View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Final Fantasy?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

4 2.42%
  • Final Fantasy II

2 1.21%
  • Final Fantasy III

2 1.21%
  • Final Fantasy IV

11 6.67%
  • Final Fantasy V

3 1.82%
  • Final Fantasy VI

26 15.76%
  • Final Fantasy VII

31 18.79%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

24 14.55%
  • Final Fantasy IX

39 23.64%
  • Final Fantasy X

19 11.52%
  • Final Fantasy XII

4 2.42%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy

IX is the favorite for me...

Vivi is freaking awesome...

Gosh, it's so hard to decide for me, because I really like all of them. I don't want to make another wall of text like I just did in the "Least Favourite" topic, so I'll try to be brief.

Like a lot of people here, I'm surprised that FF Tactics wasn't listed, because it was very good story-wise in my opinion. That said, I'm having a really difficult time deciding between FF IV, VI, and IX. For me it's between those three.

IV - I felt that FF IV just had this classic feel in a really good way, which gave it a lot of charm. As Bastian said, it really brought the classic concepts of "wizards, castles, bards, and swords" out, but in a nice way that was very fresh. It also had really nice music, which adds to the experience [everything counts!], as well as nice scenery [considering the graphics of the time].

VI - Even though the graphics were better, the scenery wasn't as nice overall. Still, this game had such wonderful characterization as well as quite a large margin for customization [as FF II did in a different way], which made the game quite fun. Although its story wasn't quite as "epic" as a few of the other Square-titles, it was still presented quite nicely and was also well thought-out.

IX - To me, this one combines a wonderful soundtrack, wonderful scenery, good characterization, as well as a very in-depth, wonderful story. Even though I would've loved to have Beatrix [she's so awesome] instead of that annoying fat rusty pile of tin [yes I find Steiner a bit annoying], I still enjoyed the entire array of characters that integrate themselves in Zidane's path. It also had great villains, and even an entirely new world, as well as the classic "world poison" that is manifested in this game as "Mist", which is a pretty cool concept in itself.

When it comes down to it however, I think I'll have to pick FF IX. For me, this one is just a fine hair above the other two. I know that I said I was going to try and not post a wall of text, but I ended up doing that anyways. Sorry! I tried!

It has to be ff9, great storyline, great characters, as you can tell i love it!!! Best game ever!!
    Last edited by Dark Angel Kira; 07-27-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Blog Entries

VI is my absolute favorite because of the fantastic story and characters, but V and X are really close, too. I'm a sucker for games with some kind of humor, and Bartz's weird lines and Tidus's stupidity always made me laugh. :<
    EDIT: Ahh, I re-discovered III and now I can't decide which FF I like the best out of those 4. -_-
    Last edited by Rebellious Eagle; 05-17-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Imma go with X because of he voice acting and also the spere grid i thought that was sweet (Lulu doing 99999 with a doll)
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

definteltly IX, yah VII was amazing, but IX brought a classic feel to the game with giving it an updated look and feel. i love IX for its characters, story, and every other aspect to the game. If KH was listed even thought its only half a final fantasy game i would have picked that. KH was brilliantly created with the hear, body, and soul concept and the way movies were turned into planets. For some wierd reason IX reminded me of KH, maybe its because of the look, humor, and story.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I could probably see about about the look and humor, but the story... two completely different sides of the spectrum.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FF4 is my favorite, but if you asked me which ff is the best in the series, I'd say 6. 6 is the better game, but 4 felt like one of the novels I'd stay up late just to read when I was younger. It's hard to explain. 4 just had this sort of charm.
    Returners Represent!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

^ Awesome sig!

VII. I don't think a reason is needed.

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

I love FFIX...

I have a deep love for every game in the series (except VII and II, as stated in the other thread). I even like aspects X-2. Each of 'em has its own good qualities, and they're fun to play.

However, if I had to choose a favorite, it's definitely IX. What I look for most in a game is a good atmosphere - it's why I'm so into Metroid. There's something delightfully cozy about Gaia. Each location was wonderfully rendered, and the background music was always a perfect compliment (except in Gargan/Fossil Roo. What on earth was that song?). Just the design of the world map was endearing, so much that I actually cared when it was all covered in mist.

I found all the characters to have more lifelike personalities than in any other game. They were unique and vivid. I found myself admiring 'em all. I dug all facets of the story.

I could elaborate some more as to why I'm so enamored by FFIX, but really, let's be honest here. I truly only need to say one thing: Chocobo Hot & Cold.

Rye made this!

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

VII, for obvious reasons.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Final Fantasy VI will probably remain my favorite in the series for a long while. The newer generation of games tries too hard and focuses on the wrong things when compared to the majority of the older generation. IX was about the closest to come to a game I actually enjoyed playing rather than a chore.

Not this again >.<

As usual, FFVI forever.

Wait, FFIX is leading? This is the first time I've seen it.

I picked FFVII, just because thats my default answer and because I'm just a nostalgic little fanboy like that. I love all of them though, V, VIII and XII aside.

I am really excited by all the FFIX love though. I always considered that one by far the most under-appreciated.