View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Final Fantasy?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

4 2.42%
  • Final Fantasy II

2 1.21%
  • Final Fantasy III

2 1.21%
  • Final Fantasy IV

11 6.67%
  • Final Fantasy V

3 1.82%
  • Final Fantasy VI

26 15.76%
  • Final Fantasy VII

31 18.79%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

24 14.55%
  • Final Fantasy IX

39 23.64%
  • Final Fantasy X

19 11.52%
  • Final Fantasy XII

4 2.42%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy

Idk but its all about that FF8 Baby!!!!! that game went hard man forreal
    JUST JAMAL MATHEWS!!!!!

FF VIII. I know a lot of people hate it, but it's really always been my favorite. Me being the military fanboy I am, and the story's heavy reliance on military organizations, The world always just felt more real to me. I know they introduce Ultimecia later on, but your first enemy, Galbadia, isn't some demonic super-villian. It's just another country, looking after it's interest instead of being evil for evil's sake.

The characters may be a little stereotyped on the surface, but they really have an incredible depth to them. That, and the backstory. I could fill in most of the FF VIII world history for the past 60 years.

Those little hidden tidbits don't jump out at you, either. They're there for those who are really interested and look for them.

Garland is freakin' awesome.

Probably my favorite is X. Interesting story, has possibly the best music...and the sphere grid was pretty different for its time.

I voted Final Fantasy VI, it was the second Final Fantasy I played the first being Final Fantasy VII.

The main reason it's my favourite is mainly because of both the brilliant storyline and the games music.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VII, though I must admit, I haven't played many different FFs. It's hard for me to decide whether I like VII, VIII or X most, but I just hated Confuse in VIII and Lightning Dodge in X. Well, in VII I hate the lack of challenges in the endgame. Emerald and Ruby are easily defeated. But I just LOVE that story, all its backgrounds, the sidequests (chocobo breeding ) and the possibility of easily modding it.

I'm surprised by the love for Zidane and Garnet's love story in 9. I thought it was easily the WORST love story with Tidus and Yuna and 10 being the best.

That brings me to my favorite. For me, I'm stuck choosing from among 6, 10, and 12 as my favorite.

6 had a good story, and it had many fun characters, most of which actually had backstories and a good number of them had their own subplots within the main plot. It had many I'd definitely be friends with (Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Gau, Strago, Relm, Mog), and the villain, while crazy, was probably one of the most exciting ones of the series! Music was excellent, as well, and even though many of the subquests were saved for the WoR portion of the game, I still enjoyed going through many of them!

10 was the pioneer of the PS2 generation. It was the game's first foray into having voice actors, the graphics were wonderful, the characters (to me) were sympathetic and relatable (except for Tidus's hate for his father clearly because of his obvious Oedipal complex), the battle system was wonderful (though I probably wasn't as huge a fan of the Sphere Grid system as some), the story was good (though I didn't care for the twist of Tidus and Zanarkand being dreams of the fayth). And the villain's motives you could at least somewhat get. (Seymour felt so much pain from losing his mother and didn't want anyone else to experience any more pain and sorrow like that. Not a GOOD reason, but at least it was a reason.) Plus, I felt for everyone when they went through the pain they went through in the game. And finally, Tidus and Yuna were my favorite love story ever. Such a beautiful story told between two of the them. MUCH better than the contrivance of Zidane and Garnet's.

12 I've always appreciated certain aspects of. The gameplay is probably my favorite. The gambit system is a great asset. You, as the player, can have more freedom of movement and just let the characters play for you in battles. The story was way too short, but it was still a good one. And we had more freedom with when we could do subquests and hunt for better weapons and/or armor. And the Hunts were one of the especially good parts of the game. It also had the first Cid to be a villain rather than a hero or an ally to the heroes. My one gripe is the lack of character development. I think Ashe, Balthier, and Basch are the only three to get developed at all, with Vaan, Fran, and Penelo languishing in the background. Also, the chemistry among the group members is noticeably horrible (or perhaps horribly noticeable). I respect that some people like that freshness of the party not entirely being buddy-buddy with one another, but the closeness of past casts is something I liked. You just don't buy that they all became friends at the end, despite Vaan's assertions as to the contrary. In any case, there's some great music, and the main villain isn't out to destroy the world, for once, but merely save it from the rule of some godlike forces. All in all, it's one of my favorites.

On the whole . . . I'll go ahead and give 10 the vote.

I. Compilation of Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VII-1 and everything (Sephiroth, story, atmosphere, characters, graphics, world, mini games, everything, Sephiroth)
    II. Final Fantasy VI & IX (story, atmosphere & characters | Kuja, story, atmosphere, characters, world, mini games, Kuja)
    III. Fabula Nova Crystallis - Final Fantasy XIII (Lightning, story, atmosphere, characters, graphics, main theme, Lightning)
    IV. Final Fantasy X (story, atmosphere, characters, world, mini games)
    V. Final Fantasy IV (story, atmosphere, characters)

Final fantasy VIII got my vote, it was my first ff and I remember pretending I was sick so I could stay home from school to play it. I hot it on Easter and I ate my ass of with chocolate while playing it. I've wasted many many sweet months on that game and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm quite happy to see Nine get so much love. I always figured that was the most unappreciated in the series.

Final Fantasy tactics, but it's not up there, so I'll say Final Fnatasy I just cause I like originals.

I went for X, but tbh, for me it's between IX and X. Both of these FFs felt like an adventure which immersed the player into it. IX went back to its classic FF crystal routes and it had amazingly colourful and interesting characters and FF X felt new and refreshing with a great cast of characters, a totally new and awesome battle system and amazing voice acting. Simply because X immeresed me more (probably due to the voice acting and the emotions it evoked) i voted for X, but it is just the slightest of prefernces.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I am so glad 9 is overtaking 7!!!

I'm sort of ashamed to admit that 10 is my favorite, but I do love 9 and 13... And 5 and 6, too. I can go old skool.
    jkhkjg

Never thought I'd choose FFIX...

When I was young, I was a huge fanboy of FFVII and I kinda thought it would always be my favourite even though i played all of the series afterwards.

But FFIX is just what a final fantasy should be,
    The simple way of learning abilities, the cast, the storyline
    I mean, it never really loses it's edge.

FFVI, FFV and FFIV were also Amazing.
    But that can't count as a surprise...
    If you don't like FFIX,
    Then what's the matter with you?

Ask yourself... haha.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy VII for me. That shiz was the bomb the first time I played it. Blew my freakin mind. After that, Final Fantasy X, VIII, IX, XIII, V, II, VI, I, and III in order. Never played IV.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II