View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Final Fantasy?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

4 2.42%
  • Final Fantasy II

2 1.21%
  • Final Fantasy III

2 1.21%
  • Final Fantasy IV

11 6.67%
  • Final Fantasy V

3 1.82%
  • Final Fantasy VI

26 15.76%
  • Final Fantasy VII

31 18.79%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

24 14.55%
  • Final Fantasy IX

39 23.64%
  • Final Fantasy X

19 11.52%
  • Final Fantasy XII

4 2.42%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Final Fantasy

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Favorite Final Fantasy

We haven't had one of these threads in a while, so let the fanboyism commence!

Oh, and don't forget to post why you drool over the Final Fantasy that moves you!

Sorry folks, only primary numbered, non-MMORPG games are included this time!
    Figaro Castle

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

VI then IV then IX then X

Xii and Vii, cos they are the only ones that kept me interested enough to train and complete, i used codes on the others. plus i like there characters best.

VI starts of great but slides a lil towards the end
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

VI because it has a lovable cast, a equip system I like, an interesting storyline and it's the one I replay most often. Just full of that nostalgia for me.
    Though VII and IX are not far behind.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    VI because it has a lovable cast, a equip system I like, an interesting storyline and it's the one I replay most often. Just full of that nostalgia for me.
    Though IV and IX are not far behind.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Final Fantasy IX is the best game ever, so obviously its my favourite Final Fantasy. Anyone who doesn't vote for Final Fantasy IX is either a complete and utter moron or a pathological liar. In either case they deserve to be shot multiple times with a shotgun and nailed to a tree.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FFX! The story and the music are the two most important things to me in a Final Fantasy, and FFX is my favorite in both categories.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

V, it's generally a very entertaining game. The Advance script is hilarious. It's one of the funner turn based battle systems too. Plus, it's easy to be over powered in that game xD. Love some of town themes and Battle on the Big Bridge. Also it gave me this quote, "Now we fight like men! And women! And women who dress like men! For Gilgamesh it's Morphin' Time!"

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVI. The best story, characters, and music in the series. The gameplay isn't the greatest, but it's a decent enough system that manages to be fun despite being fairly abuseable and easy.

It's followed closely by FFIX and XII for me. IX has great story, music and characters as well as great gameplay. FFXII wins me over in the soundtrack and story departments as well. I like the characters in it too, though the character development isn't quite as strong in some other games, but it more than makes up for it with the best RPG gameplay I've seen in 18 years of playing games.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

FFVIII for me (just edging out FFIX). I do love all of FFVI to FFX, but the moment I first saw the opening FMV to VIII I pretty much fell in love with the game. I really enjoyed the plot (though I know it's one of the reasons the game is so 'love it or hate it'), it has a fantastic opening and ending, some great music, and I liked how certainparts of the storyline were left for the player to piece together themselves. I still grin like an idiot every time I see the ending to the game.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

im suprised by how low the FFVII is. i thought that would be first to explode.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    gameplay, storyline, casting, yesss~~~

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

FFVI is my favorite: I love almost everything about this rpg. Characters have really deep personalities; I think they are the true strenght of the game. Moreover, those who have no background (Mog) or strong personality (Gau) are at least very funny. The plot is something wonderful -though I prefear FFTs political plot-. It is definitely my game. But I couldn't live without FFVII and Tactics as well.
    E adesso aspetterò domani
    per avere nostalgia,
    signora Libertà,
    signorina Fantasia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anno Domini View Post
    im suprised by how low the FFVII is. i thought that would be first to explode.
    I just cracked it open.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VI for all the reasons stated before.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

For many years I was in love with the old school feel of FFVI and pretty much still am. However, for some strange reason, I fell in love with FFVIII and i really can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the battle system or the environments or maybe the so-so story. I really can't say. There's just something special about it for me.