Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Shows you watch

I'm curious as to what shows people currently watch. You can post a little something about each program or just list them. Here's mine:

The Simpsons - More out of loyalty than anything else, since this is way past its prime. Sometimes a funny episode will sneak its way in there but not often these days.

King of the Hill - Same as the above, might as well ride these out to the end. These naive rednecks can still be amusing. I like Dale the best.

Entourage - Still catching up with past seasons of this one but it is pretty funny. Ari Gold is one of the best characters ever.

Chuck - This is a cute show with endearing characters. Spy stuff is cool, and the fact that it takes place at a store called "Buy More" is quite amusing. Also the chick Sarah is hot.

Prison Break - This is my favorite show currently. I think the premise is unique, the stories are suspenseful, and the characters are interesting. You are never going to find a character like Theodore 'Tbag' Bagwell in any other media. Even though they broke out of prison 2 years ago, they still seem to be able to keep this plot moving in interesting directions without too much repetition, which I can't say for some other serial dramas.

Two and a Half Men - Too much stuff on Mondays. Not much to say about this show except that it's still pretty funny and has good writing. A lot of sex jokes, and you can't go wrong with those.

24 - When 24 comes back I'll watch it because it's 24 and you have to watch 24. You just have to. But this show is past its prime and I don't expect anything to happen that I haven't seen in the last 6 seasons.

Heroes - When this first came on I thought the idea was solid, while the execution was okay. But it was such a cool concept for a show that I looked past what really is bad bad writing. Now the concept is stale due to mega over repitition of storylines and there isn't much else to help it. Most of the characters are stale too, and the new ones this season suck. Still, it's interesting enough that I want to see what happens so I still watch. Could have been so much more.

Eli Stone - This is a unique show that not many people talk about, but with all the God references it might be able to stay alive due to the power of the Midwest. I really dig laywer shows and I think this is a good one. Eli is like a little puppy dog and the stories are usually feel good. Even the annoying lawyer girl that he'll end up getting with is starting to grow on me. Also, Jack Bristow is in it and Jack Bristow is awesome.

Pushing Dasies - This show is like a fairy tale in live action. That's how it looks anyway. Beneath the surface is a mystery show with a very interesting twist, and very adorable characters. Unfortunately this show is too different and will probably be cancelled. It reminds me of Arrested Development in the way that it is too smart for it's own good.

Lost - Lost really picked it up last season which is great. I am highly anticipating the return of this show. The greatest thing to happen to it was for the network to give it a set ending date so that the writers could plan accordingly. I love Lost.

Survivor - If I couldn't record stuff then I wouldn't watch Survivor. It's my reality TV fix but I can do without it. Survivor started the whole reality craze and it's still the best, but this season is lacking in the personalities that make it entertaining.

Smallville - Don't laugh at me! Smallville is still watchable! Everyone gets their guilty pleasure and this is mine. I don't care what anyone says, I like Smallville! Also Lois Lane is hot.

The Office - Losing it's touch unfortunately, but still better than 90% of shows out there. It's funny and I don't miss it.

30 Rock - I like it. Baldwin is the best.

Battlestar Galactica - Only 10 episodes left of this one but according to the actors we are in for a ride. The final episode is going to totally smurf with our heads and I can't wait to see it!

Mythbusters - I catch this now and again when my Tivo picks it up. They do cool stuff and I get jealous of their job often.

Late Show with David Letterman - This is how I keep up with the news. Dave is still funnier than Leno and I like his oldschool charm.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The Simpsons - More out of loyalty than anything else, since this is way past its prime. Sometimes a funny episode will sneak its way in there but not often these days.

30 Rock - I like it. Baldwin is the best.

Mythbusters - I catch this now and again when my Tivo picks it up. They do cool stuff and I get jealous of their job often.

Late Show with David Letterman - This is how I keep up with the news. Dave is still funnier than Leno and I like his oldschool charm.
    These. And pretty much for the same reasons (although I get my news from The Daily Show instead of Letterman ).

Daily Show-As mentioned before, this is how I like to keep up.

Late Night w/Conan-The silliness is what makes it great. Conan is my favorite late night host.

The Soup-Joel McHale is awesome. Their regular bits such as "Chat Stew" and "Reality Show Clip Time" are amazing. Bad TV makes good TV.

Saturday Night Live-People say it sucks anymore. I disagree. While there are often terrible sketches, the majority of the show is genius.

That's about it.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Scrubs
    Friends
    Seinfeld
    Everybody Loves Raymond
    Yes, Dear
    Just Shoot Me
    George Lopez
    Family Matters
    Home Improvement
    Comedy Central Presents and stuff

Simpsons
    King of the Hill
    American Dad
    Family Guy
    Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
    Total Drama Island
    South Park
    Flapjack

As you can see it's all cartoons and sitcoms. And it's mostly on TBS, Nick, or Cartoon Network. I like it when you don't have to think and can zone out. It's awesome when I catch a reference to something though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I should Tivo the daily show.

Smallville - Im willing to see this through to the end..and dude...doomsday lol!

Lost - What you said, with the end date set they can plan accordingly...awesome show...mighty confused but again willing to see this through lol!

