Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Strategy.

Default Game Strategy.

Hey guys, let's get this thing kicked off. At the moment we know we have a Godfather, Hitman, and Goon. We still don't know what DD is, although if he's anything other then Goon, I'd imagine we are the lone mafia, as having more then one in that case would severely underpower the town and make them need a ton of roles. (Unless of course DD is a mafia doctor, or mafia cop, then it would make it obvious that at least there is some sort of killing faction other then us).

Personally, I'm tired of playing the straight up, by the book mafia tactic. I think we should do something unexpected this game. A fake fight between Lekana (Godfather), and BH (Goon, or DD if he's a goon), could be a great way to catch the town by surprise. I remember in IX when two mafia called for the lynch of each other it got me pretty good. It would be risky, but as I said, I'm very tired of "safe playing" as mafia.

I intend to either lay low and vote for one of us today or frame a townie, but that's only if I get a gut vibe.

Also, I think all kills should be directed toward active players. Or at least players who are being beneficial toward the town. In the past I used to search for cops trying to glide under the radar every night, but I've decided you aren't going to really have a shot at finding them till at the very least Night 2. After reviewing what happens to a town when they have a large majority of inactive players, it'd be a waste and a help to the town killing, "Just to make sure we get a kill", until endgame.

If anyone else has any ideas or such, post away.

Someone could play Cop and inspect/hunt a willing Mafian (probably a goon) if they're willing.

In fact, that could be what the argument is about in the first place.

BTW, if you haven't heard me earlier, I'm Laddy and I'm a goon.

That's dangerous. With a Godfather on our team there must be a Cop, roleclaiming Cop could backfire, unless we could convince the town one is insane or one is naive or such.

Well...do we have any tricks we could use to convince they are insane?

Sadly, no. Unless the person get's all innocent readings we really can't convince them of anything. If they get all innocents we can say they're naive.

I suppose if we initiate some plan like this on Day 2, on Day 3 we could say we got another Guilty verdict, so we're most likely a paranoid cop.

I suppose so.

Oh, and are we arguing too much in the thread?

I've got one last thing to say in the thread, and it's

Exactly. Lynching based of some being just plain stupid usually isn't great idea. It does chalk up some scum as they could be trying to fake stupid, but you can't let your votes be dictated by your emotion. Luna knew everyone would lynch Myrtle just because they hated her. That allowed her to play the town off they're emotions, and I don't like that the first thing you're saying is pro-emotion based voting.
    This will distance me from you. After I post this I recommend you conceed and allow discussion to move on.

Yeah.

BTW, i don't really believe that, I was trying to play ignorant.

I know, and it would look bad when people figure out who I am and notice I didn't comment on that.

Whoops just woke up guys xD

Also laddy, I suggest you listen ton Gobo, he has been a vet so he kinda knows how this works. This prolly the first time i've really been mafia. SOOOO it's really unexpected. Also I'm really good at being a doc. If I play like that I can find us some good power roles fairly easily. Let me finish reading the thread and i'll get some notes out.

I am listening to GoBo, Del. =/ I suck at Mafia, so I have no reason not to.

Far too defensive with my vote against you. Not even commenting on my newest post on you is probably your best option.

I wonder if i should bandwagon with you gobo xD that would NOT be expected xD two mafiaso going ofr another mafiaso xD

Aw, dammit! Already posted, but I thought I did a reasonable job with my reply.

I don't, you're concede too easily. If gobo wasn't already making comments then i would be on you like hot butter on pancakes.