View Poll Results: Which is your least favorite Final Fantasy?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy I

4 3.15%
  • Final Fantasy II

25 19.69%
  • Final Fantasy III

7 5.51%
  • Final Fantasy IV

7 5.51%
  • Final Fantasy V

6 4.72%
  • Final Fantasy VI

2 1.57%
  • Final Fantasy VII

11 8.66%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

23 18.11%
  • Final Fantasy IX

9 7.09%
  • Final Fantasy X

9 7.09%
  • Final Fantasy XII

24 18.90%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Final Fantasy

Blog Entries

Default somthing so stupid you don't know if it was really there.

OMG I forgot about 12, now I want to change my vote. it slipped my mind cause I just don't like thinking about it.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

II i shal now quote the great ones.

"i'll never finish this game, cause i dont hate myself that much"

2 could have been better, i really liked the way you leveled up magic and stats, but once you get past the part were minwu leaves its starts getting confusing as to were you go.

V the job system wasn't the greatest but it was good to see it redone in later games in the franchise.

VIII graphics=eye damage. hated the draw system and the fact behind having to re equipt GFs every friggen time you switch partys, it just got so annoying.

XII what no battal scenes is this a FF game or a damn Online knock off.

X & X-2 no complaints loved em both

IX didn't like the trance gauge, it would fill up and trance would go itno effect wheather you needed it or not , (still my favorite FF)

XI (shouldn't be in the main stream)

VII and all its parts/// Loved the original, AC and DOC, now its time to call it quits we have anough FF7

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

VIII- I couldn't stand Rinoa. I also didn't like how certain plot-twists felt contrived. I wasn't too keen on the combat system either.

For the time period that it was released in, my vote goes to FFVIII - because it messed up key stuff in an otherwise excellent game. I still like it, its just my least favourite.

And I never understood why people don't like FFII. I'm playing it now and it's fun.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Terrible how the hate thread gets more posts than the love thread
    Probably cause most people like too many games in the series to say which is the best. I know that's my issue at least.

X, I voted awhile back and even made a post but decided to remove it. The most bland game in the series which borrows from VII and the Tale of the Yamato no Orochi but fails to bring anything new and exciting to it. Unless you count the skullskullskullskullskullskullskullskull twist about Tidus and Dream Zanarkand. Interesting battle system dumbed down to the level of single cell organisms. At least II and VIII's systems were fun even if for awhile. Easily my most disappointing FF which only redeeming value is that it showed Square could do decent VA work. Beyond that, despite being the newer game in the series, it lags behind in innovation from gameplay to storytelling to music from every other FF in the series. Even its poorly made sequel has more redeeming qualities. :rolleyes2

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    And I never understood why people don't like FFII. I'm playing it now and it's fun.

its a fun gmae but its just plaim horrible at the same time.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post

VIII graphics=eye damage. hated the draw system and the fact behind having to re equipt GFs every friggen time you switch partys, it just got so annoying.
    Did you know there was a very very very easy way to switch absolutely everything from one party member to another? It really was only an issue after a couple of the Laguna dreams when everything was unequipped

^The Junction system was kinda cool, but the tutorials for it were skullskullskullskull.

its a fun gmae but its just plaim horrible at the same time.
    Lol, someone's drunk.

Why is it horrible? The story seems more interesting than FFI's so far... Although the Dreadnought section is laborious (I'm on it now).

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

VII for me because, it really didn't seem like the definition of Final Fantasy. I think that with the new Playstation platform Square was trying hard to pull in just about everyone. That's why there was a lot of cussing, a slum neighborhood, and a brothel to pull in jocks and thugs. And then they put in a black guy I guess so attract the black audience and then there's the anime character stereotypes like Yuffie the perky girl, two talking animals, Vincent, and of course Cloud and Sephiroth.
    Cloud and Sephiroth majorly because every big anime villain has to have long white or silver hair, examples you can find are in Inuyasha, Yugi-Oh, and Naruto. The rivalry between them also seems a bit cliche, but where the big cliche come is that both of the characters carry humungous swords again something you could find frequently in animes like Bleach, Inuyasha, and Naruto.

What I also didn't really like is that the game sort of bores you in the middle of it. sephiroth's motivations seems kind of dull and dry and he is nothing but a momma's boy. I really liked the ending with the rise of the weapons and the party getting imprisoned. Cid's intro was fantastic too, but with the middle of the game being so dull, and terrible mini games like the snowbaording and submarine mission and some pretty annoying music too, this game goes at the bottom of the list for me, just below X-2 which is a little better, but it would be right down there with VII if it didn't have another pop sequence at the ending.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

VII's probably my least favourite. It seems that VIII is probably the most controversal FF due to having a high count in both threads.

Str8 Pimpin'

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> All ff games are awesome but I must say that FF6 is my least fav..

oh yeah, eoff has rabid ff6 fans everywhere so I think is better for me to not give any reasons..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

*CRINGE* XII... Why continue??? WHY?!?!?!? The characters aren't that good, and neither are the graphics. They all look like they're constantly squinting, or they have a total GONK. I haven't played it, but having it shoved down your throat by all your friends tell you enough. I watched a few minutes of it and decided it was probably the worst out of all of them.
    Wherever Light is, Shadow Will Follow.

[A Shadow Hearts/Final Fantasy VII Crossover]

[Thanks Frequency NecroKat!]

^ I hate to be that person, but I encourage you to try and beat XII. Seriously, I couldn't stand it at first, but after playing it for a while, I came to really appreciate it. It has my favorite ending in the series, beautiful places to explore, and a decent story. I'm like the biggest X and VII fangirl too, so it's definitely not an old school bias that makes me like XII.
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering how much smack talk wanders into its forum; I am pleasantly surprised to see that not one person has voted for FFIX considering it was the bastard child of the series for awhile.

Still... I'm really sad to see II, VIII, and XII get the shaft...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmmm... probably FF8. The battle system dissapointed greatly.