Thread: Dragon Ball Z OVA Special - Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Default Dragon Ball Z OVA Special - Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

Linkage to a post with some youtube videos of it

Link 2 for higher quality mkv

Must say I really enjoyed this. I had my doubts, boy did I ever(after the Freeza/Cell Arcs things just sort of felt like they were going downhill for me). However, this seems to be a throwback of sorts and is just good ole fun!
    EDIT I should note: It takes place after the majin buu arc by two years(before GT takes place).
    It almost makes me willing to forgive GT!

Things of note: Gohan gets to act like a coach, plenty of Vegeta and Goku banter, Vegeta's little brother(who apparently can't fight), An enemy as strong as Freeza was("Freeza huh? In hindsight, not much of a foe[Goku was so looking forward to a tough opponent when he heard the brother needed help]. Perfect for the kids."), a radish pulling competition, and much much more!

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I saw somebody watching this on the YouTube front page and clicked on it out of boredom. It is so cheesy and stupid, just like everything Dragonball. Which is why it's awesome.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    I saw somebody watching this on the YouTube front page and clicked on it out of boredom. It is so cheesy and stupid, just like everything Dragonball. Which is why it's awesome.
    I dunno if I would have used those words exactly(since they usually have negative connotations and Dragon Ball at its best was cheesy and stupid in a good way).

But yeah, this is just fun . Reminds me of the good old days! But how did Master Roshi ever manage to pull out such a radish? Does he have a perversion detector or something? I mean what are the chances?

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like all things DBZ, it was cheesy and awesome. I just wish the art had been a little more consistent throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Like all things DBZ, it was cheesy and awesome. I just wish the art had been a little more consistent throughout.
    That, but was still wonderful to see something new about DBZ after so many years.