Chuck - OMG (SPOILER)Jill!!! i saw it only like a few minutes before the reveal lol!

Gossip Girl & Greys - yeah...the guilty pleasures lol

Supernatural - Its been awesome since the season 1 finale

Heroes - Im still hoping someone shuts up Peter and/or Mohinder lol

and then theres Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock and Battlestar Galactica!

Prison Break isnt doing too bad this season either lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

I don't watch much television because I don't like 5+ minute commercials. I watch several shows on Hulu though:

House, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Sons of Anarchy. I'm also waiting for the release of the third season of Friday Night Lights in the Spring.

I used to watch Heroes, but I missed a few episodes and sort of gave up on it. I am debating with myself on whether or not I should buy the DVDs.

I don't watch Tv anymore. =/ If I do, it's only for;

Everybody loves Raymond
    Venture Brothers
    Family Guy
    Army Wives (Don't ask, the wife got me into it) =(

That's about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well you can watch a lot of shows with only 30 sec commercial breaks online at the network websites, but according to people that only works if you live in the US.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

that only works if you live in the US.
    Truth. After coming to the US for school, all of these wonderful streaming sites have become available to me. I just watched the latest Heroes on Hulu.

I don't actually have any cable hooked up to my tv, so I don't watch much of anything on the TV. (Loads and loads of anime from my computer through DVI-HDMI though.) I picked up 'Mad Men' on Bluray on a whim, it's alright.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Lost
    The Simpsons
    Scrubs
    Friends

Most of them when it's just repeats. I really don't watch much TV..

Str8 Pimpin'

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Everything I watch?

Keeping dibs on:
    House
    The Office
    30 Rock
    Letterman
    How I Met Your Mother - because I press it for glory
    Conan
    SNL (despite my stance that it has gotten worse since 2004)

Syndicated Reruns:
    Family Guy
    Simpsons
    Friends

Animu:
    Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
    ChäoS;HEAd
    Clannad: After Story
    ef - a tale of melodies
    Kannagi
    Tora Dora
    Xam'd
    Eureka Seven (because I can)

By the way, streaming video is awesome.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

LOST
    Heroes
    Ugly Betty
    Desperate Housewives
    Some friday night telly if I feel like it. Johnathan Ross mainly -well, until recently.

Sports

NHL- I try and watch the New Jersey Devils when I can
    NBA- don't care too much
    Baseball- Yankees
    NFL- Bills or Monday Night Football

Seinfeld- the best show ever made
    Simpsons- occasionally
    House
    The Big Bang Theory- non stop laughs for me
    Man vs Wild
    Survivorman
    Mythbusters
    CSI- occasionally
    Survivor- hooked since season 8
    The Soup- This show on E! is a recap of all shows on TV the past week. Quite good IMO

That's all I can think of now

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smallville - Don't laugh at me! Smallville is still watchable! Everyone gets their guilty pleasure and this is mine. I don't care what anyone says, I like Smallville! Also Lois Lane is hot.
    It may be a little formulaic at times, but the Superman fan in me needs to see it through to the end. On the bright side, this season has been a major improvement over the last three or so. I'm also greatly looking forward to the Legion of Superheroes episode.

Other shows I watch:
    Heroes: This season needs to pick up soon or I'll give up on the show after the finale. Last season completely sucked, this one's better, but dragging on.

Prison Break: This season's been decent, the last one was complete crap. I'm having a hard time caring as the story develops though. It's just not grabbing me. I think I mainly watch it because my fiancee does.

Supernatural: Just started watching this season since my fiancee got me hooked. I'll have to catch up on the others at some point. This is easily one of my favourite shows on TV right now.

House: Not as good as the first few seasons, but still good and as long as Hugh Laurie remains hilarious as House I'll watch it.

Lost: I'm glad they have a set end date mainly so that sticking around to the end won't mean watching for many more years. I loved the first and third seasons and thought the second was really good, but they lost a lot of momentum with one predictable event after another in the fourth season. In all honesty, I saw every plot twist except one coming well ahead of time this season. I even called the big reveal in the finale way back when I watched the season 3 finale. Very disappointing when a show that pretty much tries to surprise you and keep you guessing at every turn utterly fails at it.

Battlestar Galactica: My favourite show of all time thus far. Unlike Lost as of late, it's kept me on my toes from day one, and has kept it's momentum throughout, rarely letting up even for a moment. Easily one of the best shows going, and one of the few that actually manages to surprise me. I can honestly say I'm never sure what they're going to do next.

Grey's Anatomy: My fiancee got me hooked. I'll admit that it's better than I thought it would be. Some characters annoy the hell out of me, but it's better than most of what's on TV by and large.

Mythbusters: Do I have to say anything about this one?

That's all I can think of for now.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was announced today that two of my favorite shows on television have effectively been canceled.

Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money.

And I would just like to say, smurf you Nielson family jackasses. What, were the words too hard for you to understand? Did the high level of writing go right over your numbskull heads? Did you see the quirky and vibrant set designs, the brilliant acting and decide that you prefer to watch the 15th spin off of CSI instead?

God dammit. Screw ABC, screw everybody.