Neotifa, why not give your own opinion instead of asking for others'? I agree though, there are too many inactives.

Cid, is there anyone who needs to be replaced or has a valid reason for being absent?
    Yeah I don't stand by that strongly, it was just something that could maybe bring to light some people that may have been missed, because I'm clueless right now.

Oh, "Miriel". You try so hard. And yet, in every game you're Mafia, you always antagonize the innocent to keep accusing eyes off of you and "trusting" eyes pointed in your direction. Antagonism is the scummiest tactic of all.

How is it you study this game so thoroughly (or so it seems) yet always manage to give yourself away?

So yeah. There's my gut feeling. There's my opinion about someone.

There's my vote.

##Vote: Miriel

I'm not sure I like how NeoTifa attacks Laddy for "prodding" inactives and then casually posts a list of most inactive players.

I understand the point of view Yari is speaking from, referring to inactivity, but I'll let paraoia get the better of me, as I'd rather not trust anyone too much yet.
    ;P

Also, I don't quite like Laddy's method of randomly drawing names. I guess it could make things simpler this early in the game, but it could become a liability as we progress. I assume that you plan on discontinuing this method, maybe even after today.

Anyway, on to suspiciousness.

Miriel seems intelligent. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. It's not that I'm suspicious of you, it just seems that you stick out a lot.

I'm not too sure about Yaridovich. On one hand, you've basically come into the game defending yourself, whic can make you seem suspicious, but is very necessary in your situation. On the other hand, you completely admitted that you've been lurking. That screams guilt to me, sorry.

Day one, I was actually considering swapping my vote to NeoTifa, but decided against it when I saw a certain few of DD's posts. You stick out too, NeoTifa, but you seem to be working more for yourself, rather than working towards the root of things, as I feel Laddy is doing.

I'm not suspicious enough of anyone yet to vote though, so I'll leave it at that.

Eet tiem.

Aerith's Knight

I wholeheartedly agree that lurking like that is suspishus, Yar. You're being a useless sack of crap if you're town.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Momiji View Post

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Momiji View Post

As far as suspicions, I am rather suspicious of you; AK; Leviathan, Summoner of; and Laddy.
    o.o

Care to elaborate? Not just about me, either S:
    I find NeoTifa suspicious because of just the way she's been acting. That might be just because of her role-playing though. But, the going back and forth between NeoTifa and AK gives me suspicion of them both.
    Oh. So it's suspicious to discuss suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Miriel View Post
    That's ridiculous. That's like saying the town is better off when everyone has the same amount of susipicion as everyone else. Everyone's susipicious some are more then others.

The town didn't "set up" DD's bandwagon, he did himself with a big crappy post against Goldenboko. What about your constant claim against NeoTifa? That's not 'trying to set up a bandwagon?' Why not? Because people aren't making her their numero uno?

Speaking of which, why are you so concerned about NeoTifa. She played stupid, and hasn't really contributed, but why do you seem so convinced?
    ...that's really been bugging me actually. How could he not realize how scummy that seemed? How could he post something like that without the consent of the mafiosi? How could they approve of something like that? On day one no less!

I have to disagree with this. In past games, mafia have voted with a townie the killed the next night, and they have voted against their scummates (check Ace Mafia IX for a fantastic example of every member of the mafia turning against their godfather; the game ended with a mafia victory).
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aerith's Knight View Post
    Question for Cid: Are we allowed to share spreadsheets? I think I remember something about someone posting one then someone else going, "gah, you can't do that" and then the spreadsheet stayed anyhow. So I'm confused.
    I cant see a problem, but don't anyway as I don't know much about them.
    All it really has is a record of the votes and roles in a more organized manner

All in all, I think my vote still goes to Miss Tifa for reasons stated in a previous post.

Preview edit:

Oh, 'sup Celes, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, HMMMM?
    Last edited by [M] Dave – Stepdad; 11-24-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Aerith's Knight

Oh, whoops.

##Vote: NeoTifa
    Last edited by [M] Dave – Stepdad; 11-24-2008 at 07:01 PM.