View Poll Results: Final Fantasy Adventure or Sword of Mana?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy Adventure!

9 52.94%
  • Sword of Mana!

8 47.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy Adventure vs. Sword of Mana

I like FFA the best. I have played through Sword of Mana, but in my opinion, the original story of the old game is a little bit more..."epic". Also I like the ending of FFA better, it is "good" and "tragic" at the same time and in Sword of Mana the same scene looks rather poor.
    I like the music and the graphics of the remake but the story in FFA leaves a lot more things to the players imagination when it comes to the story
    But that opinion can come from my nostalgic feelings for FFA. It was the first Adventure I've ever played and the first game for my Game Boy

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've only played Sword of Mana, but I chose Final Fantasy Adventure anyway because I probably would have liked it better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Sword of Mana is the better game. It has a more engrossing plot, the characters are fleshed out a bit better, the cutscenes are more interesting, it has a much more "Mana" feel (Elemental Spirits, Lil Cactus, Round Drops, etc). The graphics are pretty.

However, I think I might have enjoyed FFA a bit more because I'm a retro-ist at heart, and enjoyed the notion that THIS was where it all began. And it's also fun to how blatantly Square was trying to rip off the original '87 Zelda game and their own Final Fantasy franchise at the same time by combining the two into something new.