Thread: Luner Base, Piet and the three hours of Triple Triad. -_-

Default Luner Base, Piet and the three hours of Triple Triad. -_-

...it may have been four.

On my current playthrough of FFVIII I am trying to complete all sides quests, including getting all of the cards. I have already gotten all of the cards I can at this point. I have even completed the CC group challenge. WOOHOO! Who is the king of cards now? I cannot be defeated.. And then. Piet. This is ridicules. I need to beat him to get the Alexander card, without losing any of my cards to him. If I do I have to try to win them back. The problem wasn't only the random rule. It was also that this guy is the master at using Plus and Same. I refined my weak cards to prevent random from causing me too much trouble. But having strong cards doesn't do much against Same or Plus. I must have reset the game 20 times after losing cards, winning Alexander, losing more cards, winning more back... Finally I did it. This game alone taught me how to use Plus and Same. I will never play the same again... I might have been five hours.

PS. Once the Random Rule was abolished. But only after I had lost over half of my high level cards.

I beat him on my first go, out of pure, sheer luck. But I heard that you can play him again even after the space part, as you can find him somewhere near esther, crashed on some pod thing.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

One day I spent seven or more hours playing Triple Triad in Balamb town before the Timber mission! =O

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've played lots of triple triad and my only advice is to eradicate the rules prior to the lunar phase of the story this way you can lay the beat down on the guys and girls up there to get Alexander and Laguna with ease. Seriously though only 7 or so hours before timber? I spend so long playing triple triad that I've frozen the game clock on more than one occassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    I beat him on my first go, out of pure, sheer luck. But I heard that you can play him again even after the space part, as you can find him somewhere near esther, crashed on some pod thing.
    I wish I had known his before.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I spend so long playing triple triad that I've frozen the game clock on more than one occassion.
    =O

You can find Piet at the Crash Site in Esthar. It's not on the world map, but go google it and you can find it. I think the Queen of Cards is there in Disc 4 and she has some rare cards that one may have missed (I think the Laguna card).

The worse thing about the Lunar Base is that after you get Alexander from Piet, you have to get Laguna from Ellone. That was not fun! But I somehow managed to do it with some luck. And I was quite good with the Plus and Same rules. Especially since you have the Open rule, you can figure out where he can destroy you!

Yeah, if it wasn't for the Open rule I would have never beaten him.